Falangs In Nakon Sawan?

Hi Guys

well now my second post wow getting good at this, just wondering if many Falangs English speaking living in Nakon Sawan use this site, basically in about 1.5 years time looking to sell up and move with Thai wife to Nakon Sawon, we are going to open shop and internet cafe and buy a new home and start a new life.. so i thought i would do some home work to try and find some new friends, maybe make a facebook page for those living in Nakon Sawan, i guess when you move to a new place it nice to find some new friends hence the post today, nothing ventured nothing gained and i might be suprised :)

Sorry if i am posting in the wrong area please advise if i am, ok well look forward to hearing from anybody be nice to get something going i would love some more info on what people get up too... cheers

Matt.

Welcome to Nakhon Sawan.

A lot depends on what you mean by Nakhon Sawan, the city or the province?

As for the shop to make money you need to sell something different that everybody wants or sell things cheaper than the other shops and as for the internet cafe it would need to be open around 16 hours a day to make anything.

I am not trying to run you down but give you a little of my experience.My wife had a shop and small restaurant which in the end we closed down because she allowed credit which in quite a few cases was never repaid. We made money in the long term but in the end when customers knew there was no credit they went elsewhere and presumably did the same.

You will not be allowed to run the internet cafe yourself but run some costs like how much is the going rate where you want to be, 10 or 15 baht an hour but certainly no more as you won't get customers.

What will be the startup costs for 10 units as an example plus furniture, electricity costs, fan or a/c, who will control it if your wife runs the shop, who will maintain it, will the software be original, will you need tea money etc.

I went quite deeply into it a few years ago and worked out with 10 units I needed something like 60% occupancy for 15 hours a day si I binned the plan.

Edited by billd766

Thanks 766 for the reply, well at the moment just saving in UK the wife and I looking to buy a home and convert the front into a shop is extension on the front, we have decided to ditch the internet cafe idea and make a shop larger in size, on good thing I will have no mortgage when all this is done' looking at a few online locations most of the new homes seem to be all the same design and they seem to build about 200 units, so the wife is thinking about serving these homes local to us, rather than people having to drive to seven eleven family mart etc so far I can see house cost about £50,000 4 bed etc and to convert and make shop in front of the home I guess about £10,000- 15 this will be paid for with no loans, I would like to think we could make at least £ 500 to £ 750 pcm if all went well.

Thanks 766 for the reply, well at the moment just saving in UK the wife and I looking to buy a home and convert the front into a shop is extension on the front, we have decided to ditch the internet cafe idea and make a shop larger in size, on good thing I will have no mortgage when all this is done' looking at a few online locations most of the new homes seem to be all the same design and they seem to build about 200 units, so the wife is thinking about serving these homes local to us, rather than people having to drive to seven eleven family mart etc so far I can see house cost about £50,000 4 bed etc and to convert and make shop in front of the home I guess about £10,000- 15 this will be paid for with no loans, I would like to think we could make at least £ 500 to £ 750 pcm if all went well.

My wife used to make about £350 a month profit on a good month, more at Songkran and less in the rainy season but on the downside she was open from about 10 am to 10 pm 7 days a week. At the end after she refused to give credit she was lucky to make a couple of hundred baht a day before the expenses. One week she had no customers for 3 days in a row so she packed it in. She rented the shop out twice and both times the people went bust, the last lot lost their deposit to her and I went up one day after they had gone and the PEA had taken the electricity meter away because of the unpaid bills which we didn't know about.

Hopefully you will be lucky.