Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra To Push For Better Life Of People With Disabilities

webfact

Swampy offers the best wheelchair assistance service of any airport I have been to by a long long way. However, once you leave the airport you are pretty much screwed.

My point all along. Having establishments WITH all the needs of the dissabled is fine BUT ouside of these F all.

If you are dissabled with no big money it's a lifetime of misery..and boredom at the family home. I admire these people, how they keep their chins up is unbelieveable.

• Like 2

Swampy offers the best wheelchair assistance service of any airport I have been to by a long long way. However, once you leave the airport you are pretty much screwed.

My point all along. Having establishments WITH all the needs of the dissabled is fine BUT ouside of these F all.

If you are dissabled with no big money it's a lifetime of misery..and boredom at the family home. I admire these people, how they keep their chins up is unbelieveable.

The people of Thailand (as in the man on the street) and very kind hearted toward disabled people which helps to keep chins up.

I see all the cars parked in the handicapped parking zone at Tesco and think there must be tens of thousands of disabled people in this country. Even disabled policemen, as I've seen police park in those spots as well.

Same applies in other countries, in the UK getting a disabled parking place in Tesco is almost non existent, I always ended up parking in the mother with brats spot, strangely enough they were closer to the entrance and 4 times as many spaces.

I cannot see how making buildings more accessible will help the physically disabled as the pavements are not even fit for abled bodied people to walk on safely.

Do the BTS stations have elevators ?

I think she may well be talking about her brother who is severely disabled. I have seen and heard such idealogy on so many previous occasions and they have the reslience of a sand castle . As to be expected little will be achieved.

I think she may well be talking about her brother who is severely disabled. I have seen and heard such idealogy on so many previous occasions and they have the reslience of a sand castle . As to be expected little will be achieved.

Are you mocking people with disabilities? If you are shame on you.

I don't live in a tourist area. The people here including baht bus drivers are nice to people with disabilities. The baht bus always waits while a handicapped person is helped on to the bus. There are some crazy people live here but for the most part people are nice to them. One man steals stuff from the local food merchants and they let him get something small before they chase him away or throw water on him. But it is not an angry confrontation; both parties smile. It would be nice if the issue could be discussed without politics.

Did you read the article? It had nothing to do with private enterprise or traffic. It was all about Government buildings. Hard to keep politics out of that.

I like the closing line

"Ms. Yingluck stressed that the government has never considered the

disabled a burden but would rather see them as the nation's driving

force."

The government has never considered the disabled a burden.

That is because they have never considered them at all.sad.png

• Like 1

Of course, it would be too hard or practical to set up a way that people can call the bloody government offices without having to physically go there at all right?

You are talking abou people with disabiligties?

Computer age....but paper still rules....so forget about Thailand going to digitalise anything for disable people...let alone as a service... There is too much Tea money to loose. Keep the tread mill....it looks healthier for the ignorant mind.

Beg to differ this will require a lot of construction work in all the buildings plenty of room for corruption.

It dosen't matter if the people go in to the building or do it on a computer it will cost the tax payers a bundle. It is work that should have been done long ago say like ten years ago.

Just hopefully they will follow through on it. ( I think they will as there is a lot of chances to skim money) To my way of thinking any time a building that is open to the public like shopping malls and what not they should have mandatory requirements for the disabled.

I see all the cars parked in the handicapped parking zone at Tesco and think there must be tens of thousands of disabled people in this country. Even disabled policemen, as I've seen police park in those spots as well.

I saw a car doing that at Home Pro and they'd parked at such an angle that they were taking up two disabled spaces so my view they were taking the piss twice.

Or, severely mentally disabled.

Maybe they couldent read.

Last time I checked Thailand was to big on doing any thing for real education.

• Like 1

I saw a car doing that at Home Pro and they'd parked at such an angle that they were taking up two disabled spaces so my view they were taking the piss twice.

Or, severely mentally disabled.

Maybe they couldent read.

Last time I checked Thailand was to big on doing any thing for real education.

Oh where to start.Dolly mate.......biggrin.png

• Like 1

Those were some of the more shareable words flying around social media Wednesday morning as people reacted to a story from the New York Post that "rich Manhattan moms" have discovered a way to skip lines at Disney World: They hire disabled guides "to pose as family members" so they can skip to the front.

Maybe Thailand could introduce a service like this?

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/15/us/disney-skipping-lines/index.html