City Does Some Street Sweeping To Remove Pests

Rimmer

City Does Some Street Sweeping To Remove Pests
Pattaya’s social welfare agencies along with police conducted a major street sweep to subdue and arrest the beggar gangs and vagrants all around the city. There were many complaints of poor people bugging tourists and creating a bad image of Pattaya.

PATTAYA – April 23, 2013 [PDN]; in the late night hours, a sweep was conducted of Pattaya’s main streets to remove beggars and vagrants.

Coordinating to conduct the sweep were officers of the social welfare division, Pattaya, Chonburi province, together with the related organizations such as Pattaya municipal, police of Pattaya police station, Pattaya tourism police, immigration police of Chonburi province and volunteer police.

Together they subdued and arrested the beggar gangs and vagrant people all over Pattaya, including the Pattaya beach-Walking Street road-central Pattaya-south Pattaya road-the markets-the Sois and the entertainment centers and business areas.

Officials were responding to complaints from the foreign tourists that there were a lot of Thai and foreign beggars and vagrant people in Pattaya, who always asked for money from the tourists to buy liquor to drink, and then they got drunk and made trouble,
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/24/city-does-some-street-sweeping-to-remove-pests/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-04-25

Im wondering why there is one guy that is always allowed to beg on the beach op soi ten? Even after the police take the girls. No one else is allowed to beg on the footpath. I see him in walking street too. he can actually walk perfectly well. I suspect he and others are doing pretty well and have good connections.

Rumour has it that quite a few of the beggars that sit in the gutter actually own the cars they are sitting in front of.

With the Cambodian beggers, why dont the police arrest the people that are bringing the to the beach? Of course this would be a little more work, and maybe someone would be out a few baht. I see all the markets on the east side now have beggers, wonder who brings them and picks them up, since they sure as hell didnt walk there.

With the Cambodian beggers, why dont the police arrest the people that are bringing the to the beach? Of course this would be a little more work, and maybe someone would be out a few baht. I see all the markets on the east side now have beggers, wonder who brings them and picks them up, since they sure as hell didnt walk there.

I too have noticed more of the 'shuffling' beggars when I go to markets on the East Side.

Yes, how do they get there?

I too have noticed more of the 'shuffling' beggars when I go to markets on the East Side.

Yes, how do they get there?

most of them can walk when they arent putting on a show

they missed the guy in walking street, what law are they breaking in any case? seems odd to make a news item out of it when this guy has been sitting in the middle of walking st and the beach rd footpath for years asking money from every passerby and the police do nothing when they see him, its a very public case of favouritism and not a good look for either the thai police or the volunteers who have obviously been ordered to allow him to do it. this particular guy passes himself off as a cripple and altho he is missing the bottom of one leg no one would know when he has trousers on as he doesnt limp at all, no reason he cant work but Im sure he makes more money begging then most jobs pay, and good on him.

I dont personally mind the beggars although this one can try grabbing you if you get too close, but lets get real with the news reporting, only beggars without police connections are going to be removed

Edited by wwex