Resale Value Of Mitsu Pajero Sport?

chivo

A friend of mine is interested in buying my 2010 top spec 4wd. As there's no Blue Book here I'd like to know what standard price I should give him. It has very low mileage and in top shape.

This is not an ad as I have a buyer already. Thx.

I bought for 1,280,000 in jan 2010.

Actually, it doesn't matter for how much you bought it for, but you have to look at the current value of the car. It is the 2010 model, which was before the 2011/2012 minor change.

I think you can get anywhere between 900,000 to 800,000 THB for it.

With the redesigned Pajero Sport coming late this year you are selling at a very good time.

We might see a preview of the redesigned Triton this year if we're lucky (it goes on sale next year), but the next gen Pajero Sport will be a 2015 release.

This site is for "Tent" used cars and come with 1 year free service warrantee so their asking price is quite high

While some might offer a warranty, it's not required under law like some other countries, and you'll find it's certainly not the norm to offer an aftermarket warranty in the advertised price - but like insurance and finance, they would likely try and sell it to you smile.png (these aftermarket warranties are really nothing other than special insurance policies, and differ from OEM warranties as they have hard limits on how much can be claimed, part by part).

On that front though, Mitsubishi had a campaign running for around 6 months in 2010, where all Pajero Sport GT models (like the OP's) were sold with a 150,000KM/5 Year factory warranty, so there's some chance the OP's ride still has a couple of years of OEM warranty left on it...

Edited by IMHO

This site is for "Tent" used cars and come with 1 year free service warrantee so their asking price is quite high

While some might offer a warranty, it's not required under law like some other countries, and you'll find it's certainly not the norm to offer an aftermarket warranty in the advertised price - but like insurance and finance, they would likely try and sell it to you smile.png (these aftermarket warranties are really nothing other than special insurance policies, and differ from OEM warranties as they have hard limits on how much can be claimed, part by part).

On that front though, Mitsubishi had a campaign running for around 6 months in 2010, where all Pajero Sport GT models (like the OP's) were sold with a 150,000KM/5 Year factory warranty, so there's some chance the OP's ride still has a couple of years of OEM warranty left on it...

That absolutely correct provided the Extra little Yellow Warranty Book has been filled in and stamped. It is a free check of the vehicle every 5,000ks in between the normal 10,000k services. In othe words at 5,000, 15,000, 25,000 etc, up to 100,000. If there has been 3 or more of these checks MISSED then the Warranty of 150,000 is Void, at least that was the origional story when the vehicle was purchased. Mine has now done 115,000 and still going strong. We are also used to a value being placed on the Accessories that are on the vehicle and this incorporated into the value of the car for either sale or insurance. In Thailand they don't seem to give a dame what extras are on the car so for insurance purposses i give them a full list of all extras and they take photo's to show them all, so in the event of an accident hopefully it would be repaired as insured with the extras on it as the insurance company agreed to raise the insured price to cover these extras. I hope i never have to put this to the test as we all know, this is Thailand.

That absolutely correct provided the Extra little Yellow Warranty Book has been filled in and stamped. It is a free check of the vehicle every 5,000ks in between the normal 10,000k services. In othe words at 5,000, 15,000, 25,000 etc, up to 100,000. If there has been 3 or more of these checks MISSED then the Warranty of 150,000 is Void, at least that was the origional story when the vehicle was purchased. Mine has now done 115,000 and still going strong. We are also used to a value being placed on the Accessories that are on the vehicle and this incorporated into the value of the car for either sale or insurance. In Thailand they don't seem to give a dame what extras are on the car so for insurance purposses i give them a full list of all extras and they take photo's to show them all, so in the event of an accident hopefully it would be repaired as insured with the extras on it as the insurance company agreed to raise the insured price to cover these extras. I hope i never have to put this to the test as we all know, this is Thailand.

The 5000KM intervals and the supplementary "Diamond Warranty" booklet were scrapped in Q3 2010, and the terms for the 150,000KM/5 year warranty were changed to the normal 10K service intervals, with a 3-strike rule (i.e. same rules as the standard 3year/100K warranty now).

As for accessories adding to the value - if selling private you can maybe get 25-50% of the original value for these, but if selling to a broker or tent, the only thing I've ever seen them pay extra for was aftermarket wheels - even then at a fraction of their original value.

Best to revert to stock if not selling private, then re-purpose, sell, or just give the parts to an appreciative home ;)