Opthamalogist And The New Hospital

bunta71

This is a two part question...I need the services of an Ophthalmologist and ask if there is one in Krabi? Also seeing work done now on the new hospital and wondering if anyone had any updates on this progress??

I am afraid, to find a decent opthamalogist you best go to Phuket, either Bangkok Hospital or Phuket International. The Krabi Nakarin hospital was initially scheduled to open by the end of 2012, but I think it will take at least until the end of this year.

better forget about new hospital in Town. good sources said, the plan had a license issues, and it will open as a Hotel instead. thus, No new international hospital in Krabi.

Edited by hellracer

better forget about new hospital in Town. good sources said, the plan had a license issues, and it will open as a Hotel instead. thus, No new international hospital in Krabi.

I heard exactly the same thing from a local Thai,then when I drove past it the other week they have some new banners showing a housing and retail park, unbelievable if that is really the case,my misses seems to think the housesare going in front of the hospital building.

So yep I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the hospital it's only been an 8 year wait so far.

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...