Mukdahan To Trat

irishken

Anyone know the bast option for getting to Trat from Mukdahan. I know the yellow bus to Patts runs close enough along that route but where would i get off and get a connecting bus to Trat. Other suggestions also greatly appreciated

Buses & Vans in Chanthburi go up country, a much bigger population base than Trat.

From Chant, I know that Si SaKet is serviced by crazy white vans next to Tesco and I have been told that their are daily buses to Sarin/ Ubon Ratchathani from the bus station around the corner.

The last time I ventured to Mudahan I went to Bangkok and flew to Nakon Phanom and then it was a 50 min drive to the Mudahan/ Savannakhet border. I hate traveling on buses in Thailand & just do not do it.

Are you doing a Visa run?

As much as you may laugh at this suggestion, if you have a few days up your sleeve, consider a train to Ubon. If you are just wandering around abit and looking for an excuse to explore, it is a good way. I would suggest spending 1000B on a lonely planet Thailand book if you are going to do this much though., they often have many hotels near train stations listed.

Getting to Mukdahan, wikitravel, click here.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Buses & Vans in Chanthburi go up country, a much bigger population base than Trat.

From Chant, I know that Si SaKet is serviced by crazy white vans next to Tesco and I have been told that their are daily buses to Sarin/ Ubon Ratchathani from the bus station around the corner.

The last time I ventured to Mudahan I went to Bangkok and flew to Nakon Phanom and then it was a 50 min drive to the Mudahan/ Savannakhet border. I hate traveling on buses in Thailand & just do not do it.

Are you doing a Visa run?

As much as you may laugh at this suggestion, if you have a few days up your sleeve, consider a train to Ubon. If you are just wandering around abit and looking for an excuse to explore, it is a good way. I would suggest spending 1000B on a lonely planet Thailand book if you are going to do this much though., they often have many hotels near train stations listed.

Getting to Mukdahan, wikitravel, click here.

cheers for the info mate. ill be staying in mukdahan and will be going to koh chang for a couple of days and was looking for a way to trat without going back to bkk. i've done bkk to trat before in a taxi for about 3000 baht so i'd reckon if i got closer to trat in a bus and a taxi the rest of the way,it could set me back about 1500-2000 baht.ill check out the Chanthburi service

The problem is, "closer to Trat" good luck finding a taxi as such.

I see buses passing through Chanthaburi all the time with Koh Chang as the destination on their front window.

OPne problem I see is that you go via Ubon to Chant then change buses to Ko Chang is that you might end up on one of those slow buses with a orange stripe that stop all the bloody time.

• Like 1

i just had another look in travelfish and it seems there is buses from ubon to trat, hell of a long journey so might break it up and stop off after a couple of hours as i will have a child with me. stay over night somewhere.