Adoptions In Thailand

junglechef

Looking for information on the possibility of adopting here. A kid of any descent or ethnicity preferably a baby or younger child. Probably going using my Thai GF would be a good avenue. If someone has personal exp. it would really be good to hear about it.

So you are a single guy just having a 'Thai GF'... In Europe you would defenitely not be qualified to adopt a minor, just because you lack any family structure (what also is what the child needs) and especially being a single man will you never pass any examination.

• Like 1

It's a very difficult process involving multiple trips to Bangkok for interviews with police and psychologists. A few people have stayed in a house next to me for up to 6 months while going through the process. The lawyer or agency often rents the house out for the clients. I've talked with a few of them (Americans, Germans and Canadians). The German couple gave up after 6 months and no final decision. They had both lost their jobs waiting. Doubt if a single guy would be considered though.

Thanks for the input. Just to clear up any confusion from errant assumptions I do have a family structure, which I agree is very good for children and is one of the original reasons for thinking of adoption after my frequent visits to local orphanages, with my Thai son, who I am the legal father of in Thai law, and my two other boys who have lived with us for years. But I am concerned with here not Europe as I originally posted. As Mario2008 helpfully posted if says in #11: Four photographs of the applicant and spouse (if any). But I understand not being married, which is a status that could be easily changed, is not going to make the process any easier. I'll search into it a bit more as I'm only at the point of looking into options that also include having another child with my partner but knowing there are so many kids in need of a good home I felt it would be wonderful to be able to provide one for a child less fortunate than my own.

Anybody have any thoughts or info on foster care or if there is something similar in Thailand.