Proper Massage To Relieve Lower Back Pain In Patong

gppower

I will spend a couple of weeks in Patong. I would like to take the opportunity to have some massage to try and relieve my lower back pain. I don't mind if it is oil or thai style massage although I found in the past the latter too hard and therefore unpleasant. I am open to suggestions though.

Needless to say I am not interested in any "special" or extra service.

Very often it is not all the personnel in a massage parlour that are really good so I would appreciate if you could suggest not only where to go but also the name of the masseur/euse. You can PM me if you are not confortable at divulgating names in the open forum.

Edited by gppower

You should try two places: 1) Turn right as you go out of Bangla Road onto Beach Road, it's the first massage on the left side of the street. 2) the last massage shop in the basement of Jungceylone on the right side if you enter from the Bangla road side.

Sweet Lemongrass or MAybe just lemongrass massage - Just off Nani soi 2, its on trip advisor

Yip, sweet lemongrass massage, nanai soi 8, as eezergood said, the highest rated massage place on tripadviser with over 335 reviews, proper spa massages and treatments at ordinary shop prices, best to call and make an appointment, they are always busy 0815379099

• Like 2

Sweet Lemongrass or MAybe just lemongrass massage - Just off Nani soi 2, its on trip advisor

Yip, sweet lemongrass massage, nanai soi 8, as eezergood said, the highest rated massage place on tripadviser with over 335 reviews, proper spa massages and treatments at ordinary shop prices, best to call and make an appointment, they are always busy 0815379099

Also found them very good.thumbsup.gif

I am sure the above-referenced parlor provides good service, but in my own experience massage, as well as stretching, yoga, chiropractic, etc were all ineffective at relieving back pain over the long term.

What worked for me after years of suffering was a set of exercises to strengthen back, abs,ass and upper legs.

Try doing hyperextensions to begin.

The traditional Thai massage (Wat Po Style) can actually be a torture session for people with severe back pain.

Things like getting a massage, swimming or other activities where you take the stress off your back muscles will give short-term relief, but can actually exacerbate the underlying problem.

Anyway, that's my experience, for what it's worth. I hope you can find a solution because lower back pain really sucks.

• Like 1

Can't really help with recommendations, but a bloke was telling me recently about wanting a therapeutic-style massage and the person doing the work was obviously not as qualified as she said she was - he ended up in hospital as a result of it. Wouldn't you be better off getting recommendations from a health car professional?

• 5 months later...

"Mum" at Mee Massage in Nanai Rd (Next to Cello Hotel) is excellent.

Easily identified by her large smile and the dinky over shoulder, small handbag.

She is chosen by other massage ladies in the area when they have a problem....

She doesn't work all the time so its probably an idea to phone to see if she is available 08-7227-0192.

www.facebook.com/meemassage

Conflict of interest......Mee is my local and I go there a couple of times a week:-) Easy to park the motorbike at the door.

Edited by baldman

• 6 months later...

Very few real medical massage places in phuket...

If anybody looks for a medical or sports massage in phuket, go see Art and Tik at www.vayomassagephuket.com , certified for medical massages.

If you don't know where to find this kind of places, people have no idea where to find real professional massage therapists in phuket as most places are mostly for entertainment...

Many muay thai athletes go there for sports massage as well.

Very few real medical massage places in phuket...

If anybody looks for a medical or sports massage in phuket, go see Art and Tik at www.vayomassagephuket.com , certified for medical massages.

If you don't know where to find this kind of places, people have no idea where to find real professional massage therapists in phuket as most places are mostly for entertainment...

Many muay thai athletes go there for sports massage as well.

Original question was more than a year ago.

This seems to be spam.

• Like 2

it's not spam.

You always have people coming on holidays or looking for a good massage place with certified therapist.

I know patong and i know those people at vayo massage phuket, and i hear about many people happy to find this place to get a medical massage.

If you did not study and are not certified, you can not provide this kind of massage.

If you know patong, you know what most massage places are like so its hard to find a professional massage therapist, there might be others like mentioned in this thread, well i know this place and i can recommend it.

Check out their reviews on tripadvisor, you don't get 25 Five stars reviews if you are not good at what you do.

So If some people read this thread after searching on google, they might be happy to go check out this place, does not matter when the subject was started, thats why what i posted this address.

Edited by phuketlive

Can't really help with recommendations, but a bloke was telling me recently about wanting a therapeutic-style massage and the person doing the work was obviously not as qualified as she said she was - he ended up in hospital as a result of it. Wouldn't you be better off getting recommendations from a health car professional?

I'm with you on this one Ping.

I would be seeking proper medical attention first. If you go for an ordinary massage, no matter how well they come recommended, they could do more damage to whatever is causing you the pain at the moment - possibly a herniated disc.

If the doctor gives the ok for remedial soft tissue massage, fine, but I would be getting checked out first, possibly need X-Rays etc.

it's not spam.

You always have people coming on holidays or looking for a good massage place with certified therapist.

I know patong and i know those people at vayo massage phuket, and i hear about many people happy to find this place to get a medical massage.

If you did not study and are not certified, you can not provide this kind of massage.

If you know patong, you know what most massage places are like so its hard to find a professional massage therapist, there might be others like mentioned in this thread, well i know this place and i can recommend it.

Check out their reviews on tripadvisor, you don't get 25 Five stars reviews if you are not good at what you do.

So If some people read this thread after searching on google, they might be happy to go check out this place, does not matter when the subject was started, thats why what i posted this address.

You say it's not spam and give the impression you have no connection with the place, yet for your first (ever?) post on Thaivisa you drag up an old thread to laud a place you just know of. And, you advertise their web address and have researched their ratings on Trip Advisor!

I do know Patong, my wife runs 2 massage places in the town. I remember this thread from a year ago and decided then not to take advantage of the chance to push her businesses on the forum,

In fact I agreed with the advice given by a couple of posters about a place in Jung Ceylon. Guy by the name of Nairn (or similar) is an expert, with medical knowledge, who greatly assisted me with a serious shoulder injury some years ago.

• Like 1

well, that was my first post yes, there's always a first time and i will post on other subjects later.

and like you say, OC, there are probably a few other good places to recommend about medical massage and people with the skills.

The place you mention are maybe good too, i recommend this one because i know that the people there are qualified.

Up to people to check out the places and see what seems to be what they are looking for.

And i see a lot of people looking for real therapists, this forum is a good place to talk about it and mention the ones we discover or know.

Edited by LivinginKata
off topic comment removed