1M In Thai Bank, How Much Would I Lose To Withdraw It To Uk

i have 1 mill in thai bank, it was put in there when the baht rate was around 54 to the gbp. i think today it is floating around 43 ? if i took it out now and sent it back to uk via TT how much would i win or lose on the transfer.

im crap at maths and things of this nature so please forgive me for asking. also is it better to use paypal as i have a PP account , my money is with kasikorn, if i were to use PAYPAL would it simply be a matter of withdrawing funds and inserting my kasikorn bank account number ?

thankyou.

I don't think you can do it via PayPal.

To transfer more than 20,000us you will need the bank of thailands consent to transfer.

If this is ok for you to get no issues.

Otherwise just transfer 600,000btbper time for example and no consent is needed although you'll have multiple transfer fees until all has been transferred.

I recently (last week) returned $AUD, from a Kasikorn account, to the same account that transferred the funds to Thailand (last year).

Even though the KBank passport has a ......TRR (or somesuch) code appended to IMTs,

I was asked to provide a receipt from the bank of origin.

Fortunately I had saved this (electronically), but it was not dated - a source of further hassle.

The funds were converted to $AUD before being transferred,

I think about 0.5% of the total amount thereby disappeared into KBank.

Three fees were imposed, 800 + 400 + 100 = 1,300B.

I got the impression that the transfer would not have been approved without the (dodgy) receipt.

Good luck, AA

what have you been waiting for last week you could have bought a gbp.for less than 45 today its over 46,so minus trans.fees you should come out about £3,100 to the good.did you originally trans.this money from the uk.if so you should have got a certificate to say so then you wont have a problem this end taking it out of thailand.

Divide 1 million by the rate to buy GPB Eg. 1 000 000 / 45= There is your answer less any transfer fees etc.

So taking it one step further = £22,222.22 before fees if the rate for selling baht is 45 baht to the pound.

Edited by Suradit69