Lesbian Capital Of Thailand? Of The World?

JomtienEats

Lesbians have great visibility in Chiang Mai. I don't think I've ever observed as many lesbians as I have here. Is it that it is particularly easy to spot the butch/femme pairings, is it a more easygoing place, greater numbers, or something else?

edit: Also beginning to see more western/thai lesbian pairings . . before it was all thai/thai.

Edited by JomtienEats

More lesbian then Lesbos? coffee1.gif

Easily so . . . .

>In 2008, a group of Lesbos islanders lost a court case against the Homosexual and Lesbian Community of Greece. The Lesbos islander group had requested a legal injunction to ban homosexual groups from using the word "lesbian" in their names, which the petitioners claim violated their human rights as it is "insulting" and disgraces them around the world.

They sound disgraceful all right.

so how many other Thai cities have you scoured for lesbians? in other words, the basis for your statement - the facts - not some half-baked theory based on limited observations.

Logic would say that the lesbian capital of Thailand is definitely Bangkok. But it's so big of course they get diluted. Darn that lesbian dilution!

• Like 2

I don't have Gaydar etc but curious what other people think.

How many of these Chinese girls who travel in pairs are lesbian?

I have no idea. Any guesses?

No Idea whatsoever ask jomtieneats.

He for some reason has put a lot of effort into it.

Maybe he has only been in a village and this is the first big city he has been in.

e11e3_76477.jpg

As the OP's research maybe more observational then demographic ... for the Lesbian Community, one City, on a per capita basis, does hold the title in Australia.

A recent television documentary called Destiny in Alice said the town became a "haven" for lesbians after several hundred women marched on the Pine Gap intelligence base in 1983.

"Many of the participants in the protests were lesbians who came, saw and decided to stay," the ABC said.

"Since then, the town of Alice Springs has become a haven for lesbians."

Here

For those who don't know where Alice Springs is in Australia ... it's about 1,200 klms from the middle of no-where (in any direction) and about 400 klms NNE of Ayers Rock.

alice-springs-map.jpg

The Lesbian Community and Alice Springs* ... certainly makes for a strange bedfellows.

*The Alice really is in the middle of no-where and it seems to me an unlikely lighthouse for their community.

And the OP knows that all these lesbian couples are indeed lesbian couples, how?

Exactly! without proper facts and figures,this kind of Post is totally meaningless! apart from in the eyes of the beholder.

Does it matter if peeps are gay, lebiam, straight or bi!

Not on an individual level . . but for a city, generally a visible gay and lesbian community is a very positive sign, indicating tolerance, open mindedness and creativity.

And also a very positive sign that people and the population in general are not that interested,or couldn't care less?

Does it matter if peeps are gay, lebiam, straight or bi!

Not on an individual level . . but for a city, generally a visible gay and lesbian community is a very positive sign, indicating tolerance, open mindedness and creativity.

And also a very positive sign that people and the population in general are not that interested,or couldn't care less?

Thailand is something else but in the west cities with lots of gays are usually quite aware of that and DO CARE in a positive way.