Does Anyone Here Have Kids Older Than Their Wife?

klubex99

Something that intrigues me when I am out in public. I can't help noticing farangs whenever they are about, I don't live in BKK or Pattaya, so I don't really get exposed to too many.

What does seem to jump out at me though, is when I see a more mature farang with a young Thai girl/wife (who knows?).. That have mixed race kids in tow.

The thing that always jumps into my mind is 'I wonder if that guy has kids back west that are older than his wife?'

I mean, its not the sort of thing I would ask straight out. I was brought up a bit better than to do that. (even if I know them).

So is there anyone here that this is the case with, or do you know of anyone? If so, has your kids met the wife? and what do they think?? Is it awkward???

Edited by klubex99

Yeah, I appreciate it won't be uncommon. I been here long enough to know that there will be plenty of cases. Would be interesting to here from anyone who does have a wife younger than some of his kids. Just to get an insight.

Personally, although my wife is 17 years younger than me, I was late having my first round of kids. With the oldest being only 14 and my wife being 30, so when they met, it didn't feel that strange for anyone.

I know a seventy year old guy who has a kids older than his MIL, last one an accident so I am told coffee1.gif

Wow, that would be an interesting meeting.

My 1st wife had 3 kids, then met me 15 years after the youngest was born, and then had 3 with me too.

My youngest was an accident also, but not before her oldest has his 1st kid, making my son younger than his nephew by a year.

Edited by klubex99

I know several and met another couple just the other day (Aussie/Thai) - the wife is 31yo and his kids from a former marriage are 32 and 34.

In our case, the only kids either of us have are from own marriage .... and my wife's got greying hair (but don't tell her I said that out loud).

I have a great grand child 32 and I my 2nd wife is only 28. Wake up and enjoy what Thailand has for Farangs

Let us say you had your first child at 18. You were a granddad at 36 and a great granddad at 54. The great grandchild is now 32.

That makes you at the minimum in your mid 80s, early 90s and you have a 28 year old wife.

If she really your wife, social worker or nurse?

And in the bedroom, my question is; how do you manage it? This is more intriguing than wondering if some have children older than they`re wives.

post-110219-0-10523300-1367220397_thumb.

I know a seventy year old guy who has a kids older than his MIL, last one an accident so I am told coffee1.gif

Wow, that would be an interesting meeting.

My 1st wife had 3 kids, then met me 15 years after the youngest was born, and then had 3 with me too.

My youngest was an accident also, but not before her oldest has his 1st kid, making my son younger than his nephew by a year.

I will give the old guy his due, he has set up a business and trained his wife to run it, bought loads of land in a prime location to be given to the kids at 21. But I often wonder if they would just prefer to grow up with a father, but who knows he might live to a 100.

I have a great grand child 32 and I my 2nd wife is only 28. Wake up and enjoy what Thailand has for Farangs

Strange answer from a complete Bull*****r.

Do you think I just stepped off the boat?

Go have another Chang, and don't tell me what to enjoy!

You are hosile person full of anger maybe you should see a Doctor for pills. My like post of truth showed me you are full hate towards someone enjoying life.

If you can enjoy I am sorry for you I offer you my prayers

My OP was actually a civil question with absolutely zero hatred anywhere in it.

At no point does it show any hatred, mocking or even an opinion from me. So I don't know where you get the impression that it is geared up to attack anyone enjoying life in Thailand.

However, your post that you claim is truthful, is trying to tell me that you have a 32 year old great grand child and a wife of 28?

Who are you trying to fool here?

Um....I'm guessing the granddaughter is from a previous marriage (as alluded to in his post), and his current (2nd) wife is Thai and only 28 years old. It's the same as me saying that I have a wife of 26, and have a 24 year old son (which I do), but my son is not the son of my current wife.

I had the opportunity to have younger ladies , even though i never got involved with them. I could never get my head around (one on my shoulders) that they would be younger than my daughter who is 34 years old . I married a lady nearer my age . I never look down or talk about older men with younger wives , as if this brings them happiness that is all that everyone whats isn't it

Exactly my point.

I have nothing against men with much younger wives, mine is 17 years younger.

More power to them.

• Like 1

Im only 10 years older than my wife.

But to answer your Title: Yes of course.

Sorry I can't work this one out? A previous relationship?

I general, Yes of course someone has kids older than their wife in Thailand.

There was someone around my estate back in London that had a daughter that had kids of her own about the same time as the mum herself had another kid

Sounds really chavy but they were actually quite nice so this kid of 4 years old is the uncle of his playmate of 3 or 4 also biggrin.png

There was someone around my estate back in London that had a daughter that had kids of her own about the same time as the mum herself had another kid

Sounds really chavy but they were actually quite nice so this kid of 4 years old is the uncle of his playmate of 3 or 4 also biggrin.png

Yep I can understand that. I was actually an uncle before I was born. My sister (19 at the time) was pregnant at the same time as my mother was pregnant with me. My sister gave birth to my niece 3 weeks before I was born. Mum and Dad had me a little late in life - family legend is that I was the result of one too many pints of bitter after a particularly good result for Sheffield Wednesday back in 1959!

Many older guys if they are fit and healthy would prefer much younger women.

I don`t believe all this facade they put up about morals and concerns that they`re wives maybe younger than their children. I doubt if any would give a rat`s behind what anyone thinks. The truth is that like me, there is a high percentage of older guys who cannot afford to live that sort of lifestyle of having an attractive young rent a wife, a pay as you go.

My first thoughts are if I see an old guy hand in hand with a girl young enough to be his daughter or granddaughter, is not, oh, what a lucky fella, but, I wonder how much she is costing him to maintain? And who is she going to be with next week?

That`s the reality folks.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Yeah my dads wife is younger than me. The bugger divorced my mum, moved to Thailand about 25 years ago and his wife is about 30. I'm 37. Their daughter, my half Thai sister is 6 now and they are a very happy family!...Go dad I say!:D

To answer the question of is it awkward? Not to me. My sister who's 35 doesn't think much of it. Perhaps it's something a male understands a bit better.

It's ok until you start fancying your new step mum.

This could be an issue.

• Like 1

I'm 49, never married, no kids.I used to think it was because I would be a certainty to win a medal in the Olympic Ugly competition but I soon realised I was wrong because everytime I walk down the street all the girls think I'm a hansum man

A very good question from the OP. I know of a couple of friends that have mentioned the thoughts they are having when the time arrives for their children to meet the new missus.

From their experience it seems to be that the sons think 'gooo dad' but the girls are not so happy about it but reluctant to say it to his face. Why worry, as long as you are happy then just go with the flow.

Edited by FDog
  • Like 1

Yes, my daughter from my first marriage is a couple of years older than my wife and my son is one year younger. No problems whatsoever. I took my wife, then my girlfriend, to my daughters wedding and my ex wife and daughter treated her very well and she was included in all the family photos. While I did my father of the bride bit my son and his girlfriend took care of my girlfiied so she would not feel left out. We are all friends including my ex wife and her new husband and in any case it is F.A to do with anybody else how old my new wife is. If anybody has a problem then that really is their problem as it does no bother me. In our UK village where we lived for about 4 years after we got married all the locals accepted her and she was always made to feel most welcome. The only thing they used to say to her was "How the hell can you put up with this guy?" My advice is, live you life, you do what makes you happy, why should you be miserable and live like a monk to keep you children from another marriage happy? If they object perhaps they are more interested in your estate after you are no longer of this world and do not want to share it with your young wife. If that is the case then you should know your answer!

• Like 2

Yeah my dads wife is younger than me. The bugger divorced my mum, moved to Thailand about 25 years ago and his wife is about 30. I'm 37. Their daughter, my half Thai sister is 6 now and they are a very happy family!...Go dad I say!biggrin.png

To answer the question of is it awkward? Not to me. My sister who's 35 doesn't think much of it. Perhaps it's something a male understands a bit better.

It's ok until you start fancying your new step mum.

This could be an issue.

Now that is a great tangent for the thread to take.

How many of you guys looked at your step mom and thought 'hmm, I would'

I am only 6 years younger than MIL, and luckily for me, I am not attracted to her. But that could be because her dad is great, and I respect him so much, and of course I love my wife so much.

Edited by klubex99