Ais 3G 2100 Pattaya

Upnotover

Has anybody actually got this? I have had many (15+) SMS messages from AIS telling me to go to Telewiz for a new free SIM card that supports the 2100 service, so far I have been 3 times to Telewiz, 1st time come back 1 hour, system not work, 2nd time blank look, no have, 3rd time come back tomorrow, system not work. Just wondering if the whole thing is some kind of wind up.

Try Telewiz Big C - South. They swapped mine out and I have 3G now

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow, I've been going to the one at Big C Extra.

Saturdays are busy - better a weekday morning I found

What is this new 3G that they are advertising ? 3G is 3G and there is no new 3G anywhere in the world !

Seems they are changing from 900 (850?) MHz to 2100 MHz so its not new but different.

Is a new SIM necessary if one already has a data enabled SIM card? If ones phone supports the 2100 MHz frequency I think one can just register for the service online at the AIS eService website.

What is this new 3G that they are advertising ? 3G is 3G and there is no new 3G anywhere in the world !

Seems they are changing from 900 (850?) MHz to 2100 MHz so its not new but different.

Is a new SIM necessary if one already has a data enabled SIM card? If ones phone supports the 2100 MHz frequency I think one can just register for the service online at the AIS eService website.

I've had a data contract for 2 years, my phone will work on 2100, but AIS keep sending me this message;

"AIS 3G will be available in your area May 2013. Please

contact AIS Shop/Telewiz to change your SIM (free) to support remote upgrade

when AIS 3G is available"

So I guess I will keep trying!

I was 'upgraded' (remotely - no new SIM) last week and unless you're in town the difference on the darkside seems negligible. However in town the speed appears to have improved....a bit....

AIS has put up a few ads with instruction to sign up for the 'new' 3g in Thai papers is that you dial *988*and your national ID number then# and you'll be enrolled and wait your turn to move to the new service,

For those of us that don't have thai ID number, I suppose we'll have to go in to the local AIS shop and tell them in person.

The reason being that the new frequency is bought under a subsidiary company, so technically they just can't move people to the new service automatically, you'll have to explicitly tell them.

• 2 months later...