Kasikornbank Makes Easy Money

16 years ago In opened a saving account with Kasikornbank an received - payed for - an ATM card.
And every year Kasikornbank charged me 500 Bath for the pleasure of using the card.

Last week this card got stuck in an ATM machine. Luckily I was able to retrieve it. A plastic layer came lose. Time for a replacement. After 16 years using the same card this should not be a problem (I thought).

I was in for a couple of surprises. The ATM card is now replaced by a Debit card. Price : 700 Bath w00t.gif

But if you open open a new account the card will cost you only 300 Bath, if you decide for this card on the spot. Because if you opened a new account without requesting this debit card and change your mind two weeks later- though sh1t- it's 700 bath dear valued customer.

Lesson learnt:fix an aging card with glue instead of asking for a replacement.

If you are a K-Banker, don't use an isolated ATM machine.

Only use an ATM outside a bank branch - so when a problem occurs, you can go inside the bank and sort it.

K-Bank ATMs don't discriminate Thai/farang, all customers are fair game. AA

All banks steal (western or Thai) and it's not even their money, it's the stang of the shareholders. Use them if you have to but remember, when push comes to shove, they don't give a sh*t about you, only your money!

I use SCB and have very few problems. Very easy Internet access. Once my wallet was stolen and they only charged me B200 to replace the card and they were very courteous.

I would run away from K-Bank and Bangkok Bank is a pain in the butt. I had a Krungsri account which was ok but I like the SCB Internet access. A piece of cake to set up.

paid for a product online yesterday and after making the calculations, it came down to 30.50 to every dollar. The banks website says 29.99.

Got a receipt from a merchant some months ago and was told the amount that should appear on my statement. But when the statement came, I was charged more than 14 baht more. Sent them an email together with the receipt from the merchant, and got the usual reply; call a k-contact center because we don't discuss such things by email. I simply cancelled the visual card.

500 baht a year for a K-bank "ATM" card!!!!. I only pay 200 baht a year for my Bangkok Bank debit card.

You must have some other fee also being tacked on...like maybe some kind of accident insurance.

Go to this K-bank Link and download the English language PDF fee document titled "Service Fee for ATM and Debit Cards....."

The doc says the annual ATM card "replacement" fee is 100 baht or 200 baht depending on when you opened the account and based on your post you would be in the 100 baht/year category. And the "annual service fee" is 100 or 200 baht depending on when you opened the account...once again it appears you qualify for the 100 baht per year fee.

A quote form the doc says regarding card replacement:

ATM and Debit Card

- ATM card*

- Baht 100 per card for new or replacement card

- Baht 200 per card for annual fee

*ATM Card

- Application before March 10, 2007, the annual fee is Baht 100 per card.

- Application from March 10, 2007, the annual fee is Baht 200 per card.

Of all the banks I use here, and that's pretty much every single bank, I prefer K Bank and SCB. That said, for all the flak Thai banks get, we've never lost funds in any of them. Can't say the same for when M Bank (Texas) in the good ol' developed US of A went belly up in the 80's.

:-)

Banks need to make money. If they don't make money they go out of business often taking your money with them.

You are not forced to have an ATM or debit card. You can use a passbook for free if the cost bothers you that much.

I use SCB and have very few problems. Very easy Internet access. Once my wallet was stolen and they only charged me B200 to replace the card and they were very courteous.

I would run away from K-Bank and Bangkok Bank is a pain in the butt. I had a Krungsri account which was ok but I like the SCB Internet access. A piece of cake to set up.

... but only the card is Bath 1500.-- / year ;-) !?

Edited by Somrak

Banks need to make money. If they don't make money they go out of business often taking your money with them.

You are not forced to have an ATM or debit card. You can use a passbook for free if the cost bothers you that much.

So if you leave the province where your account is you get free service with your passbook?

Didn't think so.

• 3 months later...

Hi I tried a few searches on my topic but I was spending to much time trying to find a answer ,Sorry

I have a kasikornbank savings account. I originaly open in Sakon Nakhorn with 14,000 bht

Today I deposited 400,000 bht into my savings account in Udon Thaini I noticed they charged me a 420 bht fee. I asked why!!

the customer relation girl said it was a commission. Can anybody tell me without clowning around why they charge

a fee to use my money.

Thank You

Hi I tried a few searches on my topic but I was spending to much time trying to find a answer ,Sorry

I have a kasikornbank  savings account. I originaly open in Sakon Nakhorn with 14,000 bht

Today I deposited 400,000 bht into my savings account in Udon Thaini  I noticed they charged me a 420 bht fee. I asked why!!

the customer relation girl said it was a commission. Can anybody tell me without clowning around why they charge

a fee to use my money.

Thank You

Clearly found on the websites of most if not all Thai banks.

Out of province transactions, online, atm or at the counter incur fees.

Thailand today is still a country where it is actually cheaper to withdraw a big heap of cash, walk over to a different branch and do a deposit, compared to doing an online transaction from behind your computer with no labor/staff of either bank involved!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So now when I want to withdraw it I will get a fee weather I withdraw it from Sakon Nakhon or udon Thaini ?

I have a kasikornbank savings account. I originaly open in Sakon Nakhorn with 14,000 bht

Today I deposited 400,000 bht into my savings account in Udon Thaini I noticed they charged me a 420 bht fee. I asked why!!

a fee to use my money.

Thank You

Clearly found on the websites of most if not all Thai banks.

Out of province transactions, online, atm or at the counter incur fees.

Thailand today is still a country where it is actually cheaper to withdraw a big heap of cash, walk over to a different branch and do a deposit, compared to doing an online transaction from behind your computer with no labor/staff of either bank involved!

while in thailand this in-province/out of province staff can be pain in the butt...

i wish my european banking would be this cheap!

in thailand there is no account maintanence fee, there is no own atm withdrawal fee locally, even for multiple/larger withdrawals...even out of province and different atm, it is very low in comaprison to my home.

so, all in all, i am very happy with the thai banks in general.

If you withdraw in the same province as where your account was opened, it will be free.

Anywhere else in Thailand, you'll pay.

I guess it will slowly get better, Bangkok bank for example lowered the fees for inter province transfers done by atm or online banking signifficantly, with the first 5 transactions every month totally free.

Other banks tend to follow!

My guess is online transactions becoming free or very cheap in the near future, with transactions in branch by teller remaining expensive. Much I guess it is now in the West.