Seiko Watch Service

Riggi

Try the one near night bazaar. Actually somewhat between Edison shop and Wang Come. If I am not Mistaken, the shop is called TIME. It has two access ways. It also seems to be the biggest shop there. I had my son's watch repaired there.

• Like 2

Try the one near night bazaar. Actually somewhat between Edison shop and Wang Come. If I am not Mistaken, the shop is called TIME. It has two access ways. It also seems to be the biggest shop there. I had my son's watch repaired there.

We have had watches repaired there and batteries replaced for over 25 years now. Real nice guy and knows what he is doing.

• Like 1

Thanks all. I went to the place near the night bazaar today. He is a nice guy.

I can't believe I never noticed such a large watch shop was there before. I must have walk past it dozens of times and never even realised it was there.

• Like 1

I gave up watches years ago but I would ask around at Central Plaza first. I find the Thais who live and work in town very knowledgeable and helpful, when it comes to pointing you in the right direction.smile.png

VF, you need a Casio Pro Trek Titanium. I've had mine since 2005. Solar charged, internal battery. No issues in all that time and it still has the same battery installed. smile.png

Edited by Garry

I gave up watches years ago. smile.png

VF, you need a Casio Pro Trek Titanium. I've had mine since 2005. Solar charged, internal battery. No issues in all that time and it still has the same battery installed. smile.png

My point about giving up watches was perhaps too cryptic. Except as jewelry, I don’t see any need for watches these days.

The computer, the car, the bike, all have clocks, and of course there is the ubiquitous iPhone which does everything. Besides my increments of time are more basic and less exacting these days. It might be time to get up or time to go to bed. It could be morning, afternoon or night. It might even be time for me to eat or to feed the dogs. An actual clock is seldom necessary it seems.

I am sure, in the bottom of some drawer, there is an old do-everything Casio, with a dead battery and a moldy wristband.wink.png

I gave up watches years ago. smile.png

My point about giving up watches was perhaps too cryptic. Except as jewelry, I don’t see any need for watches these days.

The computer, the car, the bike, all have clocks, and of course there is the ubiquitous iPhone which does everything. Besides my increments of time are more basic and less exacting these days. It might be time to get up or time to go to bed. It could be morning, afternoon or night. It might even be time for me to eat or to feed the dogs. An actual clock is seldom necessary it seems.

I am sure, in the bottom of some drawer, there is an old do-everything Casio, with a dead battery and a moldy wristband.wink.png

Understood, as a timepiece is still a necessary tool for me, considering a lot of my work can be time stamped to the hour. It took me some time to source a watch that virtually doesn't require any maintenance. I have my collection of old timepieces somewhere as well. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I never noticed such a large watch shop was there before. I must have walk past it dozens of times and never even realised it was there.

I am thinking of buying a Seiko. Did you notice if he had a good range? Also will you please give me more explicit directions to the shop.

I am thinking of buying a Seiko. Did you notice if he had a good range? Also will you please give me more explicit directions to the shop.

Seeing how the vast majority of your posts are in the Chiang Mai Forum, I was just wondering if you may be in the wrong place? It does happen sometimes.wink.png

If you are on the main street, with the night bazaar on your right, the shop is about 20 or 30 meters ahead on the left side of the road. It's on the the corner.

I didn't really notice if he had any/many Seikos.

Edited by Riggi

There is a Seiko dealership in Kad Suan Kao, the shopping centre next to Ram hospital in Chiang Ma. Second floor from memory at the front of the building.

Let me see . . . maybe 100 baht for a battery and more than 500 baht for fuel to drive to Chiang Mai and return. Yup . . . sounds like a good idea!

There is a Seiko dealership in Kad Suan Kao, the shopping centre next to Ram hospital in Chiang Ma. Second floor from memory at the front of the building.

Let me see . . . maybe 100 baht for a battery and more than 500 baht for fuel to drive to Chiang Mai and return. Yup . . . sounds like a good idea!

I just assumed iancnx and Saan were talking to each other, so I thought I might stay out of it.smile.png