Need Info About Cancelling Internet Contract

zeekgarcia

Since it seems that most internet companies have you sign up for 12 months of internet service what happens if you move to another place and the internet company does not service the new place that you move to but you have some months left on the contract.

Can you cancel the contract and are there any early cancellation charges etc?

Do you still have to pay for the remaining months and then try to cancel the service?

Anyone know anything about this with 3bb, tot adsl or fiber, true adsl or fiber also.

I tried to ask the customer service reps but they did not know what to say or they did not understand what I was talking about.

I think that you may end up paying for the free Router/Wifi router they if they gave you one when you had the service installed and used it for less than 12 Months. Talking with some of my Thai staff they say if the same provider cannot provide the service in your new location you will not get any penalty just pay to end of the current bill month. Good luck if that really the case.

My understanding is that you can shift a 3BB 12m contract to a new address.

There may be a charge if a new cable to your house has to be set-up,

but the techos can do this within a couple of days and charge ~ 600B. AA

I suspect cancellation terms are covered in the contract. We support True DSL in many locations, and when I asked I was told that for most residential accounts under 12 months there is a 3 month "penalty". After 12 months the contract can be cancelled with one month's notice by the customer, who usually ends up paying for the current billing period (month).

Edited by lomatopo

I suspect cancellation terms are covered in the contract. We support True DSL in many locations, and when I asked I was told that for most residential accounts under 12 months there is a 3 month "penalty". After 12 months the contract can be cancelled with one month's notice by the customer, who usually ends up paying for the current billing period (month).

I've asked exactly the same questions at the shops, I got the wife to sign up to TRUE 50 Meg and 3BB Premier in Korat, I am in a rental property and don't expect to stay longer than 6 months.. Their answer was as pointed out by lomatopo is that they will penalise you 3 months.

However in Pattaya, I cancelled TRUE 100 meg (in my name) after only 4 months with no penalty due to frequent downtime and regular service calls.

I also had 3BB in Pattaya but it was over 12 months, although they told me to take my router to Korat and I am still using it (as configured in Pattaya), they did also make the wife sign a new 12 month contract.