Thai Woman Claims American Man Sexually Exploited Her, Seeks Justice From U S Embassy

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major-big Thai face thing in play here, of course.

Hmmm, I think I've got this.

She's got a jai dee Galahad type 'markin advising her, now.

And she's just gonna get stumphed again by one of these Internet playboys.

Absolutely nothing to do with "face" here. If anything, this woman is putting herself up for ridicule by going public. The "anti-face," if you will.

Why do farangs constantly bring up this face issue? It seems like a Thai can't take a dump without being accused of saving face. Some of us need to get a clue.

I wasn't going to comment further but wanted to clarify that she is complaining about the 'set-up' nothing more, nothing less

thai newspaper ad (in thai) specifically saying 'seeking university educated lady for marriage', thai 'secretary' answering the phone and luring her into false sense of security, lunch with 'secretary' and him to define him as 'genuine'. treated like s**t after the second occasion (a big mistake)

she was played, she knows it and admits it and now she wants to warn others. who is the sinner and who has been sinned against?

Yeah I see the value in exposing him. One man behaving badly (as she accuses anyway). I don't see the value in making this an international incident or suggesting its connected in any way to serious issues like human trafficking / rape, etc. It seems to me its also an exercise in whipping up some toxic xenophobia and as a foreigner here, that's not something to like.

Edited by Jingthing

Absolutely nothing to do with "face" here. If anything, this woman is putting herself up for ridicule by going public. The "anti-face," if you will.

Why do farangs constantly bring up this face issue? It seems like a Thai can't take a dump without being accused of saving face. Some of us need to get a clue.

Obviously, what comes from Berkshire has never left Berkshire.

It's ALL about face Berkshire.

Especially in these instances like this when "face" is all they have left.

You can expect anything when they feel they've been had.

Anything.

Self- immolation is an extreme measure but it's definitely in the range of options that includes virtually ***anything***

It is YOU who need to get up to speed on what (more than anything else) makes these people tick.

Or not.

Anything.

Self- immolation is an extreme measure but it's definitely in the range of options that includes virtually ***anything***

It is YOU who need to get up to speed on what (more than anything else) makes these people tick.

Or not.

Geez, DB, you're grasping at straws here. What we have is simply a woman scorned. Is this a Thai concept? Do western women never get a bit irrational when duped by a guy? Does every Thai women who gets dumped by an American make a B line for the American Consulate?

You can classify every single thing that a Thai does as a "face thing" if you want. But if this were a normal, cultural thing, why has this sort of thing never happened before? I don't recall any Thai woman going to an embassy to seek retribution under these circumstances. And around my circle of farang acquaintances, it happens all the time, i.e., guys bedding women and moving on to someone else. All the time.

Anything.

Or not.

Geez, DB, you're grasping at straws here. What we have is simply a woman scorned. Is this a Thai concept? Do western women never get a bit irrational when duped by a guy? Does every Thai women who gets dumped by an American make a B line for the American Consulate?

You can classify every single thing that a Thai does as a "face thing" if you want. But if this were a normal, cultural thing, why has this sort of thing never happened before? I don't recall any Thai woman going to an embassy to seek retribution under these circumstances. And around my circle of farang acquaintances, it happens all the time, i.e., guys bedding women and moving on to someone else. All the time.

nvm

Edited by binjalin

Move along...nothing to see here. ;) Think of it as Karmatic Payback at the cultural level for the hundreds of thousands of baht ignorant farangs have shelled out for sick buffaloes after their new TGF sleeps with them a couple of time. LOL. This ain't going nowhere.

That is interesting. Sources tell me it is this aspect - the alleged 'duping' which is at the crux of it.

If this guy has not 'done wrong' he can sue her for defamation and if she is lying he should do so!!! he certainly has enough evidence - this has a way to run

In the west anyway a promise is a unilateral contract and not enforceable.

If the girl gave him 'consideration' such as money or a item of measurable value then it could be considered an enforceable bilateral contract.

Perhaps intimate activity is being counted as 'consideration'

Does anyone know when this event took place? Are we talking recently?

I think the bilateral contract would be null and void in a money (consideration) for sexual intimacy (consideration) scenario. Most courts would define that as prostitution.

The reason it always comes up is BECAUSE it's true. Ignoring it won't make it go away or change the facts.

And if you don't accept the reality it earn you a trip to where ever 'non-Thais' end up BUT SOONER rather than later.

Then everyone can say 'som num naa' Like the Dutchman 'wooden shoes and wouldn't listen'

Edited by johnlandy
  • Like 1

Yeah, and it's the concept of "face" that is the reason lying is the norm for thais.

To gain face or avoid losing face, they lie constantly. It starts off on small things and then over time lying becomes "normal", and slightly bigger and bigger lies start to seem normal.

There are obviously some exceptions, but it is a very sour taste at the point that you find out how standard lying is here, and they don't even give it a second thought about doing it.

That's actually the most ridiculous part of this whole story - thai people lie all day long, then a farang does it and she goes to the media lol. The irony is hilarious.

• Like 1