Toddler Dies After Being Left In Thai School Bus

webfact

Toddler dies after being left in Thai school bus

BANGKOK, May 15, 2013 (AFP) - A three-year-old boy has died after being left inside a private school bus for several hours in sweltering heat, Thai police said Wednesday, the second such death of a toddler in recent weeks.

Suriyakarn Thakan was found unconscious inside the cab of a pick-up truck which was being used to transport children to a nursery school in northeastern Si Sa Ket province bordering Cambodia on Tuesday afternoon.

"For two hours doctors tried to resuscitate him... but they couldn't," Lieutenant Colonel Thinakorn Dechalert of the local police told AFP by telephone.

It was due to be the child's second day at nursery.

Police said the driver of the pick-up has been charged with negligence resulting in the death of another person, while the nursery teacher who owns the vehicle would be questioned by police on Thursday.

His death follows that of a three-year-old girl who was found in a coma after being left in a school bus for four hours outside Bangkok in early April.

She died in intensive care a fortnight later, prompting police to charge a teacher and the bus driver with gross negligence.

The cases have sparked an outcry over lax child safety standards in Thailand, where summer temperatures routinely soar beyond 35 degrees Celsius (95 Fahrenheit).

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-05-15

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually a fairly regular tragedy, google it. Sometimes parents forget they have a kid in the back, lock the car and come back hours later to find their little treasure dead. Imagine the anguish. And then they have to go to jail to think about it further.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no excuse in the world for this trajedy..What on earth was the driver thinking?...How hard is it to make sure and clearly see that the cab has no children left inside ...WAKE UP PEOPLE!

• Like 2

Although what you say may be true, one only has to look at the difference in the justice systems. People who are responsible for this type of thing in the US are held accountable.

Has that happened here? Will that happen here? When it does, you let me know, ok......thumbsup.gif

In the case last month, the people responsible have been charged. Who knows where it will get to, but at least they were charged.

How on earth do you miss a child in the cab of a pick up <deleted>? They're not exactly massive even in four door configuration.

There's not enough info in this story.

Terrible.

Were these people not aware of what happened to the little girl a month ago.

RIP little man.

with comics to read and cartoons and soaps on TV,.... i doubt they were.

sad and angry , rip

• Like 1

Although what you say may be true, one only has to look at the difference in the justice systems. People who are responsible for this type of thing in the US are held accountable.

Has that happened here? Will that happen here? When it does, you let me know, ok......thumbsup.gif

In the case last month, the people responsible have been charged. Who knows where it will get to, but at least they were charged.

Being charged here means nothing. Remember mu ham, the guy who killed and maimed people because a bus cut of his mercedes...look up the case...was justice done?

Again I reiterate, being charged in Thailand means NOTHING except time to get out you wallet and start negotiating.

Edited by Kilgore Trout
  • Like 1

This fills me with both rage and despair, it is outrageous and unforgivable and indicates a callous indifference toward life.

If these are the people responsible for thailand's future, there is little hope.

Thats where Thailand is right now... All hope is gone... Stupid only gets stupider with each generation.... -sic-

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 2

This fills me with both rage and despair, it is outrageous and unforgivable and indicates a callous indifference toward life.

If these are the people responsible for thailand's future, there is little hope.

Thats where Thailand is right now... All hope is gone... Stupid only gets stupider with each generation.... -sic-

I really do worry sometimes. The ignorance, permissiveness, and blind stupidity is astonishing.

• Like 1

ep, me too - and I get sick of hearing "oh how the Thais love children so much", then reading this (again) and every day seeing kids on motorcycles with zero protection...pure hypocrisy, like so many things in this place

But there is hope!

More and more half thai half farang children are born,so somehow the IQ is going to multiply with 100 (or more)

this will be the smart generation .But they will have to get to the top ...and that will be not easy.

"oh how the Thais love children so much........never seen ! They dont give a sh#t about any thing else than themselves !

And if you counter them .......wach out for the kichen nife !beatdeadhorse.gif

• Like 1

agree.

Indeed this is horrible but to blame only Thai's and to say don't "they" know is also not fair to the country we live in.

Google - "child left in car dies" and the first result finds a news story from the US... "Since 1990, 615 children have perished from being left in a car."

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/lees_summit/child-left-in-car-dies-how-this-could-happen-to-any-parent#ixzz2TMAfx2Ta

This little boy wasn't left in a car though. He was in a bus under the supervision of 'professionals'.

I wonder how many children in Thailand have perished from being left in a car. Or not wearing a seatbelt. Or falling off a motorbike...

Edited by Kananga
  • Like 1