Will You Still Visit Thailand.......

BKK90210

The real question, is not would YOU still come to Thailand, but will millions of tourists still come to Thailand.

Most of the posters on this board either live here or are frequent visitors. We would not be affected by the closing down of the "Naughty Nightlife" either because we are no longer very interested in it or because we could find it if we wanted to. But what about the tourists? What percentage of them would stop coming if the number of available women was greatly reduced?

It would be the same response as closing the bars at midnight. I won’t go into it but I imagine everyone knows what happened when the bars were told they had to close early. Or that you can’t buy beer between 2 and 5 PM.

One of the most delightful things about Thailand is the ability to put two Thai girls on a motorsci with 500 Bht and anything is available any time of the night or day.

Laws and politicians aside, one of the largest tourist attractions is the Alice’s restaurant factor. It was true in the 60’s and it is true now. In Thailand, you can get anything you want.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A more thought-provoking question would be 'would you still visit if Thai women showed absolutely no interest in western blokes whatsoever?' :o:D:D

That would be the best question. :D

Maybe a new Poll ?

It would be nice if someone answered honestly! :D

A lot of people think the naughty night life is a low paying business. That is not the case. A good looking naughty night life provider can easily generate 200,000 Bht per month and the better ones 400,000. This is done with cell phones and bank account transfers by Farangs who don’t want the naughty night life provider to be providing naughty night life and the cash transfers are made to prevent the naughty night life from occurring. The average good looking naughty night life provider

I don't know where you found your knowledge about these figures but to me it sounds unbelievable.

LaoPo

Mark calculates the figures by his own experiences of sending money to Thailand, then assumes everybody else is as stupid as he is. :o

...it is cash flow without raw materials...

With the naughty nightlife the raw materiel is a renewable resource with at least a 20 year lifespan...

A good looking naughty night life provider can easily generate 200,000 Bht per month and the better ones 400,000. This is done with cell phones and bank account transfers by Farangs who don’t want the naughty night life provider to be providing naughty night life and the cash transfers are made to prevent the naughty night life from occurring. The average good looking naughty night life provider has 5 to 10 of these Farangs making contributions....

Yeah,

they are ploughing a very small field... we would call this: Extensive agriculture :o

The average dancer makes about 10,000 Bht per month and the Beer Bar girls about 4000 Bht per month. Feature dancers 15,000 to 20,000 per month. These amounts are separate from bar fines, drink commissions and tips.

The monthly estimated earnings that you state are quite accurate.

Close the go-go bars and the sex punter would save a lot of his money that he normally spends on bar fines and exuberant next morning taxi fares.

The show girl dancers would soon lose their star quality pretentiousness if they were then forced to ply their trade in the beer bars, or worse still, on the streets.

Take away their high heeled boots, thick eye make up, sequined G strings, (not that they wear them too much) chrome pole and loud music, and what do you have? An average looking Thai girl who would have a lot of trouble earning enough money to pay the rent.

....and as for their dancing/showtime abilities.....their Philippino counterparts leave them for dead.

Whilst sex punters, possessing an oversupply of out-of-control-hormones, continue to flood into the go-go-bars, these dancers will continue to milk as much as they can out of the system.

Good luck to 'em. :o

A lot of people think the naughty night life is a low paying business. That is not the case. A good looking naughty night life provider can easily generate 200,000 Bht per month and the better ones 400,000. This is done with cell phones and bank account transfers by Farangs who don’t want the naughty night life provider to be providing naughty night life and the cash transfers are made to prevent the naughty night life from occurring. The average good looking naughty night life provider

I don't know where you found your knowledge about these figures but to me it sounds unbelievable.

LaoPo

Mark calculates the figures by his own experiences of sending money to Thailand, then assumes everybody else is as stupid as he is. :o

I certainly would not want to characterize myself as bright. I have spent most of my life with people much brighter than I. I would probably have sent money to Thailand except for Mae. Mae is a friend of the family and a charming 40 year old Thai woman. She has had every plastic surgery known to man and they all seemed to work quite well and she looks much younger than her 40 years. She is not from Issan and is tall with a light complexion. Mae is a lot of fun to be with. She has three homes and two cars and a chopper. She has purchased her parents a lovely home also and is putting her brother through college. Mae gets married at least twice a year. Her passport is quite well worn with destinations all around the world. I occasionally translate for Mae although her English both written and spoken is quite good. To gain wisdom some people check into a Wat for me it was translating financial documents for Mae. It was truly a life changing experience.

A more thought-provoking question would be 'would you still visit if Thai women showed absolutely no interest in western blokes whatsoever?' :o:D:D

That would be the best question. :D

Maybe a new Poll ?

It would be nice if someone answered honestly! :D

Sometimes I get tired of the heat and the greasy food. Sometimes I get tired of the traffic and the burning of the fields that causes that awful air quality.

Sometimes I get tired of the communication problems and a hundred other things.

When that happens I simply seat myself at a sidewalk café and watch the Uni girls ride past on their motor bikes or chat with the ladies at the laundry or in the grocery store.

Their happiness and general disposition and willingness to talk to me or maybe share a lunch or cup of tea rejuvenates my spirit and lightens my load.

Other people may chant or meditate or medicate. For me Thai women fill that need. Without them, I’m out of here in a heartbeat.

Would not stop me coming to Thailand...... Never have been that interested in the Naughty nightlife scene and quite frankly the sex tourists are missing the best parts of thailand.

Having said that I know a number of working girls and none of them are badly off. They all make in excess of 50,000 bht per month and about 50% more than 100,000. I suspect if it were stopped ( although that is an impossibility) then the thai economy would probably collapse overnight. The amount of the population that relies of it directly or indirectly especially in the cities is huge.

Look at it like a pyramid with the girl on top. it filters down all the way through food stalls, market holders, taxis, airlines, entertainment businesses, car dealers, shopping centres, education centres, Farms, property and lastly family.

Don't underestimate the amount of money involved, it is far higher than most care to realise or even admit.

They say in the UK small business is the backbone of the economy. I believe it's a similar thing in thailand. Substitute naughty nightlife as the small business.

Well lets see,

Great food, clean beaches, friendly people, low cost of living, fairly safe,

and where else can I get a Rolex for 200b ... how they can sell them so cheap is beyond me, :o:D

I saw a guy wearing a Rolex having a swim in pristine Pattaya Bay.

Was that you?

Yes, but only because I had to pee, :D:D

When I first read the title of this thread " Will you still visit Thailand if .... "

I guessed all the answers would be " yes , it does not affect me at all "

I was right . :o

haha.I was thinking the same thing Jeff.

Obviously the sex tourists don't use Internet forums, yea right.

Yeah , just not this forum :D

I'll be logging out then. :D

I certainly would not want to characterize myself as bright. I have spent most of my life with people much brighter than I. I would probably have sent money to Thailand except for Mae. Mae is a friend of the family and a charming 40 year old Thai woman.

She has had every plastic surgery known to man and they all seemed to work quite well and she looks much younger than her 40 years.

She is not from Issan and is tall with a light complexion. Mae is a lot of fun to be with.

She has three homes and two cars and a chopper.

She has purchased her parents a lovely home also and is putting her brother through college.

Mae gets married at least twice a year.

Her passport is quite well worn with destinations all around the world. I occasionally translate for Mae although her English both written and spoken is quite good. To gain wisdom some people check into a Wat for me it was translating financial documents for Mae. It was truly a life changing experience.

:D I'm sure she is quite charming...when she marries at least twice a year :D

In Europe we call a Lady like that a 'GOLD DIGGER" :o but: good for her...stupid of the Farang men.

LaoPo

some of these figures quoted are ridiculous. most bar girls dont earn anywhere near 50,000 baht a month. i would say, on average, if they make 15,000 they have had a good month.

dunno, in many cases, you never know how much the unaware/stupid/blind/mental teeruuuuk(s) are sending them on top of the night-to-night earnings!!! :o

Edited by game4shame

Hi,

Here are a few of my reasons to come here.

I am single, play golf, like the food, the Thai people are great,I don't have to arrange golf times and I don't have to sit with people who are on family holidays (not that I have anything against them).

I can book the flight, hotel golf on the internet,easy and quick.most people I meet at golf have a similar outlook.

Xmas 2004 I spent with my son in Eygpt playing golf, cost 1200uk each, plus 50uk each per round.Tee times 7,00 morning or 15,00afternoons .Evgs were terrible.

Here a round of golf plus caddy and buggy cost 2500Baht, into one of the societies and everything is arranged for you, partner,transport,tee times.

The evgs you can do what you want, it like a TV don't complain about whats on switch it off if you don't like it.

The golf courses will be here after Pattaya evolves to a family destination, and it will evolve, it has to.

PS; I sit with some of these girls and the smart ones are racking it in, 300euro per month from each sweet heart , please help my family ect,

good luck to them, would you do it for their money?

I certainly would not want to characterize myself as bright. I have spent most of my life with people much brighter than I. I would probably have sent money to Thailand except for Mae. Mae is a friend of the family and a charming 40 year old Thai woman.

She has had every plastic surgery known to man and they all seemed to work quite well and she looks much younger than her 40 years.

She is not from Issan and is tall with a light complexion. Mae is a lot of fun to be with.

She has three homes and two cars and a chopper.

She has purchased her parents a lovely home also and is putting her brother through college.

Mae gets married at least twice a year.

Her passport is quite well worn with destinations all around the world. I occasionally translate for Mae although her English both written and spoken is quite good. To gain wisdom some people check into a Wat for me it was translating financial documents for Mae. It was truly a life changing experience.

:D I'm sure she is quite charming...when she marries at least twice a year :D

In Europe we call a Lady like that a 'GOLD DIGGER" :o but: good for her...stupid of the Farang men.

LaoPo

That is NONSENSE!

Who would believe she's digging gold for a living......because her hands are sooooo smooooth! :D

• 3 years later...

as long as the likes of bars like sheannigans and molly malones stay ill be ok, i have never been to a beer bar or go-go bar and i dont intend to so wether they are there or not it means little to me. but there would be a sinister knock on effect if these bars were to be eradicated many of the poor bar workers would probably be forced out on to the streets were they would be the subject of pimps and gangs. cinemas and bowling alleys in and around the likes of pattaya area would see a drastic reduction in numbers and would be forced to close.

They can see that selling their bodies to men, brings money in the drawyer for the family abroad , so the keep doing it. Also I think the Thai's attitude, doesn't bring them further in quick development of the country. That's why the principle still remains the same.

I would still stay in Thailand and if the government shut 50% of the bars in Pattaya,there would still be plenty for families and expats/tourists.The problem is that the government cannot do this as many thais would have no business and no money.

as long as the likes of bars like sheannigans and molly malones stay ill be ok, i have never been to a beer bar or go-go bar and i dont intend to so wether they are there or not it means little to me. but there would be a sinister knock on effect if these bars were to be eradicated many of the poor bar workers would probably be forced out on to the streets were they would be the subject of pimps and gangs. cinemas and bowling alleys in and around the likes of pattaya area would see a drastic reduction in numbers and would be forced to close.

If Thailand was full of Shenanigans and Molly Malones type bars that are the most sterile as <deleted> no fun places in Thailand i can assure i would never come to this place, id stay at home as this is what England is full of now. No matter what food you order from the menu in these places it all tastes the same you should try it!

Lower Sukhumvit used to have tons of character 6-10 years ago when there were lots of little shack type bars now its all apartments and so called Fun Pubs and its not half the fun it once was.

To answer the question about if id come here without the girls, well i first came here 10 yrs ago on a round the world ticket as a 24yo and had no need whatsoever to get involved in that scene though i did go to Patpong as all tourists do, then after coming here a few times got into the bargirl scene, now im a seasoned traveller here i really cant be bothered with Isaan hookers or BKK freelancers, so the answer for me is yes.

Though im not really sure why i do come here, as i rarely drink nowadays and dont really have much to do with Thai women.

Edited by ilovefashionTV

Let us face the facts, if it's cheap naughty nightlife you after these days - you oughn't even go to Thailand - Cambodia is the best place in the region for that!

I think i have read other readers here at TV recommending a trip across the border to escape the clutches of the wife at bargain rates!

Thailand has changed a lot and most of the tourists who come here these days are after a lot of things besides just its naughty nitelife. As Mr Burns mentioned earlier, there is a rampant sex trade in all the neighbouring countries, no need to just go to Thailand anymore.....if thats the kind thing you are after......

I originally came to Thailand as a backpacker and then as a student. I came here as i loved the country and I hardly ever visited any bar. It wouldn't make much difference to me.

What you people need to realize is that thai hookers may not be the cheapest, but they are the best, you can actually have fun with them.

I doubt cambo girls are fun as many are in it who dont want to be in it.

THAI GIRLS TAKE PRIDE IN BEING THE GREATEST!