Just How Much Do You Love Pad Krapow (On A Scale Of 1 To 10)?

Jingthing

Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow Pad Krapow   

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pad Krapow is a very popular Thai food, among both Thais and us barbarians as well.

But how much do you love it? (Or not.)

Here is your chance to give a number to your love (or hate) of Pad Krapow.

This is not the time to get all anal about Pad Krapow. For example if you love Pad Krapow gai sap (minced chicken) at level 9 but hate Pad Krapow gop (frog) at level 3, just vote 9, OK? The assumption is you are voting on your favorite style(s) of Pad Krapow. Got it? Good.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like it, it has a strange mint taste to it,

i suggest everyone to try out the thai omelet tho, kai tjeaow,

with chili pork onion tomato, beats falang omelet any day

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

You sound like a 3 or 4.

Where's your vote? coffee1.gif

You sound like a 3 or 4.

Where's your vote? coffee1.gif

It really depends on the day and my food mood. There are days that I would be excited to have really good pad krapow nua, and there other days that I would opt for good kow ka moo or gang keowan gai over pad krapow nua if either was available. I consider all to be cheap lunch foods. If I was having it at night, it would be with a host of other Thai dishes on a "sample all" basis. Evenings tend to be reserved for seafood or grilled meat, and pad krapow probably wouldn't get on the table (but gang keowan gai surely could, although poo curry or tom yum talay is more likely). Time to eat.....

• Like 1

it depends on the kai dao served with it, if the yolk is perfectly liquid, it is heaven, if it is a puck, not so much

I agree with that preference. As per the poll, vote based on your favorite style of the dish.

I could survive on pad krapow, or-suan and beer. 9

or suan, now that is brilliance, hoi tot is also a big favourite dalat huay Kwang for that.

have you tried the or-suan at the street place near the mouth of thonglor on sukhumvit?

lovely.

• Like 1

I could survive on pad krapow, or-suan and beer. 9

or suan, now that is brilliance, hoi tot is also a big favourite dalat huay Kwang for that.

have you tried the or-suan at the street place near the mouth of thonglor on sukhumvit?

lovely.

Not tried there but used to eat it (or-suan) often in some non-descript little place way down the bottom end of Nang Linchee.

The best Pad Krapow I've ever had was in Lat Yao town, Nakorn Sawan. I can still taste it now.

9 any variation. Made in Issan sweet but great. In the North not sweet and delish.

Kai dow mai sook (Nice runny egg).

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

6.....it's delicious and in any other country it would score higher but it gets lost in a sea of brilliance here.

My vote came out at 10. I share the views about the essential egg - crispy around the edges and soft in the centre. Definitely NOT cold and Hard (I tend to avoid gas station canteens now.....).

It is No1 dish by some way for me - invariably quite consistent (unless some cheapskate puts in fat/fatty bits of pork to bolster the volume).

I don't see the sea of brilliance that you see blether- many other dishes i.e. pad thai, tom yums and many curries are vastly over-rated.

Would be interested to see your league table of dishes that rank above pad krapow.

(as always with food I accept everything is personal choice)

• Like 2

Pad krapow moo khrob = perfection

lat khao and kai dao mai sook it and i agree.

it is also very different (but still excellent) depending on the protein chosen.

i have had moo, neua, goong, moo grob, ngoo, even schnitzel. all brilliant

I find with most of the common Thai foods it depends on the heat . After more than 3 decades eating Thai food i still only like mild heat so i can enjoy the other flavours. Pad karpow is the same and there should be enough heat with the basil and my gf says garlic is always a good substitute for chilli and i love the way she cooks it for me. Probabably not to everybodys taste without the excessive heat but mai pen rai.

Yum! Phad Khapow Moo Gorp! Or Khapow Neua.

Even better...

Phaa.chaa Moo Gorp (loads of basil but also copious use of green peppercorn)

YUM!!!

Phad Khapow is usually not made with such great meat, esp coming from the stalls. Better meat makes a big difference.

If you dont like Phad Khapow, you dont like Thai food. It is clearly one of the "national dishes"

If you are ever on.Koh Lipe and need an activity, go over to the NP on Koh Adang. They make the best Khapow Neua, swear. Only b60 over rice I think (not been this year), so also huge saving to overpriced Lipe food.

Edited by bangkokburning

Pad krapow moo khrob = perfection

lat khao and kai dao mai sook it and i agree.

Agree 100%. I have it probably on average 4 times a week. At one of my local eateries they start cooking it before i have even sat down. A lot does depend on the quality of the kai dao but also if the moo khrob isnt khrob it can be very disapointing.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I'm another moo fan...gai not so much. Still only a 9 though!

The gai always seems to be 1% meat, and 99% gristle and bone.

Agreed.

I feel its rather ground up chickens beaks and <deleted>.

Edited by tingtongfarang
  • Like 1