Nylon Straps In Chiang Mai?

glomp

Hello

I have been trying to track down something so basic as a pair of nylon straps with metal clips.

None of the centrals or big c stores have them. Closest is those wide straps with plastic latches that break the first time you fly with them on your bag.

I have attached an image of the impossible to find item:

post-93008-0-06115800-1368190240_thumb.j

Edited by glomp

Yep, never use elastic bungie cords to secure something on a moto. I used the feel free branded ones bought at the kayak, outdoor supply shop across from the train station just a short distance off of Charoen Maung road. Proper quality ones sold for securing kayaks and available in rather long lengths.

Google map link

Yep, never use elastic bungie cords to secure something on a moto. I used the feel free branded ones bought at the kayak, outdoor supply shop across from the train station just a short distance off of Charoen Maung road. Proper quality ones sold for securing kayaks and available in rather long lengths.

Google map link

I went to the location and they only said "no have" and so on. Went on down the street towards the moat and showed the pic to some bike/car/stuff stores and all of them just looke like "that looks like a useful thing to have" and shook their heads.

How can a country survive as a nation without being able to secure stuff without using tape, concrete or the lives of the neighbors children in the back of a pick up truck.

"How can a country survive as a nation without being able to secure stuff without using tape, concrete or the lives of the neighbors children in the back of a pick up truck."

Why? Because most Thai's can tie a knot in a pice of rope....

Something that most westerners can't do anymore.

"How can a country survive as a nation without being able to secure stuff without using tape, concrete or the lives of the neighbors children in the back of a pick up truck."

Why? Because most Thai's can tie a knot in a pice of rope....

Something that most westerners can't do anymore.

Yes they tie up the load with a piece of stick twisted into it and wired down.

It's a great look.

• Like 1

Google map link

I went to the location and they only said "no have" and so on. Went on down the street towards the moat and showed the pic to some bike/car/stuff stores and all of them just looke like "that looks like a useful thing to have" and shook their heads.

How can a country survive as a nation without being able to secure stuff without using tape, concrete or the lives of the neighbors children in the back of a pick up truck.

Yeah, been there. Owner deals with Feel Free kayaks and got me straps in less than a week, the staff just said no with a smile the first time I visited. Feel free Thailand sells kayak accessories and that includes good quality tie downs.

Same same, 2.7 and 3.6 m lengths

http://www.feelfreekayak.com/products/accessories/general.php#strap

Guys, i know they manage and have for centuries. It was hyperbole because i was frustrated. Try reading between the lines some time.

Driving with a largish back pack was survivable and Pai is lovely.

• Like 1