Death Threat Received

four nights ago i had a 1 night stand in jomtein with a 30 year old thai male and i gave him 3000 baht for his

services. since then he has constantly sent me heaps of text messages asking for me to send him more money.

i have ignored all the messages and not answered any of his calls.. now this morning i received a text message

from his number <number edited out> which said " NOW YOU MUST DIE " I take this as a serious death threat and

ask what should i do about it ? is it worth reporting him to the tourist police or what is my best options ?

this was the first and only time i had any thing to do with that person, i met him at a the night food stand outside

of the tops market in jomtein that night while i was having a meal there.

this is why i don't take anyone in the trade home -- male or female.

I certainly dont give em my number either.

lesson learnt.

report it if you wish, it won't achieve much unless he actually kills you, and even then it is questionable whether action is taken.

90 percent chance its a bluff. ignore it and when he is on to the next fool, he will forget about you.

hope it was worth it.

• Like 2

I would take it to the police and if they don't do anything the embassy. If that fails I would find snarky and pay him to walk around with you for a few days.

why would any embassy offer any assistance to someone who exhibited poor judgment in choosing a partner for paid sex?

and if they were so inclined, what assistance could they possibly offer?

the same set of circumstances which allowed this individual to pick up a man at a food stall and pay for sex, pretty much guarantee that there will be no support if it all goes wrong.

freedoms come with consequences

• Like 2

Arm yourself, are you renting a condo or staying in a hotel? Do you have any thai contacts?

I was staying at a guest house close to the tops market jomtein , that is where my room was i took him back to. i have moved out of the room now, and in a condo at sth pattaya , but i tend to think he also could know where the condo is, but he doesnt have a clue to the room number, during our conversation that night he mentioned to me that he has seen me many times before at a coffee shop near tukom. ( i often go to that coffee shop in the past. I do know his full and real name as is on his id card and his DOB.he has not sent any more texts or tried to call me since this morning when i got the death threat sms.

It is almost certainly just a bit of psychological warfare.

Nonetheless, as someone who, over the last 3 decades here, has seen some real bad stuff happen from the most innocuous beginnings, I personally would take it seriously to a certain degree. Take some precautions, cover your tracks and watch your back.

And I respectfully suggest you bit a bit smarter in your choices from now on.

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 2

Arm yourself, are you renting a condo or staying in a hotel? Do you have any thai contacts?

I was staying at a guest house close to the tops market jomtein , that is where my room was i took him back to. i have moved out of the room now, and in a condo at sth pattaya , but i tend to think he also could know where the condo is, but he doesnt have a clue to the room number, during our conversation that night he mentioned to me that he has seen me many times before at a coffee shop near tukom. ( i often go to that coffee shop in the past. I do know his full and real name as is on his id card and his DOB.he has not sent any more texts or tried to call me since this morning when i got the death threat sms.

Highly unlikely this douche will do anything, I would let building security know you may have an issue, get a guards phone number, maybe give him a few baht as a sweetner. You should be able to find some personal protective items for sale in the markets if you are that way inclined. At the least get some dried chilli, wrap it in cellophane with some air so it forms a bubble, smash that in his eyes if he approaches you. Keep any friends you may have locally on speed dial if you need help. I have had a couple of death threats in the past, normaly the people who threaten don't do anything. Just be aware of your surroundings and don't stagger around shitfaced for a while.

Inform the police, etc, or not is up to you if it makes you feel better. Even if they wanted to (unlikely) there is little official they can do - try proving he sent you any messages.

The suggestion that if he approaches you then you hit him in the eye wirh a plastic bag is, in my view and with all due respect to the poster, moronic. First, it probably wouldn't have the desiref effect and would give him an excuse to flatten you and, second, he could have you charged with assault and claim damages

Ignore him

Edited by LeCharivari

It's just his delicate ego hurt.

Thainess 101.

Choices are to:

1) ignore it.

2) Report it to both the police and embassy.

3) Start F'ing with him by calling his bluff and hunting him down. :D

I'd recommend number 2.

Though 99% certain it's just his final ego shot after being rejected, something he and most Thais cannot take very well at all, and thus have to resort to some sort of final, cowardly insult and warning in order to feel powerful and sedated. :(

KW, I really don't think this is something "most Thais" or even most Jomtien freelancers would do, and I doubt if his ego was hurt by the 3,000 baht tip!

Knowing his full name and DOB is a bit odd, as at 30 he is unlikely to have looked underage, as is his recognising you from a cafe, so maybe he was well paid for something "special" and he feels entitled to some more. Maybe there's more to it ? Who knows ? Who cares - certainly not any embassy or the police.

If all you did was overpay him, then ignore him. If there was more to it or you're still worried then get out of Dodge.

Edited by LeCharivari
  • Like 1

Just checked the OP's posting history.

13 posts and a similar "I'm living in hell" one earlier this year. That "extreme troll topic" was closed by Rimmer; maybe this one should suffer the same fate.

...March: "... this will be my first visit"

...January: "I have been coming here for the last four years ..."etc

Edited by LeCharivari

The suggestion that if he approaches you then you hit him in the eye wirh a plastic bag is, in my view and with all due respect to the poster, moronic.

Ignore him

Why say all due respect and then be rude? Keeping such bags by the door has been used to great effect on the door of many an estabishment when A violent person is trying to get in, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss something you obviously have no experience of.

Just checked the OP's posting history.

13 posts and a similar "I'm living in hell" one earlier this year. That "extreme troll topic" was closed by Rimmer; maybe this one should suffer the same fate.

...March: "... this will be my first visit"

...January: "I have been coming here for the last four years ..."etc

I have been living here only since september 2012. yes i did have major problem with my ex bf as mentioned in my previous post "living in hell " I have since ended things with that person and just going to massage places when i got the urge. This was the very first time and only time I accepted a offer from someone off the street.I only did so this time as he apeared to be a nice enough person who i thought could be trusted . i have never met before or even knew him, before taking him back to my room i asked to see his id card, not for checking his age , but to satisfy myself who he actually was for real , i asked him at the time if he was ok with me taking note of his name and DOB, which he said was ok. that is how i know his real name .

I have kept the sms he sent in my phone as evidence and it also has his phone number that he sent it from. I actually put his phone number in my posting so that for any one who wanted to check they could call him themselves to get his side of it. the moderator edited the posting and removed the phone number. the 3000 BAHT i gave him was i thought to be fair for his services, he seemed very happy with that amount when i gave it to him in the morning, latter that day apparantly he had a change of mind and wanted to squeeze me for more hence the sms. today he tried 2 times to call me but i did not answer the phone. maybe he is playing a game to frighten me i dont know. but to those guys reading the posting i want you to know its the bloody truth all of it. and for those who have doubts message me with your number and i will send you the sms i received together with the number it was sent from and you can do your detective work. anyway thank you to those that took the trouble to give me their advise what to do about it . No doubt i bet I am not the only gay guy in pattaya who has had dramas with their thai hookups and bfs This little drama has been another learning experience for me what and not what to say or do in this country, no matter how genuine and truthful any of these people seem on the outside. sad.png

The suggestion that if he approaches you then you hit him in the eye wirh a plastic bag is, in my view and with all due respect to the poster, moronic.

Ignore him

Why say all due respect and then be rude? Keeping such bags by the door has been used to great effect on the door of many an estabishment when A violent person is trying to get in, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss something you obviously have no experience of.
OK, I'm sorry I wasted my time and yours with the "with all due respect" bit

Advising the OP to assault his one-nighter if he "approaches" him is very poor advice. He could be arrested and charged with assault; whether or not he has nasty messages on his phone which he claims the person he assaulted sent him means norhing unless the number they were sent from is at least registered to him or the phone in his possession.

I can assure anyone stupid enough to rely on having their plastic bag of dried chillies to hand when they need it and then being able to burst it in someone's eyes that they are likely to have a very rude awakening. ... and I have plenty of experience in this area!

Moronic? In hindsight I was being generous. This sort of advice is dangerous, end of story (and of my interest in this nonsense).

Edited by LeCharivari

that's what happens when you overpay!

but... I wouldn't call renting the services of a prostitute a "one night stand". For me, the latter should be free, or if it's not free, then it's a classic long time or short time...