Online Web Cam - Possible?

ExpatOilWorker

Is it possible to connect a camera to my True modem or even connecting the cam to my home wifi and then log on and see what the camera is seeing in Internet Explore?

My modem is always on, even when I am not in Thailand and it would be cool to have an online web cam. Is this super complicated or easy to do?

Yes. I have one. Here is an example. They can cost as little as 50 dollars to 600. Google

Wireless Pan/Tilt MPEG-4 Network Camera, they have their own IP address

.5c33d20c-12a5-432f-ac1a-12c7de11574c.jpg

Thanks. Can you get them at MBK or Fortune Tower?

How do you then see it online? Is there a webpage you log on to? Password?

I've got multiple webcams setup to show the inside and outside of of my place.

It think popular cams are ones made by DLink, but I caution their WiFi performances. Weak WiFi performance.

I can view my cams using DLinks own dedicated webcam website "mydlink.com" via web browsers, or i can use my iPhone / iPad to view the cameras (free versions available from DLink only for iPhone, you can use the free version on iPad but it will be stretched. A paid version is available on iPad).

I'm not pimping DLink, in-fact, their WiFi performance issues put me off a bit (weak signal strength from their cameras). Their price and variety, software availability across platforms, accessibility between platforms, are the reasons why I stuck with them.

The fixed cameras are usually the cheapest, they get more expensive with image quality and pan/tilt capabilities.

Don't expect smooth motion video over the internet, it all depends on network congestion and ISP links.

Hello

I have such a cheap ip cam from china about $50. For me works good. The Cam have a build in Webserver, so i can access the Cam from each Computer or Smartphone with internet.

Only bad think, i only get 1-2 Frames per second and the voice is not really good.

Chris

cheap and easy:

-Check fortune there are bunch of IP cam.

-Setup a DynDNS: will allow you to access ur cam with a DNS name since all IP change every X days. Most cam or router support DynDns.

-Enable port forwarding to ip cam.

Et voila!