Average (Probable) Condo Monthly Maintenance Charges?

I'm thinking of buying a condo, would likely be a used 2br, aroud 60sqm, and around 1m-1.5m baht.

May or may not have a pool, probably 2 elevators and small grounds.

I’m interested in hearing about normal maintenance charges. (and any other charges not inc. elec + water) I really have no idea.

1k p/m, 3k p/m, 7k p/m?

Any people have educated opinions or experience?

Thanks.

Yes. It's four buildings, 144 units in total, all overlooking a pool and large garden area.

The fees have remained at 300baht/sqm/year since the condo was completed 9 years ago. The early payment discount was doubled to 10% two years ago.

• Like 1

mine is the same 300baht per square meter. I may be wrong but I think you are very optomistic if you expect to buy a nice 2 bed 60 sqm condo for 1-1.5 million. Would be interested where these can be found.

My electric ranges from 600-1600 pm and water is negligble (less than 100 baht pm if i recall correctly)

• Like 1

mine is the same 300baht per square meter. I may be wrong but I think you are very optomistic if you expect to buy a nice 2 bed 60 sqm condo for 1-1.5 million. Would be interested where these can be found.

My electric ranges from 600-1600 pm and water is negligble (less than 100 baht pm if i recall correctly)

There's a few around, if you look. Check out Thai property sites as opposed to ones geared towards Westerners. :)

Is your electric paid at government rates, or does the management give you a bill with a nice % add on for themselves, as in rented condos? Thanks.

They maybe utilizing any sinking fund to keep the cam fees lower than they should be.

If you are interested in a specific condo, ask for the financials, should disclose total sq meters and then just divide that figure into the costs in the p/l to give you a guideline.

This is the real wild card when buying a condo..management..can have an enormous impact on the quality, plus type of co- owners is another consideration.

Go visit multiple times, just sit in the lobby and observe..

2 bed in an older building on the outskirts of Bangkok maybe within our budget..

• Like 1

There's a few around, if you look. Check out Thai property sites as opposed to ones geared towards Westerners. smile.png

Is your electric paid at government rates, or does the management give you a bill with a nice % add on for themselves, as in rented condos? Thanks.

ok thanks I will have a look. My electric is at government rates, when i rented an apartment the electric was loaded and ranged from 1200-2500, partly because of the higher rate and partly because of the ancient inefficient a/c

• Like 1

They maybe utilizing any sinking fund to keep the cam fees lower than they should be.

If you are interested in a specific condo, ask for the financials, should disclose total sq meters and then just divide that figure into the costs in the p/l to give you a guideline.

This is the real wild card when buying a condo..management..can have an enormous impact on the quality, plus type of co- owners is another consideration.

Go visit multiple times, just sit in the lobby and observe..

2 bed in an older building on the outskirts of Bangkok maybe within our budget..

Good idea to just go and sit there a few times.

It's the possibilities of useless/corrupt/mafia management that is a worry in buying such a place.

Outer suburbs of BKK there are plenty around in the price range. There's even a 100sqm 2br in Huay Kwang for 600k. Now that's a doer-upper by the look of it.

Put 200-300k into it though and you could probably double your money selling it on soon enough.