World Airport Awards 2013. No Suvarnabhumi

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from poor signage,rip off duty free ad ganster car parks taxi touts insufficient wifi and toilets whats not to like ,you may even be held hostage as this can be done with impunity and no consequences an utter failure.

• Like 1

In no way is BKK one of the worst airports in the world..

These Skytrax awards should be taken with a large pinch of salt. Over the years, some of the winers have seemed too bizarre not to have been bought. And they are always happy to remove a negative report if the airline tells them.

In no way is BKK one of the worst airports in the world..These Skytrax awards should be taken with a large pinch of salt. Over the years, some of the winers have seemed too bizarre not to have been bought. And they are always happy to remove a negative report if the airline tells them.

It's not one of the worst, but is no where near being one of the best.

No surprise, for a new airport it is a total failure. I suppose a fe people got paid well though from it, and it is functional for the scammers.

I use it regularly. I turn up, I check in, I go through security and immigration, I have a couple of beers, I get on a plane, I take off from a runway. Pretty much the same procedure as any other airport I visit.

When I come back I land on a runway, I get off the plane, I go through immigration, get my bags, leave the airport, sometimes get the train, sometimes get a taxi - both are very cheap.

Please explain to me why it is a "total failure" and where you get scammed. I'm obviously missing something, or maybe I'm just lucky.

So, please, I want to know why you describe the airport as a "total failure"? It seems to work when I go there. And please refrain from repeating old wives' tales about getting arrested for window shopping etc., Where did it fail you? When and where did you get scammed? (I'm willing to bet that you haven't actually been scammed but you just like to repeat the typical TV line).

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 2

Aside from poor signage,rip off duty free ad ganster car parks taxi touts insufficient wifi and toilets whats not to like ,you may even be held hostage as this can be done with impunity and no consequences an utter failure.

Yes, be careful you don't get taken hostage as this happens all the time!! Literally every day!! Thanks for speaking out! Stay safe.

No surprise, for a new airport it is a total failure. I suppose a fe people got paid well though from it, and it is functional for the scammers.

I use it regularly. I turn up, I check in, I go through security and immigration, I have a couple of beers, I get on a plane, I take off from a runway. Pretty much the same procedure as any other airport I visit.

When I come back I land on a runway, I get off the plane, I go through immigration, get my bags, leave the airport, sometimes get the train, sometimes get a taxi - both are very cheap.

Please explain to me why it is a "total failure" and where you get scammed. I'm obviously missing something, or maybe I'm just lucky.

So, please, I want to know why you describe the airport as a "total failure"? It seems to work when I go there. And please refrain from repeating old wives' tales about getting arrested for window shopping etc., Where did it fail you? When and where did you get scammed? (I'm willing to bet that you haven't actually been scammed but you just like to repeat the typical TV line).

Thanks, I travel in and out if it frequently. It is functional, but really it is a failure in that it already needs upgrading, parts of it look 20 years old, the sings re awful the duty free is overpriced, the taxi set up is a joke, the airport link that doesn't quite link up with certain parts, the overpriced food, long queues at immigration, long waits for baggage Now, in terms of scams there are plenty of cases there, Tony the Sri Lankan was a good one, maybe your forget that One?The additional charge on reentry-permits, and of course all the usual taxi BS. Have I been scammed, no, but I am not a tourist, but plenty of people would have been scammed on arrival.

Considering it has only been open for 6 years, it's not particularly impressive given the quality of other airports in the region. So , yes in my opinion, and that's mine, I think it is a failure on a grand scale, it could and should have been so much better.

I arrived 2 weeks ago, there was 3 people in front of me at the immigration queue at around midday. My bag came fairly quickly. I used the toilets which were fine.

I've also used the airport link many times which is great.

I will agree with one of the posters in that the duty free does seem to be very expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I've had minor grumbles over the long walks (the last time, my plane stopped right my immigration which was nice) and having to wait a while for bags. But I tend to have fast track immigration so it probably feels longer.

I've never had a problem with taxis, unless you include my first trip when the AOT car took me to Nanatai mansions, not the Nana hotel (I said it was my first trip).

The longest wait I ever had at immigration was at Amsterdam, where it once took me a couple of hours, so even known good airports have their off days.