Indian Restaurants

vodka

Smor Spa and Resort in the middle of downtown Takiab where the street is narrow and two lanes has the best Indian food I've had in Hua Hin. It also has very good Thai food both at reasonable prices and in a beautiful beach side setting.

Smor Spa and Resort in the middle of downtown Takiab where the street is narrow and two lanes has the best Indian food I've had in Hua Hin. It also has very good Thai food both at reasonable prices and in a beautiful beach side setting.

Smor....= Yummy

After living here a long time I find myself bored with Thai food and being an Indian curryholic crave a good curry but unfortunately I have never found an Indian restaurant that is any good at British style Indian curry.

When I lived in Phuket there was a guy who made British style curry and they were spot on but I left Phuket months ago and I have not had a decent curry since.

Over the weekend I called into Hua Hin Ham and Bacon to stock up up on essentials and ---- me what did I find.They are now stocking a selection of British style Indian curries.

I have just had an awesome vindaloo and naan bread.If you are into your curry they are well worth a try.

I have heard many a time I can make a good curry but there is definitely an art to it it's not just the taste it's that smell.

You know what I mean if you like your curry

Lavender19, How much are the curries in Soi 41 please ?

Sorry did not take much notice of price as it was added to all my other items.I think around 180 but large portion and the naan about 40.I will try to find receipt but I think that went in the bin.I will probably be back for more soon so will let you know.

OK lavender, I go every few weeks anyway for sausage, bacon and pies although if in the shopping mall I buy them from there as he has a fridge in there but limited stock. Not sure I would pay 180 TBH as I live 10 mins walk from S & S on 94 and although their portions arfe small I am not a big eater and so a curry and rice can be had for 100 Baht fresh but I will try it once.

OK lavender, I go every few weeks anyway for sausage, bacon and pies although if in the shopping mall I buy them from there as he has a fridge in there but limited stock. Not sure I would pay 180 TBH as I live 10 mins walk from S & S on 94 and although their portions arfe small I am not a big eater and so a curry and rice can be had for 100 Baht fresh but I will try it once.

As I said I have tried many curry places here and these curries are the only ones that taste like a good old British curry so I don't find that price too bad for the amount of chicken and lots of sauce.If you are a small eater you would probably get two servings from one.

Sorry did not take much notice of price as it was added to all my other items.I think around 180 but large portion and the naan about 40.I will try to find receipt but I think that went in the bin.I will probably be back for more soon so will let you know.

180 for one dish? Tourist price.

Whatever.

Have you tried one?

Yes you can pay 100 for fresh curry but what do you get about 3 or 4 minuscule slices of chicken.

So why not go and try one then you can comment

Edited by starkey_rich

Whatever.

Have you tried one?

Yes you can pay 100 for fresh curry but what do you get about 3 or 4 minuscule slices of chicken.

So why not go and try one then you can comment

I'm happy with S&S on soi 94, portions are just fine and taste is second to none IME. I can have two very tasty curries for 180 so I get the same amount of grub but two different dishes. I'm commenting whether you like it or not. Have a nice day and enjoy overpaying.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just returned from a weekend in Bangkok and while there I purchased 4 curries at Bawarchi in Sukhumvit Soi 11 - it's the best curry I've had and I've been eating Indian curry for a long time. I packed them in ice and brought them back to Hua Hin so my freezer is well stocked with good curry.

I heard 'The Bridge' bar in Khao Takiab started doing indian food a few weeks ago and it's meant to be pretty good although I haven't got around to trying it yet.

I've considered hiring someone to do a 'curry run' to Bangkok for me once a month. With a medium sized ice box and a return bus ticket I could have a never ending supply of the best Indian food Bangkok has to offer right here in Hua Hin.

I've just returned from a weekend in Bangkok and while there I purchased 4 curries at Bawarchi in Sukhumvit Soi 11 - it's the best curry I've had and I've been eating Indian curry for a long time. I packed them in ice and brought them back to Hua Hin so my freezer is well stocked with good curry.

Is that the restaraunt located next to Villa?

If so, then I'm sorry but we just don't have the same taste in curries.

Jerry

I heard 'The Bridge' bar in Khao Takiab started doing indian food a few weeks ago and it's meant to be pretty good although I haven't got around to trying it yet.

I've considered hiring someone to do a 'curry run' to Bangkok for me once a month. With a medium sized ice box and a return bus ticket I could have a never ending supply of the best Indian food Bangkok has to offer right here in Hua Hin.

I would agree about Bawarchi in Sukhumvit Soi 11 but parking is impossible. I am not very mobile walking wise...so the alternative is to park far away and get a taxi.

I would agree about Bawarchi in Sukhumvit Soi 11 but parking is impossible. I am not very mobile walking wise...so the alternative is to park far away and get a taxi.

You can just use ChefsXp and get them to deliver it to the hotel - it's much easier.

• 1 month later...

The tingling taste on the tongue, the melt in the mouth texture of the gravies and curries and the refreshing aromas of the food make it all so yummy. Any patron who has ever been to Indian restaurants will say that the hospitality they receive their in the form of a warm welcome and courteous and friendly staff is a refreshing change from other joints wherein the staff couldn’t be bothered more by your presence unless you are at a fine dine place. In fact Hollywood celebrities and even the royal family of England have heaped praises on the cuisine of the country and come back for more at these places. Needless to say, after reading this piece anyone would be craving some authentic food from the country.

• 5 months later...

I know you need Indian food for a party of family gathering, wedding, corporate event and you will contact any indian restaurants nearby. So here I say about best indian food They are serviced Indian food delivery covers all of Hayward, Castro Valley, Union City, Fremont, San Leandro, San Ramon, Dublin and Pleasanton. If you need more information please go to that website.

there is a tasty, and good value indian been open at the top of soi 80 for a couple of months now. the chef from S&S now works there apparently. curry and nan and rice and pickles and large leo = 300B