American Cheated By Late Thai Wife Of 20 Million Baht Wants His Assets Back

webfact

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's lucky to still be alive himself I would think. Like the old saying goes, never be worth more dead than alive. Although now that he's getting various authorities involved and perhaps threatening the lifestyle certain people are hoping to become accustomed to, he may want to be very careful in the future.

• Like 1

We all make stupid mistakes here in Thailand, some are just more expensive then others.

Most of the time it depends how much money you have when you get here and the more you have the more you loose.

Yes, the block was foolish, we all know that, so where you and me at one time.

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones. Never had any money to loose, so never did loose any, just live a monthly income.

(at least 5000 baht was good spent 402.gif )

“Before I came here, I had 25 million baht for investment in Thailand.With no knowledge of the Thai language, I was at a disadvantage," said Mr Harpel",

Silly man, not much more can be said except I hope he finds a way out.

Lack of common sense and business/accounting skills put him at a bigger disadvantage than lack of Thai language skills IMHO.

How he was able to acquire 25M THB we can only wonder with mouths agape. It must have been an inheritance or some such.

Edited by MaxYakov

How many times have I listened to farangs talk about what a bunch of stupid/dumb/uneducated/numbskulls thai girls are and how the farangs are so smart, educated, business savy superior?

And then how many times do I quietly chuckle when I hear how a 23 y.o. bar girl with a 3rd grade education who dances around a metal pole ends up taking these brilliant educated business savy farangs for big bucks?

So who is the dumb one?

Who is sitting on a gold mine ?? :-)

The marriage business seems to be the start of so many of the scams that leave farang so much worse off.

In the case of this gent he didn't learn from the first time and had to repeat.

I see reading through many topics and posts things like this repeating themselves again and again and marriage always seems to be a common denominator.

Also see gents who have met girls on visits here and come back and visited then 2 or 3 times talking of marriage, these being girls who they have only been with for 2 or 3 weeks on each visit.

They obviously don't really know these girls at all yet are talking of marriage.

Indeed a fool and his money...................................................

• Like 2

Welcome to the club dude, my ex took much more than that and my 3 kids, tried to have me killed 3 times, had me arrested on false charges twice.... this is thailand, a Thai lie is much whiter than any farang truth..

You must be a real lovable kind of guy

Or she must be a really nasty user....

That old chestnut..:-) It never fails to amaze me to read about guys losing fortunes in this time-honoured way.....for a start why would anyone marry a Thai bird?? There are thousands of them here ready to share good times with us without the inconvenience of the bad times or, God forbid, losing a few million.....So why fall in the "I love you long time, let's have babies together" trap??.........Call me old-fashioned but I think I prefer my way:-)

• Like 2

People saying he is lucky to be alive forget it's just as easy for a Farang to have a Thai person killed... money talks.

Without speculating on his wife's death I wonder how many posters would have jumped all over this if it was the other way around.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club dude, my ex took much more than that and my 3 kids, tried to have me killed 3 times, had me arrested on false charges twice.... this is thailand, a Thai lie is much whiter than any farang truth..

I have no idea if things happened as he described. I have no idea what sort of person he is. But one thing I do know: you have absolutely no cause to imply it was due to character flaws he has or actions by him and that's a very ugly comment to make.

There are terrible people everywhere. Sometimes in Thailand (and elsewhere but for specific reasons, it happens a lot here) people make arguably very foolish choices about whom they trust and suffer very serious consequences as a result: anyone who lives here and isn't remarkably ignorant or in complete denial knows this.

• Like 1

How many times have I listened to farangs talk about what a bunch of stupid/dumb/uneducated/numbskulls thai girls are and how the farangs are so smart, educated, business savy superior?

And then how many times do I quietly chuckle when I hear how a 23 y.o. bar girl with a 3rd grade education who dances around a metal pole ends up taking these brilliant educated business savy farangs for big bucks?

So who is the dumb one?

They didn't say what her profession was before marrying him. If she had been a stripper it's doubtful he would have shared his money with her, her previous profession would have offered him a clue. More like she appeared "normal" and prayed to Buddha with her "devout" family and came from a humble village and seemed so wonderful and obsequious, and that is the ensnarement that gets them, not the stripper pole. It's the smiling obsequiousness that gets to them because they can't look behind it and see the dollar signs in their vacant eyes. It's very hard to tell when people seem so nice and normal.

• Like 1

15 million + House + Car - join the club.

Instructions for anyone marrying a thai:

1. Buy can of tar

2. Buy tar brush

3. Apply tar liberally

4. Keep the remainder of the tar for her family

How do people make that kind of money. Are they all trust fund babies they don't have to be to smart. Or are they just that lonely.

Reminds me of a fellow we knew who had lost his house. In court it turned out this was the second time he had done the same thing.

I have no idea if things happened as he described. I have no idea what sort of person he is. But one thing I do know: you have absolutely no cause to imply it was due to character flaws he has or actions by him and that's a very ugly comment to make.

There are terrible people everywhere. Sometimes in Thailand (and elsewhere but for specific reasons, it happens a lot here) people make arguably very foolish choices about whom they trust and suffer very serious consequences as a result: anyone who lives here and isn't remarkably ignorant or in complete denial knows this.

You make a decent point about judgment, but there is one clue as to his personality: the name he gave his business. It has 666 in it, the "Mark of the Beast" from the Bible, the Book of Revelation, and it refers to Satan. Anyone from America who uses that numerical combination is making a statement about himself. Satan is chuckling in delight at the aftermath of having displayed his symbolic number so blatantly and with such arrogant disregard. Not that I follow Satan, but it would be Satanic to destroy anyone trying to arrogantly use the number of the anti-God like that, I guess....it sounds right anyway.

Edited by me313

So who is the dumb one?

Back in the day (circa 25 years ago) I DJed and managed bars and one of the most interesting things about that period was how many times I saw otherwise smart, successful and mature men - I mean senior executives of large intl firms, or owners of large and successful businesses - get their heads completely turned inside out by the sort of young lady you describe. (Some of which ladies were my friends and were sometimes otherwise lovely people).

• Like 1

So who is the dumb one?

He was too trusting, but does that qualify as dumb? And who is the one who is no longer alive? And how did she pass away?

I don't think Thais are more biz savvy if they end up with the most toys when the game is over - I think it's a matter of Thais, in general don't have a problem with lying flat out. Sure farang lie too, but Thais have it down to a cultural imperative. Plus look at their hero, the poster boy of lying. A person who couldn't tell the truth if he tried: The naughty guy in Dubai.

• Like 2

somehow the man sounds completely without any friends....

I have been here over 7 years now and after reading/hearing all the stories about Thai girls ripping off Farangs am not stupid enough to put any assets into a Thai girls name.

However one thing I have come to realise here is that when the shit hits the fan then you haven't really got any friends here that will be willing to back you up if things were to turn violent as not a lot of Farangs want to take on Thais

That old chestnut..:-) It never fails to amaze me to read about guys losing fortunes in this time-honoured way.....for a start why would anyone marry a Thai bird?? There are thousands of them here ready to share good times with us without the inconvenience of the bad times or, God forbid, losing a few million.....So why fall in the "I love you long time, let's have babies together" trap??.........Call me old-fashioned but I think I prefer my way:-)

Okay, I will call you "old fashioned". But what do you mean "my way"? Single and lonely! Married and cheating! Call me ordinary but I find living with a beautiful woman whom I enjoy spending my time with more full filling then a rent a date.

Edited to add - NOT JUDGING - just saying - I am sure renting a woman is very satisfying! Again not judging!

Edited by rct99q
  • Like 1

somehow the man sounds completely without any friends....

....like so many of us that come here...hopeful...never imagining the horrors that await us on our quest for a mate, a partner...

(...and yes, very willing to 'up their lifestyle'...but not at all costs...)

...unfortunately, the mindset is 'one way'....we are foreigners....and honesty and decency are foreign to them...

...take, take, take....

• Like 2

Isn't this a wonderful opportunity for the new 'Tourist Court' to show us how useful it is? Just watch how this new revolutionary legal mechanism swings into action and serves justice in a fair way for all parties involved.

Just you wait and see!!!!!