Pheu Thai Spokesman Denies Rift Over Constitutional Court Boycott

webfact

Pheu Thai spokesman denies rift over Constitutional Court boycott
The Nation

30204999-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit yesterday denied that 20 party MPs are planning not to join the party's boycott of the Constitutional Court's hearings into the charter-amendment bills.

"Some MPs want to submit their testimony on a personal basis because they are not sure and worried about the [party's] open letter. If they are enlightened, they will toe the party line,'' he said.

The party plans to hold a meeting tomorrow to make its MPs understand the gist of the party's open letter outlining its refusal to accept the Constitutional Court's authority and why the court should not take up the case on the revision of Article 68.

The 12-page open letter would be completed and submitted to the court early next month.

The party had resolved to resort to civil disobedience

by not giving statements to the Constitutional Court in protest against the justices' decision to rule on the dispute over the amendment of Article 68, as the party believes the court would be interfering in the work of the legislative branch, transgressing the democratic principle of the separation of powers.

Prompong also dismissed reports that ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra had summoned House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranont to Dubai to rebuke him over his plan to give court testimony.

Democrat party-list MP Ongart Klampaiboon criticised Prime Yingluck Shinawatra for making an inappropriate comment in support of the red shirts who are campaigning to unseat the Constitutional Court justices.

The drafters of the 2007 Constitution issued a statement supporting the Constitutional Court justices.

Pressure for their removal has been mounting both from the red shirts rallying outside the courthouse and MPs and senators preparing to file impeachment motions.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-04-29

Democrat party-list MP Ongart Klampaiboon criticised Prime Yingluck Shinawatra for making an inappropriate comment in support of the red shirts who are campaigning to unseat the Constitutional Court justices.

She is only following instructions from big brother.

• Like 1

The government is encouraging civil disobedience. I mean honestly? Really?

This statement shows the maturity of our MPs when they don't get their way - They have a tantrum Thailand is fast becoming a country ruled by brats.

• Like 2

If they are enlightened, they will toe the party line,'' he said

No doubt enlightenment will come when they realize that Thaksin will withhold their allowances if they don't do what they are told.

No room for independent thought here. Thaksin thinks.........................................

• Like 1

Ah, there you have it..... the road to enlightenment, PTP style.

Yes, it seems the religion of Thaksin has replaced Buddhism as the way to Nirvana

Thaksin a god?

And I thought he just wanted to be President!

Maybe he can handle multi-tasking, yes of course he can

• Like 1

Are there any elected PT MP's, that is the ones who had their names on ballot papers, who get to say anything.

Or is it only list MP's and ring ins who make all the statements, get all the publicity?

Oh yes big sister is there now and she was elected so possibly she will be the first with any say. (how long before she is a deputy PM)

The others will just have to shut up, do as they are told, be there when needed to vote and put up posters in their electorate.

Meanwhile: We have a government that advocates civil disobedience.

In my understanding that means breaking the law, so here we have the law makers of the country, those who are supposed to be intelligent, trustworthy pillars of society telling people to break the law.

• Like 1

So the PT mouth denies rift over constitutional court. OK, so why are the PT controlled red shirts demonstrating, if it not on the orders of the ruling party? If any body tried to stop the red shirt demonstrations, than the TOMATOES would come in to support the demonstrators. If that the black shirt will come. ph34r.pngph34r.png

So the PT mouth denies rift over constitutional court. OK, so why are the PT controlled red shirts demonstrating, if it not on the orders of the ruling party? If any body tried to stop the red shirt demonstrations, than the TOMATOES would come in to support the demonstrators. If that the black shirt will come. ph34r.pngph34r.png

There is no rift. They are all backing the protests and the threats to the judges.

When I camer to this line I just about threw up

"If they are enlightened, they will toe the party line,'' he said."

that is Thaksin talk for if you don't do as I say your political life is over.

They then go on to say

"The 12-page open letter would be completed and submitted to the court early next month.

The party had resolved to resort to civil disobedience
by not giving statements to the Constitutional Court in protest against
the justices' decision to rule on the dispute over the amendment of
Article 68, as the party believes the court would be interfering in the
work of the legislative branch, transgressing the democratic principle
of the separation of powers."

If what they are proposing in the constitutional change is not harmful to Thailand and it is helpful to Thailand what is their problem with letting it go to the dully appointed body to make those judgements.

Does any one see a wish to be helpful to Thailand in any of there plans.

Time for another coup?

I hope not mate for if there were it would not be peaceful like the last one for now Thaksin is in a position to mobilise his red and black forces and they would be well armed.

They would not be fighting against the army but against any soft target they could find and it would make the situation in the south look like a school party.

The red shirt sheeple would be out yelling and screaming and behind them would be small cells with bombs and bullets attacking everything.

The killer squads would have nothing to identify then, no red or black dress and they would work like the men in black did, a quick hit then disappear.

I would imagine farang and the places they congregate would be easy targets so thee and me would have to be out of here double quick.

What Thaksin and PT are doing now will eventually wreck the country but a coup would do the job much quicker.

Don't tempt fate by even writing the word.

• Like 2

All of this because the CC has accepted a petition to stop an amendment to section 68, which determines how to petition the CC.

Well, if the CC can't rule on this one, what's the bloody point of having the court at all? It's a minor amendment & because Thaksin doesn't like it, his party wants to use it's militia & tightly controlled MPs to defang the court by hook or by crook (pun intended).

All of this because the CC has accepted a petition to stop an amendment to section 68, which determines how to petition the CC.

Well, if the CC can't rule on this one, what's the bloody point of having the court at all? It's a minor amendment & because Thaksin doesn't like it, his party wants to use it's militia & tightly controlled MPs to defang the court by hook or by crook (pun intended).

If I understand correctly K K it doesn't even go that far.

I believe the court has accepted a petition to rule on whether amending section 68 is legal.

So if it is legal what has the Govt and their big boss got to worry about?

Let the judges deliberate and if it is legal surely that is the conclusion they will come to, then they can go ahead and do the amendment.

The fact that they are kicking up a stink and don't want the judges to even deliberate on the matter would point to it not being legal.

• Like 1

i hope thaksin very painfully,, the pain he inflicts on the thai nation is amazing,why o why are people so stupid ,cant see the wood for the trees me thinks,keep the peasents uneducated theyl never know ,,,,,,

"Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit yesterday denied that 20 party MPs are planning not to join the party's boycott of the Constitutional Court's hearings into the charter-amendment bills."

Of course not they all universally hate the CC, just ask Thaksin

"The party plans to hold a meeting tomorrow to make its MPs understand the gist of the party's open letter outlining its refusal to accept the Constitutional Court's authority and why the court should not take up the case on the revision of Article 68."

This meeting will give Thaksin the opportunity to explain that a lack in unity may result in a loss of income.

"The party had resolved to resort to civil disobedience."

More justifiable redshirt protesting and threatening of the CC

"as the party believes the court would be interfering in the work of the legislative branch, transgressing the democratic principle of the separation of powers."

Which is totally dissimilar to the political interference of the judicial branch by the PTP, and isn't transgressing the democratic principle of the separation of powers.

Ah the serenity of Redshirt democracy

• Like 1

Are there any elected PT MP's, that is the ones who had their names on ballot papers, who get to say anything.

Or is it only list MP's and ring ins who make all the statements, get all the publicity?

Oh yes big sister is there now and she was elected so possibly she will be the first with any say. (how long before she is a deputy PM)

The others will just have to shut up, do as they are told, be there when needed to vote and put up posters in their electorate.

In my understanding that means breaking the law, so here we have the law makers of the country, those who are supposed to be intelligent, trustworthy pillars of society telling people to break the law.

I think you've sussed it.

The law makers want their laws which everyone else must abide by.

The existing laws are pick and mix. Any you don't like you can ignore and the Thai legal system won't stop you.

TIT

The existing laws are pick and mix. Any you don't like you can ignore and the Thai legal system won't stop you.

TIT

Yingluck is a party list MP too

Ah, there you have it..... the road to enlightenment, PTP style.

Yes, it seems the religion of Thaksin has replaced Buddhism as the way to Nirvana

Thaksin a god?

And I thought he just wanted to be President!

Maybe he can handle multi-tasking, yes of course he can

And his son made a statement '...my father will be the first president of Thailand...'

Another broken promise.

TIT

Yingluck is a party list MP too

PTP party list MPs owe their position to Thaksin, electorate MPs crave PTP nomination and/or his wealth. the latter should be considering their position if the vote-buying case proceeds to conclusion.