Visa Requirements - Assistance

When applying for a Non O visa,, i was told i had to provide a letter to prove i was single before i got married, however i was married in 1997 in Hat Yai. The Hat Yai municipality does not keep the records and i was destroyed/lost. I have all other necessary documents.

I have had Non O visa before for 2 years then went to work overseas for 5 months, on return i was told this is the new law.

Anyone heard this before or got any ideas?..

Cheers

When applying for a Non O visa,, i was told i had to provide a letter to prove i was single before i got married, however i was married in 1997 in Hat Yai. The Hat Yai municipality does not keep the records and i was destroyed/lost. I have all other necessary documents.

I have had Non O visa before for 2 years then went to work overseas for 5 months, on return i was told this is the new law.

Anyone heard this before or got any ideas?..

Cheers

Never heard of it, it must be a really new one, in which Embassy did they ask that evidence?

I was asked for this paper in the Immigration office in Suan Phlu,, i had this affirmation of being single prior to getting married. Now in order to get another Non O visa, i have to show this paper. The office told me that sometimes wedding certificates are false.

I was asked for this paper in the Immigration office in Suan Phlu,, i had this affirmation of being single prior to getting married. Now in order to get another Non O visa, i have to show this paper. The office told me that sometimes wedding certificates are false.

In order to get a Non Immigrant "O" Visa you have to show the following documents:

Copy of your Marriage Certificate;

Copy of the ID Card or Passport of your wife (who suppose to have your surname)

Copy of Tabien Baan (house registration)

So I don't see how you can show a false certificate if you basically can prove that she is actually your wife because you both guy got the same surname!

I have all necessary documents, except the affirmation that i was single before i got married which was in 1997 in Hat Yai (i never needed this for previous visas). I have had 2 Non O Thai wife visas before no problem.

I have all necessary documents, except the affirmation that i was single before i got married which was in 1997 in Hat Yai (i never needed this for previous visas). I have had 2 Non O Thai wife visas before no problem.

I believe we are talking about 2 different things, I am talking about The Non Immigrant "0" visa releasable only out of country to the Royal Thai Embassy, and possibly you're talking about the year extension of that Visa, I assume so because you previously mention the Immigration of Suan Phlu.

Am I right?

yes,, i was talking about applying for non O at suan phlu

Ok, now it much clearer although the nature of that request is pretty singular, my personal advice, if you really want to get the year extension, is going to the Bangkok Immigration instead, personally (what I am doing right now) I would go out of country every 90 days and get a new Non Immigrant "O" Visa, there are several options that are not that bad, leaving the country once in awhile is not the hel_l, in fact it is nice!

Bye and Good Luck