The Mentally Ill

VintageTQ

I've found it to be a case of entertaining the general public here more than anything.

"Come see the animals in the zoo"

I've been to such places where you can "feed the patients"

I found it quite disgusting but it appears its the best way to get funding in as people visiting often bring food/ money/clothes etc etc

Sorry, but I frankly do not believe you.

Here's the info off my Wife where you can go and feed the inmates, go there for yourself and really see what its like.

ติดต่อ

สมาคมคนพิการแห่งประเทศไทย

73/7-8 ซอยติวานนท์ 8 ถนนติวานนท์ ตำบลตลาดขวัญ

อำเภอเมือง จังหวัดนนทบุรี 11000

โทรศัพท์ 0-2951-0445 , 0-2951-0447 ,

0-2951-0569 , 0-2951-0455 , 0-29510337 แฟ๊กซ์ 0-2951-0567

what is it like ?

Suggest you go back to page one or is this a joke?

This has got to be a joke, have you seen the amount of nutters on the streets in Australia.

I see very few in Thailand in comparison.

I agree. If you go to almost any big city in the US,

you will find quite a few homeless folks wandering around. A good

number of them have mental issues and the psychiatric industry simply

doesn't have the means to deal with them. No easy answer. By

comparison, Thailand has relatively few. I think the family structure

here will pretty much look after their own, but some do fall through the

cracks.

I've found it to be a case of entertaining the general public here more than anything.

I found it quite disgusting but it appears its the best way to get funding in as people visiting often bring food/ money/clothes etc etc

Here's the info off my Wife where you can go and feed the inmates, go there for yourself and really see what its like.

ติดต่อ

I suggest you go back to school and learn to translate what you write. That is in no way a Psychiatric hospital and is not at all what is being discussed.

For your information I am attaching the google translate here:

Association of the Physically Handicapped of Thailand
73/7-8 Soi 8 Tivanon Privacy Taladkhwan.
Muang, Nonthaburi 11000.
Tel: 0-2951-0445, 0-2951-0447,.
0-2951-0569, 0-2951-0455, 0-29510337 fax 0-2951-0567.
The OP was nothing about non government organizations. The thai Psychiatric hospital situation is amazingly good.
Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

ติดต่อ

I suggest you go back to school and learn to translate what you write. That is in no way a Psychiatric hospital and is not at all what is being discussed.

Muang, Nonthaburi 11000.
The OP was nothing about non government organizations. The thai Psychiatric hospital situation is amazingly good.

Thank you Harry for those kind wordswhistling.gif , I believe the topic reads "The mentally Ill" and then goes on to ask what happens to these people?? or maybe I misread and it says "how are Thai psychiatric hospitals" which I don't think it does???

It then goes on to ask "are these people abandoned" I'd say some of them are especially when they have no family or the family just don't bother.

If you had ever been to the place I mention you would see its full of mentally ill people or are we separating mentally handicapped and mentally Ill? Despite it saying Physically Handicapped, they had arms and legs although some were bed ridden but in a vegetative state others weren't, they were seriously mentally handicapped for numerous reasons , many i would think from birth and road accidents we were told.

There was a discussion on if or how the state takes care of these "mentally Ill" and I pointed out this place has almost zero funding from the govt despite asking for help, so i would suggest to you that the govt is not doing enough for these mentally ill LONG term patients, not the ones who need anti depressants for a few years.

Mentally Ill or mentally handicapped? Either way this place was like a zoo.

My govt defines mentally ill and mental disability like this.

A mental health condition is considered a disability if it has a long-term effect on your normal day-to-day activity. This is defined under the Equality Act 2010

Your condition is ‘long term’ if it lasts, or is likely to last, 12 months..

ติดต่อ

Muang, Nonthaburi 11000.

Thank you Harry for those kind wordswhistling.gif , I believe the topic reads "The mentally Ill" and then goes on to ask what happens to these people?? or maybe I misread and it says "how are Thai psychiatric hospitals" which I don't think it does???

It then goes on to ask "are these people abandoned" I'd say some of them are especially when they have no family or the family just don't bother.

If you had ever been to the place I mention you would see its full of mentally ill people or are we separating mentally handicapped and mentally Ill? Despite it saying Physically Handicapped, they had arms and legs although some were bed ridden but in a vegetative state others weren't, they were seriously mentally handicapped for numerous reasons , many i would think from birth and road accidents we were told.

There was a discussion on if or how the state takes care of these "mentally Ill" and I pointed out this place has almost zero funding from the govt despite asking for help, so i would suggest to you that the govt is not doing enough for these mentally ill LONG term patients, not the ones who need anti depressants for a few years.

A mental health condition is considered a disability if it has a long-term effect on your normal day-to-day activity. This is defined under the Equality Act 2010

Mentally ill and Physically Handicapped are 2 different species.

ติดต่อ

Muang, Nonthaburi 11000.

No they are all human....something that many people forget when it comes to the Mentally Ill

Edited by harrry

Muang, Nonthaburi 11000.

No they are all human....something that many people forget when it comes to the Mentally Ill

Its all in their head.