Visa To Australia For Family (Wife And 2 Kids)

Hi Guys and Gals,

I would like to return to Australia with my family. This includes my wife and two young children. If you can help, please assist with the following.....

The confusion

1. If children are Australian citizens (through application), is a child visa required (subclass 101)?

2. Is my wife required to submit a tourist visa (subclass 600) considering she has previously been granted a tourist visa

(year 2006)?

3. Is my wife required to obtain a tourist visa (subclass 600) before applying for a Partner temporary visa (subclass 309)?

4. If my wife applies for a Partner temporary visa (subclass 309), can she list the children on this visa, making
other child visas unnecessary? (SEE BELOW)*

---------------

*(http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/how-to-apply.htm)

Partner Visa: Offshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 309 and 100) Application charge

There is an application charge for this visa. This will usually not be refunded if your application is unsuccessful, or if you decide to withdraw your application after you have lodged it. The application charge covers you and all dependent

family members included in your application.

Note: You pay only one application charge even though:

by completing the application form, you automatically apply for a
temporary and permanent visa at the same time

you include dependent members of your family unit in your visa
application.

• Like 1

Hello there

In answer to your questions:

1. If children are Australian citizens (through application), is a child visa required (subclass 101)?

No, obtain Australian passports for the children and avoid the need for visa's.

2. Is my wife required to submit a tourist visa (subclass 600) considering she has previously been granted a tourist visa (year 2006)?

Your wife will require a visa to enter Australia. Obtaining a tourist visa 7 years ago is not relevant.

If you want her to come and live in Australia, she will need a spouse visa.

3. Is my wife required to obtain a tourist visa (subclass 600) before applying for a Partner temporary visa (subclass 309)?

No, but as the waiting period for S/C 309 visa's can be 12 months or more, she will require one to visit. You could always get your wife to apply for a tourist visa first, if it doesn't have condition "8503" on it "No Further stay", you can apply onshore. Depending on what you both want to do, you should decide what visa to apply for first. She can apply for a tourist visa either before, with or after lodging a spouse visa. BUT, if you want to try and lodge for a spouse visa onshore (Australia), it would be wise to lodge a "stand alone" tourist visa first.

4. If my wife applies for a Partner temporary visa (subclass 309), can she list the children on this visa, making
other child visas unnecessary? (SEE BELOW)*

Yes, IF the children are not Australian citizens. If they are, see answer 1 .

All the best.

Will

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

As said partner/spouse visa takes along time. Go for the tourist visa for a quicker result. My advice apply for partner when in Australia. Its cheaper here.

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As said partner/spouse visa takes along time. Go for the tourist visa for a quicker result. My advice apply for partner when in Australia. Its cheaper here.

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, but applying onshore will require a visa without 8503 condition. Seeing as it's her first visa since 2006 and she has 2 children and a husband, IMO, it would be unlikely 8503 would not be imposed.

You can only try and hope I guess.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Thanks David and Will....

You guys are awesome to help me out with these questions.....

I'd love to know someone like you in Australia!

I don't know the country or people so much because I've been out a long time, but geez, if people in general are as willing to help out as you guys, it'll be a great place to return to.

Thanks again guys for your time and effort.

Cheers!

I can't speak for Will27 (I've never met him in person, but a great bloke from what I have gleaned) but the reason I do it is because, when I was a newbie myself here, so many were willing to assist me.

So I give what I get ... has kept me honest thus far.

• Like 1

Thanks David and Will....

You guys are awesome to help me out with these questions.....

I'd love to know someone like you in Australia!

I don't know the country or people so much because I've been out a long time, but geez, if people in general are as willing to help out as you guys, it'll be a great place to return to.

Thanks again guys for your time and effort.

Cheers!

No probs mate.

Most of us on this sub-forum are here to help.

Thanks for the comments David48.

It's got me thinking, though, I wonder what has happened

to the forums previous "resident expert" Mr Burns?

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

It could also depend on the length of visit she would receive on her tourist visa, if a 6 month stint is granted - even on a single entry or 12 month multi-entry - if the 8503 is imposed, that's still a fair amount of time to get the permanent visa sorted or at least underway in terms of it being lodged.

A 3 month multi entry valid for 12 months makes things a little tighter with a couple of trips thrown in across the ditch (Australia's version of visa running) but possible nonetheless.

coconutmonkey how long has it been since you we're home? And where is home in Australia?

We applied for a spouse visa in November last year. The application was completed in December and a permanent resident visa subclass 100 was given 3 weeks ago. All up about 5 months, and my application was complicated !

Whilst we were waiting for the visa we applied for and were granted a 3 month tourist visa. We applied for both visas at the same time.

If you want to reside in Australia permanently just apply for the permanent resident visa now. It seems like you have been married for some time and have children so you will be able to obtain PR immediately. My wife and I have been married for 7 years and have a 4 year old daughter who became an Australian citizen with a passport- no visas required for here.

If you want any more info from my experience just pm me, I'm happy to pass on all my knowledge

Cheers

Jack

• Like 1