Thai-Japanese Care Service For Elderly Initiated

webfact

Thai-Japanese care service for elderly initiated
By English News

136867039122.jpg

BANGKOK, May 16 – Thailand and Japan are cooperating in a project on long-term care service development for the elderly, the Thai Public Health Ministry has announced.

Public Health Minister Pradit Sintavanarong said the scheme, starting this year, will cover six pilot provinces and continue for five years.

Thailand is rapidly becoming an ageing society compared to other Asian countries while the government is planning to increase child birth rate from an average 1.5 persons to 2.1 persons per family to build a balanced population, he said.

According to the 2011 survey, Thailand’s nine million elderly people represented 12 per cent of the total population while those aged above 80 increased from 10 per cent in 2000 to 13 per cent in 2010.

Permanent secretary for public health Narong Sahametapat said six pilot provinces where the Thai-Japanese project on care service development for the elderly will be carried out are Khon Kaen, Chiang Rai, Surat Thani, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima and Bangkok.

Under the joint scheme, health service and the welfare system will be integrated and developed for the elderly to improve their quality of life with their families and communities.

Thailand aims to become a regional learning centre and role model among Southeast Asian countries on care service for the elderly, he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-05-16

the government is planning to increase child birth rate from an average 1.5 persons to 2.1 persons per family to build a balanced population, he said.

I have a vision of red shirts in the bedroom, urging citizens to do their duty. Failure to do so will result in a hearing with one of Tarits well trained community justice professionals. Or, alternatively, they may burn your house down.

"Thailand’s nine million elderly people represented 12 per cent of the
total population while those aged above 80 increased from 10 per cent in
2000 to 13 per cent in 2010

Can this be right?

Those over 80 are greater at 13% than the elderly?

If the figures are wrong the whole article is poorly reseached.

• Like 1

what? they want more people ? come on ... as if we are not with enough people enough in this world... i know what could work : child allocation as in western countries... some certain families start to breed 5-10 children and they pay off their house loan, car, hollidays with it , not that they care of the welfare of the children, they leave them on the street where most likely end up in crime

the government is planning to increase child birth rate from an average 1.5 persons to 2.1 persons per family to build a balanced population, he said.

I have a vision of red shirts in the bedroom, urging citizens to do their duty. Failure to do so will result in a hearing with one of Tarits well trained community justice professionals. Or, alternatively, they may burn your house down.

if birthrate is under 2.......this population will disappear in a few genarations!

2 couples (4 people )with each 1 baby ,results after 1 generation in 1 couple .So in 1generation(18years) half of the population is gone.Shocking isn't it ?

2 couples with each 4 children ,will result after 1 generation in 12 people ,so from 2 to 12. So islam population multiplies 6 time in 1 generation ,this is

verry fast,

Today 2milj islam immigrants on total population of 9 milj in Belgium(fact).

In 2045:from 6 milj authochtone belgiums to 1.5 milj and from 2 milj islam immigrants to 8 milj !!!!!!!

Wonder who will run europe in 36 years ?

That's why i chose to live here with my children ,europe is finished thats a fact .

btw i'm not a racist .

if birthrate is under 2.......this population will disappear in a few genarations!

2 couples (4 people )with each 1 baby ,results after 1 generation in 1 couple .So in 1generation(18years) half of the population is gone.Shocking isn't it ?

2 couples with each 4 children ,will result after 1 generation in 12 people ,so from 2 to 12. So islam population multiplies 6 time in 1 generation ,this is

verry fast,

Today 2milj islam immigrants on total population of 9 milj in Belgium(fact).

In 2045:from 6 milj authochtone belgiums to 1.5 milj and from 2 milj islam immigrants to 8 milj !!!!!!!

Wonder who will run europe in 36 years ?

That's why i chose to live here with my children ,europe is finished thats a fact .

btw i'm not a racist .

I don't see how any one could call you a racist over a honest set of facts about a religious group.

I have seen them on BBC declaring they were going to take over the world.

They might have a bit of a problem in North America although they resumed their killing of innocent people.ore to come but they will never get the foot hold they have in Europe.

"According to the 2011 survey, Thailand’s nine million elderly people
represented 12 per cent of the total population while those aged above
80 increased from 10 per cent in 2000 to 13 per cent in 2010."

Always fun to read Thai media reports featuring numbers.

Very surprised by the low fertility rate, the CIA World Fact Book puts it at just 1.66 children born / woman, about half what I would have guessed. For the sake of comparison the fertility rate in the Philipines is 3.10, Laos 2.98, USA 2.06, UK 1.90, France 2.08, Japan 1.39, China 1.55.

Agree with CPT

Obviously a jourrno without basic math has cut and paste some hand out.

No doubt you are surprised by birth rates if you only attact and encounter esp fertile citizens

Are you using Axe by any chance

"Thailand’s nine million elderly people represented 12 per cent of the

total population while those aged above 80 increased from 10 per cent in

2000 to 13 per cent in 2010

Can this be right?

Those over 80 are greater at 13% than the elderly?

If the figures are wrong the whole article is poorly reseached.

Also 9 million elderly being 12 of total population means total population of 75 million people.

I thought Thailand had 60 million people, but seems they just had a 25 % increase in population.