Plutaluang Course - Pattaya - Do I Need To Book?

Gsxrnz

I was intending taking three friends for a round at Plutaluang Navy Course, south of Pattaya. Never played there before and info on the web is scarce. Does anybody know if I need to make a booking or if we turn up at 10am on a Sunday will we be able to play without being turned away or waiting too long? Thanks.

I played there yesterday, we'd booked for 10:00 a.m., arrived early and played at 09:30. Not busy and no holdups. But I'd say playing on Sunday of a holiday weekend might well be completely different, much better to book.

I generally play there at least once a month.

I have never had to book there, always turned up and got on the course.

Being owned by the navy you can sometimes get caught out with a tournament being played. It is 36 holes though so you will get on, just roll the dice on whether or not you will get stuck behind a pack of Thai Navy golfers enjoying their 8 hour round.

you should be lucky at the moment because high season has finished, they do tend to have a lot of mini buses turn up full of Koreans/Scandanavians in high season.

I would recommend the west and the north nines. They are the older of the 4 nines and is a better layout than south and east. If there is a tournament on, they always play on the north and west nines.

The course is good value for money and generally in nice condition.