Online Banking Limitations

SCB online banking has some annoying limitations, such as:

- Max. 100,000THB transfer to another bank per day

- Max. 20 3rd party SCB accounts on file

- Max. 10 other bank accounts on file

Does anyone know if all other Thai online banking (TMB, Kasikorn, Krung Thai, Bangkok Bank etc..) have similar limitations?

In Kasikorn you can transfer as much as you like, but only in blocks of 50K. So if you have to pay 200k you have to make 4 transactions and pay a fee every time and get a code on your mobile every time, but it can be done.

The rest of the restrictions I am not aware of any at Kasikorn

Yup, but domestic transfers up to I think 300,000 in one go with Bkk bank.

No limit of 3th party accounts.

Trough mobile phone you are limited to 50,000 due to safety reasons.

Only pain is to get ibanking you have to be flagged as "resident" with Bkk bank, generally meaning having a 1year extension of some kind...

International transfers will require paperwork with all banks.

Change of phonenumber should only be allowed in person at branch as when using otp this is your main safety feauture.

Edited by pdebuck456

Have you talked to your SCB branch ? I am pretty sure the transfer limits can be increased

Go to your home branch and they will direct you to a phone and call the call center. They will increase your limits once you input your ATM PIN into the phone pad. Not sure if you can increase the number of third party SCB accounts and other accounts without opening a business account since most individuals would not need any more than what they allow

Have you talked to your SCB branch ? I am pretty sure the transfer limits can be increased

Go to your home branch and they will direct you to a phone and call the call center. They will increase your limits once you input your ATM PIN into the phone pad. Not sure if you can increase the number of third party SCB accounts and other accounts without opening a business account since most individuals would not need any more than what they allow

SCB said they cannot lift the ten 3rd party account limit unless you have a company account (note sole proprietorships or basic partnerships don't have the ltd company documents required for this, so the limit does apply to these types of business too)

I'll have to ask about the 100,000 per day limit (note that this limit only affect transfers to non-SCB banks per day)

Also this is really stretching, but I wonder if there are any banks in Thailand that offer an API; so that you can automatically make transfers (using a program). For example if a business has to pay 100 employees per week; I'm assuming they don't sit there doing 100 individual bank transfers do they? But instead run payroll software that automatically transfers the correct amount to each employee's bank account.

SCB said they cannot lift the ten 3rd party account limit unless you have a company account (note sole proprietorships or basic partnerships don't have the ltd company documents required for this, so the limit does apply to these types of business too)

I'll have to ask about the 100,000 per day limit (note that this limit only affect transfers to non-SCB banks per day)

Also this is really stretching, but I wonder if there are any banks in Thailand that offer an API; so that you can automatically make transfers (using a program).  For example if a business has to pay 100 employees per week; I'm assuming they don't sit there doing 100 individual bank transfers do they? But instead run payroll software that automatically transfers the correct amount to each employee's bank account.

I think Our company has such a solution with UOB. To be verified with them.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know.

I wrote to Kasikornbank regarding the limit of 50K :

Today I wanted to pay an invoice of more the 100K using Cyber banking.
I learned that the transaction amount is limited to 50K
So I did my payment in three times: 50K + 50K + remainder.

A bit silly don't you agree?

If it is to prevent mistakes a simple message would be sufficient.
If it is for security reasons this "annoyance" is simply of no use.

Maybe it is to increase the profits of the bank because for each
transaction you can charge a fee.
Greedy!!

I received following response:

According to your enquiry regarding on credit limit on K-Cyber Banking. I would like to inform you that you can increase your credit limit on K-Cyber Banking up to 1,000,000 Baht via K-Contact Center (66)2 888 8800 press 0 press 3 and up to 2,000,000 Baht via KBank branch.

Good to know.

I wrote to Kasikornbank regarding the limit of 50K :

Today I wanted to pay an invoice of more the 100K using Cyber banking.

I learned that the transaction amount is limited to 50K

So I did my payment in three times: 50K + 50K + remainder.

A bit silly don't you agree?

If it is to prevent mistakes a simple message would be sufficient.

If it is for security reasons this "annoyance" is simply of no use.

Maybe it is to increase the profits of the bank because for each

transaction you can charge a fee.

Greedy!!

I received following response:

According to your enquiry regarding on credit limit on K-Cyber Banking. I would like to inform you that you can increase your credit limit on K-Cyber Banking up to 1,000,000 Baht via K-Contact Center (66)2 888 8800 press 0 press 3 and up to 2,000,000 Baht via KBank branch.

Apparantly this increase is only applicable for KBank accounts.