300 Participate In 4- Province Beach Cleanup

Rimmer

300 participate in 4- province beach cleanup

n16East32-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--More than 300 people scoured Pattaya-area beaches as part of “big cleanup day” organized by sports and tourism offices in four provinces.

Officials from Chonburi, Rayong, Chantaburi and Trat participated in the April 28 event that attracted students, volunteers and scuba divers to clean beaches and coastal reefs of garbage.
Full story:http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/300-participate-in-4-province-beach-cleanup-25784

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2013-05-10 footer_n.gif

Looks like just another photo op. Everyone is happy with their new t-shirts, and one day of playing in the sun, or was it just an hour or two. Now the beach will be clean for another year!

Wouldnt it be a better idea, not to throw garbage around the beach, or off the boats?

I applaud each and every one of the individuals for giving up their time to help clean the beach. If I had known about it I would have been there to help. I realize some find it easier to sit back with their beer and criticize those that make a difference. Thank goodness they are just an ignorant few with nothing better to do.

• Like 1