Unable To Attach Photos To Emails. Internet Stops Working

ripstanley

When I try to attach photos to emails I get a message that the internet has stopped working. The following problem appears

Problem
Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: IEXPLORE.EXE

Application Version: 10.0.9200.16537

Application Timestamp: 512347f7

Fault Module Name: MSHTML.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.9200.16540

Fault Module Timestamp: 5125ef5c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 009c21a7

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: a7aa

Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Additional Information 3: a7aa

Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

Can someone let me know how to get rid of this problem. I tried to uninstall MSHTML.dll but could not find it when I go into uninstall programs. I have found it on the computer but do not know what to do next. My computer skills are limited

Any help would be appreciated.

I am no expert by far, but have you tried right clicking on the picture itself and select send to then click on mail recepient, this worked for me once when I had problems sending attachments.

To the OP:

You can try to look here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/mshtml-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm Look at number 7 in the list which has to do with running System File Checker. When things get installed on Windows they often change .dll files. Sometimes this can cause a problem. I have had good luck through the years with SFC - not always, but the majority of times it has helped.

I have used IE for many years and it has worked well for me. I have used others and I have always come back to IE.

You can also find a lot of answers at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us .

MSPain

Edited by hml367

I totally agree with Sayonarax. Use Chrome, do everything he says and you'll be fine. I believe chrome will ask you if you want to import all your bookmarks from IE, when you install. Then you'll be all good to go. If not, it's easy to export and then import them.

Best of luck.

Stop using Internet Explorer for a start biggrin.png

Download FireFox or Chrome.

Update Sun Java program and Adobe Flash programs.

Reboot your system to clear caches

I fully agree, stop using IE. when IE9 came out I had many problems and the silence from microsoft was deafening.

Another tip is to reduce the file size of the photos, especially if you have slow www.

Rclick on a photo and check 'properties'. Unless you are emailing superdetailed stuff, 120kB max is enough for happy snaps.

If using windows, to reduce photo size Rclick, 'Open with' use Paint, there are options in there reduce by 5-95%.

A 1M photo should reduce to ~ 100kbif you request reduction by 40%

(mystery to me why it doesn't reduce to exactly 40%, or (.4 x .4) = 16%, of original size. AA

I used Firefox and could attach the photos. I tried to download Chrome but only got a mixture of Thai and English. I gave it a miss. Thanks again for your assistance

Google use your geo-location and will automatically redirect you to a Thai version. To avoid this just go to Google.com and search "chrome english".