Compulsively Unable To Resist A Good Deal- Alpinestars Tech 1-R Jacket

Sportbike Track Gear in the US is clearing out their Alpinestars display gear (everything is 'like new' or 'lightly used')- of course sizes are limited, but they had a Tech 1-R jacket in Euro 54/US 44 for $399 (they used to go for $700, and they're on clearance at other places for $540- even direct from Italy they're nearly $500 shipped)- I have friends visiting in August so I had it sent to their house in be States to avoid shipping and import tariffs.

Note there's still a lot of stuff on their website- there's a lightly-used Tech 1-R still available in Euro 56 for $279 (which I would have bought if it had been my size), plus loads of other stuff- there are good deals even with having it shipped over:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Alpinestars+2013+Closeout+Sale&searchpath=227184616&start=101&total=174

It's got decent perforation and great protection (and I've already got a Bionic Race back protector that snaps in)- not great for Bangkok or anywhere there's heavy traffic, but I don't ride there in any case:

alpinestars_tech1r_jacket_black_600.jpg

Edited by RubberSideDown

Just got back from the US and brought my GF a proper helmet and a nice Olympia jacket. I got myself some AGV kevlar jeans, a Go Pro Hero 3 black.

Also got my self full leathers and helmet last year. I think the amount you can save pays for the plane ticket...

Love shopping back home, hate browsing for stuff from here though!

• Like 1

This is a good time of year to find deals- right before summer when the sellers need to get rid of old stock- I certainly didn't need another jacket, but the price was too good to pass up.

I also bring back a ton (almost literally;)) of gear when I head to the States- whenever people are planning a visit to Thailand, I usually make them regret asking if I need anything brought over.:)

Seriously, though, anyone who needs something should click the link above- there are some great prices, and there's only one of each item- everything will be gone soon.

Edited by RubberSideDown