Report Shady Language Agency

DavidRaydo

I was wondering if anyone knew how to report an agency for illegal business practices?I worked for an agency that sent me to a school to teach English for 4 years and the agency was definitely shady. For example taxes were taken out of each paycheck but when I asked to see my tax paperwork I learned that for least for 1 year none was ever filled. Another shady part was not paying my last month salary unless I sign a new contract. At immigration the agency wanted me to say i worked at one address when I was working at a completely different school. When i complained their attitude is simply, "this is how it is and what are you going to do about?". Does anyone know how to report such an agency? I know the company is not on the up and up. Thanks in advance for any advice

You would be perfectly justified in reporting this company, however it could also be a big downfall for your career, in

my experience these agencies tend to stick together and if you get a reputation as a troublemaker rightly or wrongly

it could easily see you with no future employment.

Just a point for you to consider for your future.

Do you have a real degree ?

Do you have a TEFL cert'?

Have you been issued with a teachers licence?

Do you have a Non Im B visa or extension to stay ?

Do you have a work prmit in YOUR hands?

If you answer 'no' to any of the above walk away and consider youself lucky.

Just asking.

Do you have a real degree ?

Do you have a TEFL cert'?

Have you been issued with a teachers licence?

Do you have a Non Im B visa or extension to stay ?

Do you have a work prmit in YOUR hands?

If you answer 'no' to any of the above walk away and consider youself lucky.

Just asking.

In cases such as this the DOL is not really interested whether some has a WP or not...they will still take on the complaint if the complaint is valid

I very much enjoyed the school I was working at but the agency was a nightmare. Unfortunately I could not work at the school unless I used this agency. Late payments, incomplete payments were common. If there was an error it was never in your favor. I have since moved to an international school but still fighting for my last paycheck. Thanks for the tips, I appreciate them

Go back to the school yourself and ask if they'll take you on and remove the agency from the picture perhaps???

I'm surprised that anyone would need an agency to get a teaching job given some of the deadbeats there are in this game...or do they all use agencies?