Virus Threat

NoshowJones

This is not new, I have asked about it before, and was given good advice by a Poster. I keep getting a "Virus has been Blocked" message, I had the problem about six months ago. and the Poster told me to download the Malware and Spyware protection, and to use CC cleaner every day. I have done this and now the Virus Blocked messages are coming on a few times every day. Anything else I can do about this?

I've never seen that message. What antivirus software are you using?

There are lots of Google results for the message: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&complete=0&site=webhp&btnG=Search&q=%22Virus%20has%20been%20Blocked%22

Thanks Jetset. I am using Avast, and it keeps blocking Malware. Malware can't detect anything wrong, everytime I screen it always comes up clear.

Does the "Virus Blocked" message have a "details" link or something?

Or does it mention a file name or web site address?

Thanks Chicog, I will find out the next time the message appears. Shouldn't have to wait too long.

Does the "Virus Blocked" message have a "details" link or something?

Or does it mention a file name or web site address?

Thanks Chicog, I will find out the next time the message appears. Shouldn't have to wait too long.

There was a lot of numbers etc, but for the most part, I picked out. Infection, HMTL-script-inf, Process, c:\ Documents and settings \ all users. Any thiughhts?

Not really sure whats going on but I dont like the latest Avast and I was a big fsnboy for years. The interface sucks.

I'd boot into Linux (yes, make a bootable usb) and pull all the personal data onto the usb. Place a folder beforehand on the stick and call the folder: autorun.inf

Reformat

Reinstall

Go to ninite.com and install your fave programs. Try MS Essentials instead of Avast. DL Spybot, Malwarebytes and SAS for good measure. Also dl GMER from its site and Kasperskys free rootkit killer.

If you have one virus, reformat! Who knows whats living on the drive!

Does it happen when you're surfing the internet ?.It could be blocking a malicious url.Happens to me when using Avast.Click on some site and then get a warning.

It sometimes happens when I am not using the internet. Like watching a film. It even happens when I am looking through Thaivisa.

Download: GMER and Kaspersky free rootkit. If you have rootkit, REINSTALL

If not...

If you have a solid Internet connection go to Trend Micro and install HouseCall. It needs an active connection.

After that, DL Eset trial and run that

Delete both.

Note: Turn Avast off for above.

Run all the following:

Spybot S/D

SuperSpyware

Malwarebytes

CCleaner

Glary Utilities

Bleachbit

Eusing Registry Cleaner

Reboot and check Hijackthis (dl) for mischief as well.

Its all free. I run all that stuff on my pc, yes.

Edited by bangkokburning

Dude - you asked and I told you how to deal with it.

Looks like you have done none of it.

Problem not gojng away by magic...

Yes I did, and a couple of them were not free. I will check my avast updates.