Free Form Pools

epicstuff

I am looking at building or get a free form pool built, so it looks more natural like a lake and can have rock features in places.

also gradual shallow slope like at a beach. can anyone advise if there are and complication on building a pool this way whether it works out cheaper or more expensive.. An example of what I'm talking about might be Indigo Pearl in Phuket ( only not quite so big.)

Freeform pools are always more expensive than standard rectangular pool and any additional features you would like will also add to the cost. I would suggest sketching out what you want, perhaps with a photo of the example you cited, and calling for several quotations. Prices will probably vary considerably, and will most usually depend on your location. If you are in a traditional expat area, prices will be (very) high. If the contract value is big enough, you may get more reasonable quotes from pool firms further away.

Always ask if they will send someone to visit you, because this will demonstrate true interest on the part of the pool firm and you will be able to guage thier professionalism. They should be able to give you a ballpark figure before making a firm offer.

If they speak English, or your native language, this will be a plus, but it does not always mean that they build quality pools.

i built my own

i used 6mm plywood for the wall forms and poured the wall in stages, 30-40cm at a time

it worked out great and zero leaks by only pouring 30-40cm at a time

if you need more details on how to build one, p.m. me

steve

post-6315-0-45948000-1368435892_thumb.jp

post-6315-0-52612100-1368436067_thumb.jp

post-6315-0-50605400-1368436107_thumb.jp

• Like 1