Is Thailands Poverty Good For Us, The Farang?

kkf123

many of use like thailand because we can life a better life style here then we can back in our home countries. because thailand is a poor nation, it is easy to have a hot girl friend half your age. without poverty this does not exist.

so is thailand's poverty a good thing for us?

Yes.

i think if you put your question before your statement you have answered your own question already :D

Poverty isnt everywhere in Thailand or even asia. But if you can have a better, cheaper life then why not! :o

Edited by tyler2uk

many of use like thailand because we can life a better life style here then we can back in our home countries. because thailand is a poor nation, it is easy to have a hot girl friend half your age. without poverty this does not exist.

Why do you assume that because Thailand is (relatively) poor it is easy to have a hot girlfriend half your age.

Why not try India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, half the countries in Africa who are also poverty stricken.

Many of us here on the forum are happily married with children and don't actually have hot girlfriend half our age.

When I first met my wife 13 years ago she certainly was half my age, not hot but beautiful an d she still is in my eyes, but now we have grown together oner the years ans our son is 19 months old and I am 62 in May.

the comparison can be made to any poverty stricken country.

the interesting thing, is that many Farangs are anti-Toxin cheating Thailand, when infact, they outta be happy that he is doing such a deed. Him cheating Thailand is good for us. It is what makes up happy. Right?

I moved here in my late 30's (ok 39.5 years old -- and I'll be 42 in May) I'll start working again during this year at some point. Is Thailand good for that? Probably not. Working here I will make about 25% of what I was paid in the USA. So I take some losses on the income scale living here.

OK ... it may seem odd to some people ... but you don't HAVE to hook up with someone with less income than you in Thailand. There ARE women (or men ... whatever floats your boat) with GOOD incomes here. That come from families that have the things that folks "back home" would have.

Granted I won't have to work for long ... but be realistic ... if it weren't for some wise choices and hard work back in the US I'd never be able to do this.

The poster above was already retirement age ... am guessing "not wealthy". ((I am not being disparaging ... just a guess)) The reason I guess this is that a 50 year old can find a HOT woman anywhere ... if he's got something to trade for it in the initial interest phase. I don't even mean Donald Trump rich. I mean ... has a 75,000 USD income and not so debt ridden that they can't pay for stuff :-)

So all in all ... I'd say the answer is "Yes to retirees ... maybe yes to ex-pats on a foriegn budget ... and not really to guys like me .... That is IF you are looking at $$ etc. For me Thailand is not about poverty ... hel_l Laos or Cambodia would be more attractive on those levels.

My hot girl friend is actually older than me and with the land, house and car in her name I'm not sure if we've worked out the poverty thing alright :o

What are you telling us OP.

You moved to Thailand because you are a low income guy back home and because you can get a girlfriend in Thailand?

Perhaps Thailand is good for you.

But are you good for Thailand?

It does expose one problem that may arise in the future. If Thailand's economic growth outpaces the west, and prices and the value of the baht were to rise, will it impoverish those who are living off a small pension from back home who, up to know, have been able to live a better lifestyle in Thailand?

cv

I am just going to sit and wait until some other intelligent posters see your post KKF123. I am gob smacked. And just for the record, Thailand is not really a poverty stricken country. No one here goes hungry. No one.

I only had to read the post title and I knew this guy would be in for a rough time!! :o

It does expose one problem that may arise in the future. If Thailand's economic growth outpaces the west, and prices and the value of the baht were to rise, will it impoverish those who are living off a small pension from back home who, up to know, have been able to live a better lifestyle in Thailand?

cv

I would imagine many of us poor farangs would be willing to become just a "tee rak" to many rich thai ladies....to escape our improvised life even without the benefit of married!....in order to still live in thailand :D

Now let's see how good we "farangs" are on the go-go stage with that elusive object of desire under the g-string! ......man oh man not to mention our impeccable customer service skills :o:D

Edited by BKK90210

cv

I would imagine many of us poor farangs would be willing to become just a "tee rak" to many rich thai ladies....to escape our improvised life even without the benefit of married!....in order to still live in thailand :D

Now let's see how good we "farangs" are on the go-go stage with that elusive g-string! :D:D

Elusive g'string?.... HECK ......I can't see the darn thing anyhow no matter how hard I try to look :o (for the string that is :D ); espcially on the oversized Michiganian ladies, its nearly impossible to see anything but a patch of cloth :D ..noooo string in site....

The hot lady’s angle is pretty pathetic,

Living in Thailand is also a trade off, yes things are cheaper but there is also a total lack of Museums, Librarys,Theaters and services that I take for granted back home.

So is it really worth it, you will never receive equel treatment here.At the end of the day you get what you payed for.

I moved here in my late 30's (ok 39.5 years old -- and I'll be 42 in May) I'll start working again during this year at some point. Is Thailand good for that? Probably not. Working here I will make about 25% of what I was paid in the USA. So I take some losses on the income scale living here.

OK ... it may seem odd to some people ... but you don't HAVE to hook up with someone with less income than you in Thailand. There ARE women (or men ... whatever floats your boat) with GOOD incomes here. That come from families that have the things that folks "back home" would have.

Granted I won't have to work for long ... but be realistic ... if it weren't for some wise choices and hard work back in the US I'd never be able to do this.

The poster above was already retirement age ... am guessing "not wealthy". ((I am not being disparaging ... just a guess)) The reason I guess this is that a 50 year old can find a HOT woman anywhere ... if he's got something to trade for it in the initial interest phase. I don't even mean Donald Trump rich. I mean ... has a 75,000 USD income and not so debt ridden that they can't pay for stuff :-)

So all in all ... I'd say the answer is "Yes to retirees ... maybe yes to ex-pats on a foriegn budget ... and not really to guys like me .... That is IF you are looking at $$ etc. For me Thailand is not about poverty ... hel_l Laos or Cambodia would be more attractive on those levels.

Actually wrong guess.

I am semi retired and I generally make enough in 6 months to buy land, extend the house etc, put money in my wifes account and not work the other 6 months.

I am just going to sit and wait until some other intelligent posters see your post KKF123. I am gob smacked. And just for the record, Thailand is not really a poverty stricken country. No one here goes hungry. No one.

Rubbish. There are more than a few people in Thailand who go to bed hungry. There are children who go to school without shoes, and elderly people who can't even afford a blanket to keep them warm at night. What Thailand do you live in???

I'm always surprised to see people who supposedly live here be so pathetically ignorant of the Thai life style. I live in a poor region of Thailand. The people here had no idea they were poor until they got televisions. I know of no one here who is hungry or cold at night. There may be very little money here but the barter system is alive and well. My wife raises only a very few different kinds of vegetables but other people do the same. They all raise something different and barter. No money is exchanged. People here are far more generous than I am and sometimes I am ashamed of myself for sometimes being frugal.

Unfortunately things are changing and people are becoming more materialistic. I no longer see buffalo working in the fields and they no longer thresh rice by hand. Is that good or bad? I really don't know but the old ways are slowly but surely coming to an end. It's very possible we could see hunger in the future because of materialism but NOT yet.

Buffalo are still used to plough the fields in our village and some people do go to bed cold and hungry. Worse still, many forego basic medical treatment for illnesses which then become life-threatening. They know they are poor.

Many families send their daughters to the cities to prostitute themselves to help the families - and, all too frequently, this ends in disaster.

Things have improved in recent years - there is now a road and electricity but my wife lost two brothers who starved to death after her father was murdered and the neighbours stole their rice many years ago. Many Thais have such scars from the past.

I don't see that anyone benefits from this state of affairs - apart from a few sick people who will exploit the situation.