Showering In Thailand

If you don't care to shower in the rain, then in Taiwan, you are free to soak in the floods.

Unforgettable.

So, bring some soap when you come to Taiwan.

Everyone gets very clean when it rains.

Edited by OldChinaHam

As I have said before,

"12 years ago when it rained over 2 meters in a day,

I took my soap

Went outside for a shower.

Heavenly"

That was in Taiwan

I have not seen much rain since I have been here,

Although there is a huge long topic about it in the CM forum.

No one in CM seems to know what a good rain actually looks like.

All they get here, as far as I can see, is just a sprinkle here

A tinkle there.

It often rains over 2 meters a day where I am from.

This is the truth.

Shower on the way to work CM

post-73727-0-17148100-1368544196_thumb.j

Edited by chiangmaikelly

Well maybe.

But we also have huge boulders being washed down from the mountains like they were pebbles.

Bridges washed out

Tourist buses plunging off cliffs after a good soak

Mud slides

And sinking buildings

Often the power goes off

And the humidity alone is enough to kill you.

I take cold showers when i am in the village because there is no running water or a water heater. Two chill scares a day are enough for me. But when i have a shower i feel comfortable in, i could do 3-4 times. It all depends on the type of shower and not so much on someone's hygienic habits..

De Naga hotel CM (3times)

post-70928-0-31909100-1368553723_thumb.j

Facilities @the village(twice)

post-70928-0-46128900-1368554587_thumb.j

Edited by Dancealot

3 normal showers a day for me sometimes 4

Morning

Evening.

After sex.

Yup pretty much the same here:-

Morning

Home after work (change for dinner)

Before bed

After nookie

After nookie

During nookie

After nookie ...... tongue.png

I'll second that.

Haven't had a proper Western style shower since being here, apart from a couple of hotel stays. I find the cool water from the tub is most refreshing and gives me an extra 10 seconds before breaking into a sweat.

Edited by Oishii

As I have said before, 

"12 years ago when it rained over 2 meters in a day,

I took my soap

Went outside for a shower.

Heavenly"

That was in Taiwan

I have not seen much rain since I have been here,

Although there is a huge long topic about it in the CM forum.

No one in CM seems to know what a good rain actually looks like.

All they get here, as far as I can see, is just a sprinkle here

A tinkle there. 

It often rains over 2 meters a day where I am from.

This is the truth.

2 metres a day? Find that hard to believe.

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I take cold showers when i am in the village because there is no running water or a water heater. Two chill scares a day are enough for me. But when i have a shower i feel comfortable in, i could do 3-4 times. It all depends on the type of shower and not so much on someone's hygienic habits..

attachicon.gifIMG_4567.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1492.jpg

In India back in the 90's it was a bucket, scoop and bar of soap. The landlady would offer me hot water every day....which would have meant chopping wood and building a fire at 6am.

I declined every time of course.

Nowadays you can't beat the rainshower at the Intercontinental Saigon. smile.png

The following stats are rainfall from cyclones in Taiwan. Well, of course it does not rain like this EVERY day. But having lived there we often read the local newspapers and occasionally we see it reported that places, particularly down near Kaohsiung will have rainfall of over 2000 mm in a 24 hour period. I know it sounds like a lot to you but Taiwan is a fairly wet place and everything is usually just about half waterlogged most of the time.

I am trying to post this table here from Wikipedia but I am not having much success. I am using one of those waterlogged laptops I brought over from Taiwan, I guess is the answer.

If you look here you can figure out the numbers, or you can go to Wikipedia and look at the original table .

Usually the power will go out and then the water supply. But this is not a problem to cause one not to shower, and I do often enjoy going outside when it rains in the summer time with a bar of soap. As I say, it is heavenly.

Wettest tropical cyclones and their remnants in Taiwan
Highest known recorded totals

Precipitation Storm Location Ref Rank mm in 1 3060 120.5 Morakot 2009 Alishan, Chiayi [275] 2 2319 91.3 Nari 2001 Wulai, New Taipei [276] 3 2162 85.1 Flossie 1969 Beitou, Taipei [275] 4 1987 78.2 Herb 1996 Alishan, Chiayi [277] 5 1774 69.8 Saola 2012 Yilan City [278] 6 1672 65.8 Carla 1967 Dongshan, Yilan [279] 7 1611 63.4 Sinlaku 2008 Heping, Taichung [280] 8 1561 61.5 Haitang 2005 Sandimen, Pingtung [281] 9 1546 60.9 Aere 2004 Miaoli County [282] 10 1500 59.1 Parma 2009 Yilan County [283

==============================================================================================

Morakot was really a soaker. It rained and it rained and it rained until it had rained three meters.

And then it rained some more.

That was a particularly rainy day I can tell you. I was there that day and many lost their lives. It was not half funny at all.

Edited by OldChinaHam

The following stats are rainfall from cyclones in Taiwan. Well, of course it does not rain like this EVERY day. But having lived there we often read the local newspapers and occasionally we see it reported that places, particularly down near Kaohsiung will have rainfall of over 2000 mm in a 24 hour period. I know it sounds like to you but Taiwan is a fairly wet place and everything is usually just about half waterlogged most of the time.

I am trying to post this table here from Wikipedia but I am not having much success. I am using one of those waterlogged laptops I brought over from Taiwan, I guess is the answer.

If you look here you can figure out the numbers, or you can go to Wikipedia and look at the original table .

Usually the power will go out and then the water supply. But this is not a problem to cause one not to shower, and I do often enjoy going outside when it rains in the summer time with a bar of soap. As I say, it is heavenly.

Precipitation Storm Location Ref Rank mm in 1 3060 120.5 Morakot 2009 Alishan, Chiayi [275] 2 2319 91.3 Nari 2001 Wulai, New Taipei [276] 3 2162 85.1 Flossie 1969 Beitou, Taipei [275] 4 1987 78.2 Herb 1996 Alishan, Chiayi [277] 5 1774 69.8 Saola 2012 Yilan City [278] 6 1672 65.8 Carla 1967 Dongshan, Yilan [279] 7 1611 63.4 Sinlaku 2008 Heping, Taichung [280] 8 1561 61.5 Haitang 2005 Sandimen, Pingtung [281] 9 1546 60.9 Aere 2004 Miaoli County [282] 10 1500 59.1 Parma 2009 Yilan County [283

another excellnt non-post.

rivalled only by CMK's ability to post off topic

• Like 1

"2 metres a day? Find that hard to believe."

Why?

You thought I meant 'every day'?

That's what you wrote.

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

IMG_4567.JPG

IMG_1492.jpg

first time in the village, I looked at the bathroom almost identical to this DA, I thought how do I climb in and out of this? Bloody deep bath though! Went and asked my wife for a ladder.

"That's what you wrote."

I must have been dreaming when I wrote it.

I thought it would be understood as slight hyperbole based on provable fact.

Seriously, I wish you could see it when it does rain over 2 meters in 24 hours.

If you are not in harms way, it is serious fun.

I think we can feel comfortable trusting the figures reported in Wikipedia in this case. They are based on the Central Weather Bureau's reporting in Taiwan.

As I say, plenty of water for a shower or two.

Edited by OldChinaHam

The following stats are rainfall from cyclones in Taiwan. Well, of course it does not rain like this EVERY day. But having lived there we often read the local newspapers and occasionally we see it reported that places, particularly down near Kaohsiung will have rainfall of over 2000 mm in a 24 hour period. I know it sounds like to you but Taiwan is a fairly wet place and everything is usually just about half waterlogged most of the time.

another excellnt non-post.

rivalled only by CMK's ability to post off topic

Because I am not constantly whining does not mean I am off topic.biggrin.png And as usual no examples only rumors and innuendo.tongue.png

• Like 1