One For Fans Of Vegetarian Food

femi fan

My gal and I went again yesterday, the first time we went was at 18:20, ten mins. before they close*, and it's quite a distance from our normal stomping grounds. Never mind, it was absolutely worth the driving to get there. From the 40 degree blinding solar apocalypse of the parking lot, we were astonished to wind up in this lovely, air-conditioned (perfectly so) dining room. The place is tidy and cute, the furnishings lovely, and the menu is vast. Unlike some vegetarian restaurants, which are mostly trying to mimic normal meat / fat-laden foods, this place actually serves all the wonders of the plant kingdom and doesn't ruin their healthy loveliness with a lot of bad sauces, oils, or processed mock-meats. We had some brown rice pasta and two salads that were excellent. No shortcuts were taken on the food - they used grade-A ingredients, and were very generous with their variety. Another huge plus - they bring water (without being asked) in a small glass pitcher with ice. How many places in this city do that?

The chef is a little Thai tornado of pride and beaming motherly exuberance, which is only a good sign. She sat with us and explained all the neat and clever things she was doing to keep prices down and the food great (like making her own dressings from scratch). I've heard that an Indian saying is: only eat food cooked by a happy person. If that's the directive, this place delivers.

Will try and post some decent pictures next time we go.

*We have spent years scratching our heads as to why so many restaurants (not cafes nor breakfast-y places) open at 8:00 and close early. Who wants to eat chicken curry at 8am? Why bother? But, I suppose if you're following the rhythms of normal life here, it means sunrise-to-sunset for work activity.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a new food court open at plaza 89 in Nong Hoi which has a lovely organic vegetarian place inside. They serve some delicious thai fusion style food ,with lots of flavour and welll presented too. They have nice hydroponic salads on the menu. Also they serve Tempeh which is unusual for Thailand. Prices are good and it has A/C inside.

https://www.facebook.com/plaza89organicfood?ref=hl

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. I shall be in attendance!

Highly recommended that you should try out a new vegie place at a food square in plaza 89 Nong Hoi. They have a super nice organic vegetarian place inside which offers delightful Thai food and hydroponic salads. They are even serving out Tempeh which i have to say was simply amazing. I also had a flavorsome spaghetti dish which had so much taste. Open everyday until 8.pm

They also have a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/plaza89organicfood

post-160376-0-49704900-1376989723_thumb.

post-160376-0-67314600-1376989745_thumb.