American Cheated By Late Thai Wife Of 20 Million Baht Wants His Assets Back

webfact

How utterly amazing that out of the 11 pages of comments from all you smart ex pats, you all have decided that Nattiyanee is the guilty party. I know Roger. He was my neighbor for 3 years. Did any of you even think twice about the statement that she died while they were quote "negotiating?"

Earth 666? A euphemism for the devil. Very clever. No one noticed that either. Funny the article doesn't mention his daughter with a bar girl - she must be 18 by now. She is an American by naturalization. The daughter that the article references as 11 must be his biological daughter Sara with Nattiyanee - she was 6 or 7 when I lived near him. God help her if he should get custody. I do not remember her being a naturalized United States Citizen. So one article gets printed all around Thailand based on what Roger told a reporter and you all take it as gospel.

By the way, if a mod wants proof of what I am saying, I can prove it beyond a doubt.

Nattiyanee was a good mother who tried to protect her children and to also protect Roger's oldest daughter who was not her daughter. She's dead and cannot defend these accusations and all the barbs thrown by you well meaning expats.

You all should think before you write nonsense. What if you are all wrong?

Edited by metisdead
Oversized font reset to default forum font: Arial size 14.
  • Like 1

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a bloody fool! Some people deserve, what they get! First cheated by the wife and then leave it to MIL to sell the remaining assets. And share with him.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Would you care to elaborate as to why you feel he got what he deserved? Do you really know enough about this man to make an informed opinion of him as a person or are you just an ignorant buffoon who thinks it's clever to kick a man when he's down?

Can't see that's much different than all the people on TV who know nothing about the Thai women who marry farang but always blame them without any proof for murders and theft of assets. Any time anything happens to a farang, no matter the evidence or lack thereof, a Thai is to blame in the TV kangaroo court. So I guess it can work both ways ... "or are you just an ignorant buffoon" should be asked whenever that happens too.

Oh shut up. For every one farang criminal in Thailand, there are 10,000 Thai crooks. Wake up you deluded, flower-power fruit. It's THAILAND. Are you really going to try to assert that it would unwise to assume that a criminal in Thailand is of Thai nationality? Would you apply the same logic elsewhere (i.e. if someone is shot in the US, we best assume a foreign national was the shooter to be fair to Americans?!). Thanks for flat-out the dumbest post I've read in few months. Cheers, mate!

Could not have said it better myself!!

• Like 1

How utterly amazing that out of the 11 pages of comments from all you smart ex pats, you all have decided that Nattiyanee is the guilty party. I know Roger. He was my neighbor for 3 years. Did any of you even think twice about the statement that she died while they were quote "negotiating?"

Earth 666? A euphemism for the devil. Very clever. No one noticed that either. Funny the article doesn't mention his daughter with a bar girl - she must be 18 by now. She is an American by naturalization. The daughter that the article references as 11 must be his biological daughter Sara with Nattiyanee - she was 6 or 7 when I lived near him. God help her if he should get custody. I do not remember her being a naturalized United States Citizen. So one article gets printed all around Thailand based on what Roger told a reporter and you all take it as gospel.

By the way, if a mod wants proof of what I am saying, I can prove it beyond a doubt.

Nattiyanee was a good mother who tried to protect her children and to also protect Roger's oldest daughter who was not her daughter. She's dead and cannot defend these accusations and all the barbs thrown by you well meaning expats.

It what your saying, is what I think your saying...then you dont need to prove anything to a mod....you need to be talking to the police...seeing as you have proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

How utterly amazing that out of the 11 pages of comments from all you smart ex pats, you all have decided that Nattiyanee is the guilty party...

Cool down. Not everyone decided that and not everyone believed his version. Some decided Roger was to blame. And a few quickly mentioned that the woman had died and that there might be something to that.

And at least one person - yours truly - expressed no opinion either way on Nattiyanee or Roger, due to a lack of facts or the familiarity with them that you apparently have.

I have no problem believing your version may be true, by the way. But you are obviously slightly less than objective...

Oh, and someone did mention the 666 thing - to which I say, "Who cares?"

Edited by SteeleJoe

What a bloody fool! Some people deserve, what they get! First cheated by the wife and then leave it to MIL to sell the remaining assets. And share with him.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Would you care to elaborate as to why you feel he got what he deserved? Do you really know enough about this man to make an informed opinion of him as a person or are you just an ignorant buffoon who thinks it's clever to kick a man when he's down?

Can't see that's much different than all the people on TV who know nothing about the Thai women who marry farang but always blame them without any proof for murders and theft of assets. Any time anything happens to a farang, no matter the evidence or lack thereof, a Thai is to blame in the TV kangaroo court. So I guess it can work both ways ... "or are you just an ignorant buffoon" should be asked whenever that happens too.

Oh shut up. For every one farang criminal in Thailand, there are 10,000 Thai crooks. Wake up you deluded, flower-power fruit. It's THAILAND. Are you really going to try to assert that it would unwise to assume that a criminal in Thailand is of Thai nationality? Would you apply the same logic elsewhere (i.e. if someone is shot in the US, we best assume a foreign national was the shooter to be fair to Americans?!). Thanks for flat-out the dumbest post I've read in few months. Cheers, mate!

This may be flat-out most ignorant narrow-minded post ever.

Suradit69's post was quite reasonable.

Why should God need to help her if he (Roger) gets custody then?She's an adult in her own right at 18,does custody even apply.I would think she is at the legal age to decide herself where she wants to live?

Would you like to expand on the slur on your ex-neighbour Roger,or is it just hearsay and gossip you're here to spread without him being able to defend himself.The very thing you seem outraged about when applied to his ex-wife now deceased,Nattinyee?

The guy has more chance of winning the lottery, being hit by a meteorite, struck by lighting and discovering he is the next in line to be the King of Sweden all in the same day, than ever seeing any of his stolen assets returned.

And his late wife did in an accident? The mind boggles.

The guy has more chance of winning the lottery, being hit by a meteorite, struck by lighting and discovering he is the next in line to be the King of Sweden all in the same day, than ever seeing any of his stolen assets returned.

And his late wife did in an accident? The mind boggles.

Indeed the mind boggles when one thinks about Su's (her nickname) death. She had her daughter Sara with her and I think the cousin. I thought one of the children died as well. I'm glad to hear they did not. One would think that the Police Colonel in Bangkok would have called the Police Colonel in Chonburi, specifically the head of the women and children's protective service where Roger is well known. I'm sure they can tell the Bangkok Colonel plenty. Su was not the only one who got arrested, there is a picture of Roger on the wall of the women and children's protective office. I'm sure they have much to tell.

Welcome to the club dude, my ex took much more than that and my 3 kids, tried to have me killed 3 times, had me arrested on false charges twice.... this is thailand, a Thai lie is much whiter than any farang truth..

Well, farang is farang, very different from regular humans, therfore easy to cheat, and steal from.

This poor guy must feel terrible .... I'm sure there's been some sort of misunderstanding here !!

I would think the lady he was involved with would be of the honest type and it's just a mistake ....

All he needs to do is go along to the nearest police station and explain his problem and they will go and get his 20 Million Baht back.

I don't live in Thailand anymore. It's only libel or slander if it is not true.

You obviously know nothing of Thai law then...it can be libel/slander even if it is true...its called defamation and you seem hell bent on doing a character assasination on this guy and it aint because of your care and concern over his family

As I stated in a previous post..if you have evidence of any wrong doing by the guy then you need to send this to the RTP...not air your dirty washing on TV

Edited by Soutpeel

A post in violation of this forum rule has been removed:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Replies were also removed.

i find it amusing that thailand will seek justice for tourists, yet overlook justice for expats getting ripped off by greedy needy thais, a justice system needs to be set in place to help expats

Why bother if he chose to ignore the protections available to him under the law?

You obviously know nothing of Thai law then...it can be libel/slander even if it is true...its called defamation and you seem hell bent on doing a character assasination on this guy and it aint because of your care and concern over his family

As I stated in a previous post..if you have evidence of any wrong doing by the guy then you need to send this to the RTP...not air your dirty washing on TV

I have already stated quite clearly the the Royal Thai Police, at least in Banglamung are very familiar with this gentleman. Dirty washing? Really? You all pile on the dead wife calling her all sorts of names, none of them were deserved and you tell me I am washing dirty laundry. Let me tell you, the whole story concocted by Roger stinks. I know this story quite well.

I have already stated quite clearly the the Royal Thai Police, at least in Banglamung are very familiar with this gentleman. Dirty washing? Really? You all pile on the dead wife calling her all sorts of names, none of them were deserved and you tell me I am washing dirty laundry. Let me tell you, the whole story concocted by Roger stinks. I know this story quite well.

Stuck, thanks for your new info. I actually wasted about 30 min reading 12 pages of speculation.

Stuck, thanks for your new info. I actually wasted about 30 min reading 12 pages of speculation.

More like 12 pages of nonsense. Most of the users except for a few are nothing more than empty heads.

That old chestnut..:-) It never fails to amaze me to read about guys losing fortunes in this time-honoured way.....for a start why would anyone marry a Thai bird?? There are thousands of them here ready to share good times with us without the inconvenience of the bad times or, God forbid, losing a few million.....So why fall in the "I love you long time, let's have babies together" trap??.........Call me old-fashioned but I think I prefer my way:-)

Yup, its as simple as that "why would anyone marry a thai bird". I just rent one for a hour or two, or for the night. So cheap and so easy. Wise up fools.

A friend once pointed out that he doesn't pay a girl to spend the night...he pays her to leave when he is finished.

No surprise to see this thread has turned into yet another "dumb farang deserves everything he gets" thread, its kind of boring now and yet again shows the intelligence of the majority of TV members.

The main factor in this story is the ex is dead, Mr. Harpel will surely be up against it when making accusations against a deceased ex. I note the article does not state when the ex died, only that it was sometime after 2007. So has this case been going on since 2007, or has Mr Harpel recently found himself in the shit and has decided to re-visit his past in a last ditch attempt to get some funds ?

Even if the ex was alive he still wouldn't stand much of chance as he was not legally married, Thai law states that any assets acquired after a legal marriage (which they did not have) would be split 50/50. This was not his late wife, it was his girlfriend, no marriage certificate, no case ! The mistake this man made was not down to him marrying a Thai, the mistake was NOT marrying a Thai !

To all you blokes out there who have married a Thai women and not registered it by Thai law do it now, if your wife says "no darling, dont need to do, the monk say we marry already" then walk away, and walk away from any assets that are in her name !

Really? If you're a cut above the regular soi bar herd why are you advicing farangs to marry a girl here?

I cant think of anyhting more ridiculous than marrying a Thai.

In all our western countries Thai wives own property(farang money) run businesses and dump their farang husbands at whim.

Its all one way. Thais win here or there... we lose. Dont marry an Asian trophy wife. Works for me.

Really, I didn't know my wife owned property over here.

I know she owns some land with a house in Thailand but I didn't pay a single bht towards it.

Let's just speak hypothetically: A thai corporation is an entity in law just as you or your Thai wife are entities. Let's just say you're an American Expat on the run for more than 25 years and you want to hide your money from not only the US Feds but also from the Thais and your Thai wife. What do you do?

Make a baby.

That's what you do, and as soon as you have that baby, you naturalize that baby into an American. Then you make that little Thai/American baby the majority shareholder in the company, 51 percent. You take the next largest share. Of course as an American you could have created a Corporation under the still valid Treaty of Amity that America has with Thailand and you could 100 percent owner of the Thai Corporation but then the US Feds would know about your corp and expect your taxes on said corporation.

And let's keep speaking hypothetically assuming the child is not the child of your present wife, but the child of a bar girl in Phuket whom you pay off so that she signs over custody 100 percent to you.

Now you control a Thai Corporation 100 percent because you control the majority shareholder. Ah, but there is a problem. Who will be the managing director? You don't want your name on the documents so you name your present Thai wife married in the village but not at the Ampur. And still speaking hypothetically, let's assume that you are a swindler. The money that you brought a quarter century ago from the United States is gone you have become a full fledged con man fleecing expats out of the life savings by say ... well still speaking hypothetically ... by using condemnation by easement.

Now it gets very interesting as the empty heads hear a new word - hypothetically of course. What that is, is simple. You find a hotel that is profitable or a business that uses an easement across its neighbors properties because they don't have access directly to the roads. Then you buy the properties around them.

Hypothetically of course.

Now you tell the poor foreigner that his clients can no longer drive across your property to get to the hotel or business. You're the new owner so you can do what you want. When the business starves because a cancer has surrounded it, you then make the business an offer and buy the business too. Now you open the roads to the business and you have a profitable business sold to you buy a foreigner who invested his life savings but you don't care because hypothetically you are a pathological person who could care less if you bankrupt the man or the business. And in a rude twist, you name your company hypothetically of course, EVIL THAI CORPORATION.

And the company grows. Your daughter can own 51 percent because she is Thai and you are her guardian. You buy yourself a nice car - say hypothetically a Blue Toyota Camry and you drive the streets of your new country looking for properties to buy. You're a predator for sure, like a shark going down Sukumvhit but you laugh as you think of how many people you've ruined and in your own way you know they deserved it.

All this is hypothetical for sure, but it does make the point that you don't need to marry a Thai women to achieve this level of dishonesty.

There are plenty of reasons for marrying a Thai woman. This is not one of them. Hypothetically speaking of course.

Welcome to the club dude, my ex took much more than that and my 3 kids, tried to have me killed 3 times, had me arrested on false charges twice.... this is thailand, a Thai lie is much whiter than any farang truth..

Well, farang is farang, very different from regular humans, therfore easy to cheat, and steal from.

Well, I can steal a school backpack from a kid who is walking home from school. Because it's easy to do, does that mean I'm cool because I'm able to do it?

Edited by maidu

Stuck, it's becoming clearer now why you have such a grudge. We get the story in fits and starts, all in roundabout language. If you have a legal case, the perhaps it would behoove you to go to authorities. If it's feelings of being cheated with no legal recourse, the join the club. Since being in Thailand, 15 years, I've been blatantly cheated by both Thai and farang. Farang are more likely to cheat by deception (internet, ATM fraud) whereas Thais often cheat by flat-out lying (saying they will pay and/or making other sorts of solemn promises, and then, .....well, you guessed it).

Stuck, it's becoming clearer now why you have such a grudge. We get the story in fits and starts, all in roundabout language. If you have a legal case, the perhaps it would behoove you to go to authorities. If it's feelings of being cheated with no legal recourse, the join the club. Since being in Thailand, 15 years, I've been blatantly cheated by both Thai and farang. Farang are more likely to cheat by deception (internet, ATM fraud) whereas Thais often cheat by flat-out lying (saying they will pay and/or making other sorts of solemn promises, and then, .....well, you guessed it).

From the hypothetical argument presented, I see nothing illegal, maybe morally questionable but nothing illegal...I see capitalism at work,

further..."US Feds would know about your corp and expect your taxes on said corporation"....A thai registered entity is not legally obilged to declare or pay taxes in the US, a Thai registered entity pays taxes in Thailand...In personal capacity the indivdual maybe required to declare his personal income to he US authorities, but entity is not.

I find it amazing how many posters claim to have no real friends in Thailand; Thai or farang. Most of these people are social rejects from their own countries who end up in Thailand because they are running/hiding from someone/something, don't have the social skills for normal relationships with women, and they had no friends in their home countries either. Then they come to Thailand and end up with "friends" such as prostitutes who they meet in bars, yaaba users, and other low-class people they meet god knows where.

I find it amazing how many posters claim to have no real friends in Thailand; Thai or farang. Most of these people are social rejects from their own countries who end up in Thailand because they are running/hiding from someone/something, don't have the social skills for normal relationships with women, and they had no friends in their home countries either. Then they come to Thailand and end up with "friends" such as prostitutes who they meet in bars, yaaba users, and other low-class people they meet god knows where.

and the relevance of your post to this topic ?...or is this just a generalised rant about farangs in Thailand

• Like 1

How do you know so much about these alleged people?

What was the word Freud used about a certain defense mechanism? Can't think of it but it starts with a "P"...it'll come to me....

• Like 1

As an expert on TVF posters backgrounds and habits would you happen to have all your numerous case studies in word or PDF form that you could share with us?

I don't have any friends because I smell.

So that screws up your theory.

• Like 2

As an expert on TVF posters backgrounds and habits would you happen to have all your numerous case studies in word or PDF form that you could share with us?
Yes me too please . I feel so...........compartmentalized. Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 2