Builder Teams In Cha Am Area?

I'm considering a project in the Cha Am area and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the builders in that area? I'm considering buying the materials my self so perhaps a local builder's material network may not be a much of a issue and I may be able to import a reliable team from elsewhere Dose anyone have any experiance with this or a team they might recommend?

Zatochi when you are planning to start the project? I suggest you not to buy material by yourself just wait and first search the builder because they will handle all the issues related to the material.

Thank you, Sure lets talk. I'm thinking about 75-100 units, town homes a decent size, round 180-200sqm, with a lil extra land and decent facilities. Preferably within 1km of the beach. I am considering buying the materials myself as I have done with similar projects in other countrie, to have a better grip on QA/QC. Because other wise it would be very easy for them to do the old bait & switch, offering sub standard, shoddy materials, and weak cement, at every turn just to save a couple of baht. What do you guys think?

Will keep this short as possible and to the point. I'm 75 yr old American expat with Thai wife. Been in Thailand for 7+ years. Moved from Phuket to Tha Yang (55K NE of Cha Am) 2 years ago. We had a local Thai gentleman named Pooack build our 145 sq meter home, I drew the plans and made a plastic model of our home (that's what I did in USA B4 retiring). He built us a fantastic home exactly like the plans and model. He's been a builder in this area for 20+ years. Has a great family etc etc. Because of his longevity in the area he gets a 1 to 5% material discount from "Home Pro" (huge national Thai building supplier) and others as needed. He's so honest he passes this discount on to customer. He usually only builds 1 to 3 homes at a time but is competent enough to handle a 75 to 100 unit project. Because of his reputation he can get as many experienced workers as necessary for any size project. He's honest competent hard worker experienced doesn't cut corners or do the "bait & switch" thing you spoke of. When he doesn't have to supervise others he doesb't just stand around playing boss he works also. It might be beneficial to both you and Pooack to talk. What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

...He usually only builds 1 to 3 homes at a time but is competent enough to handle a 75 to 100 unit project. Because of his reputation he can get as many experienced workers as necessary for any size project. ...

Sounds like a great custom home builder, and all-round nice guy, but a small builder scaling up to build a hundred units in a short timeframe would be a typical recipe for disaster that I would warn my clients of.

These are two different business models, with one run like a paternal family structure - typical of small home builders everywhere - while the other is a multi-department, multi-level, with highly specialized staff in a more military type of operation in its level of regimentation. It's dern impossible for the small builder to pivot, rescale via massive hiring spree, and fundamentally re-organize into the necessary multi-tier management structure for a big project, to say nothing of cash-flow & logistics, in one project's timeframe - I'd red flag it.

• Like 1

...He usually only builds 1 to 3 homes at a time but is competent enough to handle a 75 to 100 unit project. Because of his reputation he can get as many experienced workers as necessary for any size project. ...

Sounds like a great custom home builder, and all-round nice guy, but a small builder scaling up to build a hundred units in a short timeframe would be a typical recipe for disaster that I would warn my clients of.

These are two different business models, with one run like a paternal family structure - typical of small home builders everywhere - while the other is a multi-department, multi-level, with highly specialized staff in a more military type of operation in its level of regimentation. It's dern impossible for the small builder to pivot, rescale via massive hiring spree, and fundamentally re-organize into the necessary multi-tier management structure for a big project, to say nothing of cash-flow & logistics, in one project's timeframe - I'd red flag it.

He may be competent, but where will the amount of staff required to build such a large project come from, will the staff be qualifed and compontent, or the usual 300 baht per day labourers?

Havent even gone into things like quality control, materials etc etc.