Mounting My Number Plate

Hi, is there any rule about buying a smaller custom number plate and mounting it side ways......(cough cough I'll re-phrase that) ?

Can you put your number plate on side-ways to the back left of the scooter or must it be horizontal ?

I just like how the Ruckus scooters have the plate off at the side out of the way of the rear of the bike.....

mz6shmqrxzx0yzikqisiga.jpg

Edited by freedomnow

You can't make your own plate, but you can trim your existing one as long as the small embossed emblem in the lower right corner is still visible. Never heard of a problem with it being mounted sideways, but the BIB can be very creative when it comes to finding things to cite you, so I wouldn't give them any more ammunition.

You can't make your own plate, but you can trim your existing one as long as the small embossed emblem in the lower right corner is still visible. Never heard of a problem with it being mounted sideways, but the BIB can be very creative when it comes to finding things to cite you, so I wouldn't give them any more ammunition.

Thanks, I guess I will be able to source a side mount plate on ebay etc.

I held off on getting a better,bigger Kitamura Japanese exhaust as I was sure the cops would ticket me and tell me to remove it.

Can they impound a bike on the spot if they think the mods are dangerous etc ?

Thanks, I guess I will be able to source a side mount plate on ebay etc.

I held off on getting a better,bigger Kitamura Japanese exhaust as I was sure the cops would ticket me and tell me to remove it.

Can they impound a bike on the spot if they think the mods are dangerous etc ?

Harley mount their plates on the side so should be easy enough to find

60947-10_large_1.jpg