500 Posts

sadman

Ahem. Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, I should like to address the forum on this, the occasion of my 500th post.

I have been ridiculed, suspended (once), sworn at (rather more than once) given good advice (often), poor advice (a few times) and downright dreadful advice (very often). I have been supplied with beer that made me fall over and jokes that had the same effect. I have been called pompous, pretentious and a tosser (guilty), but was once called nice (thank you).

I have been entertained, informed and educated by this forum. I go on almost every day and it helps me get through my enforced absences from LOS. Thank you to all who make this forum so informative and fun, including the mods (yes, even the one who suspended me!)

BUT: most of all, let me state here and now that no matter how much the mods beg, or offer, or even grovel - I have no intention of becoming a moderator. If, however, they feel I can be of some small service to this great forum, it would be selfish of me to decline (if you get my drift). I would be more than happy just to serve for no more than reasonable expenses (reasonable to be defined by me).

I should also like to make it clear that I have received no favours of an intimate nature whatsoever (except from Mrs Sadman).

I thank you.

Well said and congrats on your milestone. :D

Well, 500 down and oh, about 15,000 to go to get up to the really rare air :D

Don't forget to check out Bedlam now that you are among the elite (just stay away from "The Final Word" thread) :o

Ahem. Unaccustomed as I am to public speaking, I should like to address the forum on this, the occasion of my 500th post.

I have been ridiculed, suspended (once), sworn at (rather more than once) given good advice (often), poor advice (a few times) and downright dreadful advice (very often). I have been supplied with beer that made me fall over and jokes that had the same effect. I have been called pompous, pretentious and a tosser (guilty), but was once called nice (thank you). Was that ME Sadman? :D

I have been entertained, informed and educated by this forum. I go on almost every day and it helps me get through my enforced absences from LOS. Thank you to all who make this forum so informative and fun, including the mods (yes, even the one who suspended me!)

BUT: most of all, let me state here and now that no matter how much the mods beg, or offer, or even grovel - I have no intention of becoming a moderator. If, however, they feel I can be of some small service to this great forum, it would be selfish of me to decline (if you get my drift). I would be more than happy just to serve for no more than reasonable expenses (reasonable to be defined by me).

I should also like to make it clear that I have received no favours of an intimate nature whatsoever (except from Mrs Sadman).

I thank you.

Cheers, sorry I missed the beers at Green Man.... when is the next Sadman Soiree? :D

ps. hope I'm here for it... check 'Advice from Bedlam Boys' thread.... :o

Edited by khall64au

I have been ridiculed, suspended (once), sworn at (rather more than once) given good advice (often), poor advice (a few times) and downright dreadful advice (very often). I have been supplied with beer that made me fall over and jokes that had the same effect. I have been called pompous, pretentious and a tosser (guilty), but was once called nice (thank you). Was that ME Sadman? :D

Cheers, sorry I missed the beers at Green Man.... when is the next Sadman Soiree? :D

ps. hope I'm here for it... check 'Advice from Bedlam Boys' thread.... :o

Yes, khall, that WAS you. For which I thank you. I have a few family problems at present, so won't be over until after Easter, contrary to original plans. I'll PM you (and others) when I know more.

Congratulations!!! :o

BUT: most of all, let me state here and now that no matter how much the mods beg, or offer, or even grovel - I have no intention of becoming a moderator.If, however, they feel I can be of some small service to this great forum, it would be selfish of me to decline (if you get my drift). I would be more than happy just to serve for no more than reasonable expenses (reasonable to be defined by me).

I hope that´s true and you don´t change your mind in the next few days... :D

I have been ridiculed, suspended (once), sworn at (rather more than once) given good advice (often), poor advice (a few times) and downright dreadful advice (very often). I have been supplied with beer that made me fall over and jokes that had the same effect. I have been called pompous, pretentious and a tosser (guilty), but was once called nice (thank you).

I thank you.

well done, i hope i make 500 posts, you sounds abit like myself, ive just come back from suspension and people were wagering if i would even make 300 posts before getting banned which i had a good laugh about.

Congratulations...

I would call you a sadman... but i guess that would be callin the kettle black :o

totster :D

Edit/ don't forget you can now change you 'member title' from senior member to something witty

Edited by Totster

congratulations on your 500 posts - replying to this is nudging me ever closer to the mysteries of bedlam :o

Youre not missing anything mate :D It is sheer boredom :D

Unless you're Boon Mee or one of his bum chums :D

totster :D

congratulations sadman. :D

PS the only reason im posting here is to up my count!! :D

i sometimes wonder where members with several thousand posts find time to sleep!!! :D

yeah i know exactly what you mean - unless this forum is for expat insomniacs and ive been missing the point up till now - -

461... :o

congratulations sadman. :D

PS the only reason im posting here is to up my count!! :D

i sometimes wonder where members with several thousand posts find time to sleep!!! :D

yeah i know exactly what you mean - unless this forum is for expat insomniacs and ive been missing the point up till now - -

461... :o

gonna take me ages to reach 500 :D

another pointless post to up my count!!!

149 :D:D

Its easy to get your post count up, just do what a few choice members do, a :D and a :D and a few of :D and dont forget to drop in a few :D and you will have your count up in no time :D

Just testing the reply button. I err...thought it was sticking a bit. Seems to be in good working order now though. :o

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above are two examples of post bumping. Daley's method is one often used but lacks any creativeness whilst mine does and is more humorous by far. :D

Another way to increase one's posting tally is to respond to this post using just one of the above smilies, even if your a humorless git who couldn't see humour even if Coco the Clown smacked you in the face with a rubber sledgehammer and poured molten custard down the front of your trousers. :D

Edited by Gazza

congratulations on your 500 posts - replying to this is nudging me ever closer to the mysteries of bedlam :o

Youre not missing anything mate :D It is sheer boredom :D

Bedlam can actually be good fun. You can certainly make it fun for yourself.

BUT: most of all, let me state here and now that no matter how much the mods beg, or offer, or even grovel - I have no intention of becoming a moderator.

I'd opened your thread to satiate my curiousity - WHAT achivement(s) that might be.

now I guess I know - yeah, to be even offered, especially begged, to become a mod here on TV, expecially before you achive 500th post - that must realy be some achivement ! tell us the secret, Sadman - how did you make them beg you, I mean what so special you have done them ? :o coz so far I never been offered or begged or something.

and even if that is not an achivement - then certainly refusing them, overcoming such a temptation - THAT must be an achivement ! :D

anyway, mine conradulations too ! :D