Rude Customer

lowprofile

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, another happy expat/tourist with the transport system here. smile.png

"No, I won't take a taxi." - if she has lived here for 7 years, she would know, there are no taxis here.

Could be a good marketing ploy by the supermarkets. Buy more than 1500 baht shopping and we will shuttle you home. Or, they could offer transport to their shoppers, for a fee. smile.png

If any business was to offer a pick-up / drop-off for customers, they could make a lot of money out of the transport issue here. smile.png

I mentioned in another thread, a hotel is offering this service to its customers now - complimentary.

Edited by NamKangMan

"No, I won't take a taxi." - if she has lived here for 7 years, she would know, there are no taxis here.

Could be a good marketing ploy by the supermarkets. Buy more than 1500 baht shopping and we will shuttle you home. Or, they could offer transport to their shoppers, for a fee. smile.png

If any business was to offer a pick-up / drop-off for customers, they could make a lot of money out of the transport issue here. smile.png

I mentioned in another thread, a hotel is offering this service to its customers now - complimentary.

Gee NKM is beatdeadhorse.gif again...

coffee1.gif

• Like 2

coffee1.gif

Well, the thread is about the rudeness of a customer, but she was only rude once she discovered she knew she was about to be "fed" to the tuk-tuk drivers outside. :) :)

YOU ROLL, WE'LL PROTEST!!!

coffee1.gif

Well, the thread is about the rudeness of a customer, but she was only rude once she discovered she knew she was about to be "fed" to the tuk-tuk drivers outside. smile.pngsmile.png

Of course she was... whistling.gif

Anyway, bless your dead horse beatin' heart mate. thumbsup.gif

Ahhhh, but if every supermarket, guest house, hotel etc did it at the same time - the tuk-tuks would be spread too thin to protest at all sites and beat up everyone.

Maybe it's time for those who have the most to lose from the transport debarcle here to stand up, the business community, because the Government, Phuket and Bangkok, are not doing anything.

Edited by NamKangMan

God don't give the taxi scum anything else to winge about or we will have supermarket blockades next

Quoting the OP: "I thought the Russians and Chinese were getting a bad reputation but the Germans still seem to rule supreme!". Suppose this lady would have chanced to be Norwegian, would you have said: "the Norwegians still seem to rule supreme"? Every population has its tiny share of extreme specimens.

Please stop being so reasonable and join in the Jerry-bashing. smile.png

• Like 1

Standing in line at the checkout in Villa Mart Chalong tonight behind a large Germanic woman who demanded a  car take her home with her purchases!!!!!

"I have been here 7 years, you are new, you don't know me, I shop here every week". "One of  the staff takes me home with my things, I give him 200 Baht". "I can't walk with them". "No, I won't take a taxi". "Where is the manager, go and get him". "Bring me a car"..... And the best one yet, "I am a good customer". Erm, no, actually, a good customer is one who is polite, you are just a rude, ignorant, overweight, bleached blonde German cow.

I thought the Russians and Chinese were getting a bad reputation but the Germans still seem to rule supreme!

That was me and I wasnt that rude. I said I wouldnt shop there again also

normally it's communication problem and i'm not making excuses for the Thai's, because the german froline is saying "car, car" and i bet the Thai girl on the checkout is pointing a row 4, i was in immigration last week and a Scandinavian guy was starting to loose it with the front desk, he didn't have photo copies and photo's, so the officer sent him down stairs to the copier place, he come back upstairs with all the wrong stuff, by now he was blowing his top, cursing and swearing, i simply said to him "just talk to these people, there are here to help you (tourist police)"they did help but told him not to carry on in that fashion in a government building, don't know if he got seen!!!!, but i think we've all been in some frustrating situation over here, these days i just roll with it, in fact i try to help when i see a farang struggling with the Thai ways.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The point is that Villa/Chalong was never a viable business opportunity. The ex-pats there are too frugal and nativized.

I encourage you TV members to visit the Villa store at Sukumvit Soi 33 to really see what the difference is.

In sum, Villa/Thailand is subsidizing Villa/Chalong because of the hope that, some day, the aging ex-pats will become big spenders --- despite the strengthening baht, and the weakening of the ex-pat wallet.

Nuff said and nuff surfed,

Trink

• Like 1

The point is that Villa/Chalong was never a viable business opportunity.  The ex-pats there are too frugal and nativized.

I encourage you TV members to visit the Villa store at Sukumvit Soi 33 to really see what the difference is.

In sum, Villa/Thailand is subsidizing Villa/Chalong because of the hope that, some day, the aging ex-pats will become big spenders --- despite the strengthening baht, and the weakening of the ex-pat wallet.

Trink

Bullshit. You obviously have no idea.

The shelves are full in the mornings and nearly bare by closing time. Many spenders buying up everything. Sometimes the milk is sold out by lunch.

Also, why are villa now expanding with new branches in Patong and Surin if the one in Chalong is doing badly?

I know people who used to drive from Surin and further just to purchase a jar of something from Villa Chalong. They are rejoicing now.

Comparing a city supermarket to an island destination is silly, I've been to nearly all the villa markets in Bangkok, the Changwattana one is so dead that you barely see another soul.

The sukumvit one is a mess, isles are disorganized and too busy.

• Like 1

The point is that Villa/Chalong was never a viable business opportunity. The ex-pats there are too frugal and nativized.

Trink

The shelves are full in the mornings and nearly bare by closing time. Many spenders buying up everything. Sometimes the milk is sold out by lunch.

Also, why are villa now expanding with new branches in Patong and Surin if the one in Chalong is doing badly?

I know people who used to drive from Surin and further just to purchase a jar of something from Villa Chalong. They are rejoicing now.

Comparing a city supermarket to an island destination is silly, I've been to nearly all the villa markets in Bangkok, the Changwattana one is so dead that you barely see another soul.

theres thousands of other people like this. Even central food hall is no match for a lot of things

Could she have been right ?

Possibly she could have been right about some agreement with the manager, but she wasn't right to start going at some lowly supermarket employee. She could have just politely asked to see the manager.

It's unreasonable to assume that every employee be briefed on every special arrangement made with every customer. If you're a returning customer at the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok, you might expect that the doorman will remember who you are, but not at some glorified 7-Eleven.

Actually TOPs does give free delivery for over 1500 baht so if it was me in that position vIlla would just have lost a regular customer.

Yes, but TOPS only deliver the goods not the customer too.....which is what she wanted. biggrin.png

Trink

And it looks like they are putting a VillaMarket shop in Boat Lagoon!!!!!! Hurray no more Chao Fa West traffic.

coffee1.gif

Well, the thread is about the rudeness of a customer, but she was only rude once she discovered she knew she was about to be "fed" to the tuk-tuk drivers outside. smile.pngsmile.png

Good luck to a "large fat lady" trying to get in or out of a tuk tuk, especially loaded with groceries. I have trouble and am only moderately fat.

Until the tuk tuk drivers burn the business to the ground?