Passenger Bus Collides With Torched Tanker In Southern Afghanistan

News_Editor

Passenger Bus Collides With Torched Tanker In Southern Afghanistan

KANDAHAR, AFGHANISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- At least 30 people were killed after a devastating traffic accident in southern Afghanistan, local authorities said Friday.

The incident occurred early Friday morning at around 3 a.m. local time when a passenger bus crashed with a torched tanker in the district of Maiwand in Afghanistan's Kandahar Province.

Spokesperson for the Provincial Governor, Jawid Faisa, confirmed the report, adding that 30 people had been killed while 10 others were injured, according to Khaama Press.

However, a higher death toll was established by the Deputy Provincial Governor Abdul Muqeem Patiar, saying that at least 45 were killed, while three of the ten injured were reported in critical condition.

Patiar also blamed the accident on members of the Taliban, as the the passenger bus lost control and crashed into a burnt tanker that had been torched by militants.

(Copyright 2013 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: [email protected].)

Man, as if things aren't bad enuff in that sad part of the world.

Reminds me of once, when I was driving solo in Central Mexico. I came upon a bridge where a gas tanker truck must have just blown up. Eerie. Everything for hundreds of yards radius was scorched and brown, including a few cars. brush fires still burning in the distance.