Ubon Ratchathani News & Development

ubonrthai

• 2 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Any truth to the rumor that immigration might move from Phibun to Sirindhorn near Chong Mek in the near future?

I doubt it very much. They might be building a new headquarters for Ubon immigration there but not the office for extension and etc.
I would come closer to believing a rumor that they are moving to here in Ubon city if such a rumor existed.
Yes, that would seem more realistic to me, assuming they do to turn the ubon airport into an international one ( again ). I think they would need immigration there.

They are actually moving to Phibum almost opposite of Sirindhorn Dam Main entrance and building is now about 60% Complete

I went by that site this morning. Looks like it "almost" done...at least from the outside.

I agree that the location is not that great ( very congested already ), but they are building or already completed a ~5 story parking garage.

Edit: sorry about the pictures being sideways. They are upright on my desktop preview.

post-183512-0-04834500-1425360533_thumb.

post-183512-0-46487300-1425360539_thumb.

Edited by NiwPix

was driving about town yesterday and noticed that the old krung thong hotel is now rebuilt and has a new name and the iconic sign saying "TURKEY BATHS' is now gone,

also i filled up at esso petrol station and went down the small soi just opposite it and the karaoke and soapy there was closed as well, so does that just leave the long beach as the

only one in town, is there a crackdown in place or is it just the way things are ?

scottyfacepalm.gif

The Tropical Asset Company is building what I suppose would be Ubon's 3rd official "condo" this year called "I Condo." I can't find a Facebook page or website anywhere. Thai name of the company is เดอะ ทรอปิคอล แอสเซท จำกัด if you feel like searching.

post-103222-0-59012900-1425877352_thumb.

post-103222-0-33950700-1425877357_thumb.

By the way, i do recomend This area to ALL as we where today in there just for inspection and it's nice and very good for families

They have nice large pool, massage place and Sauna 3 for males and 2 for females, those female saunas are Aroma steam saunas

also aircon gym with good view to pool area and free wifi as well

was driving about town yesterday and noticed that the old krung thong hotel is now rebuilt and has a new name and the iconic sign saying "TURKEY BATHS' is now gone,

also i filled up at esso petrol station and went down the small soi just opposite it and the karaoke and soapy there was closed as well, so does that just leave the long beach as the

only one in town, is there a crackdown in place or is it just the way things are ?

scottyfacepalm.gif

I couldn't possibly comment on an open forum. Buy me a beer next time and I might be loosened up a bittongue.png

Post removed. Please remember rule 17

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.

Kind of surprised there's a big enough market to open a route from Ubon to Utapao. Still hoping they get a flight going back down South like Phuket. AirAsia just got a few more planes in Thailand and said they are opening a couple new routes.

• Like 1

Yeah, if we get Phuket then I would say that ubon finally connects to all major cities / airports in Thailand.

I saw on the flight schedule that thai lion air has a rout from dmk to ubon and back...that's quite a few flights we already have to dmk...is the demand really that high?

All the Nok Air flights I have taken in the past 6 months (about 10 flights) - have been 95%+ full. There's a big hole in the schedule to BKK between 9.15 and 13.25 which I would like to see filled.

• Like 1

Some more info on Ubon's 3rd condo. Their website is supposed to be www.thetropicalasset.com but it doesn't seem to be working yet. April 26th are presales. Unsure of the location but it mentions "Benjama Huai Muang." By the school somewhere?

According to the ad, you will have a "chic chic life" close to nature if you live here...

post-103222-0-76860500-1427722847_thumb.

Edited by ubonrthai

I think this place is just up the road from my old house (sold last December). My house was on the corner of Thanon Chonlabratann-Tha Bor Road and Soi 9. Just along Soi 9, the owners of THE ICON are building a new housing estate which I thought was going to be another town house complex like THE ICON. The land is all cleared, fences built and a office-selling building going up in front. The site is about 10 rai and runs down to the edge of Huai Muang. There will be nice views across Huai Muang to the Fisheries department.

Last year the ICON people repeatly gave me offers for my house and said they wanted to pull my house down and built shophouses. I sold it to other people who have now pulled out most of the trees, dug up the lawn and are putting in a car park to serve their apartments across the street. Some people call this progress.

Not sure if one will have a Chic Chic life in any thing the ICON people built. The materials they use in their buildings leaves a lot to be desired.

After an absence of about 14 years, TOPS has returned to Robinson-Ying Yong in the city. I popped in there this morning. It is in its former position on the ground floor.

A bit like a Tesco-Lotus Express store. Fresh vegetable and fruit section is small. Beer, but only a few bottles of wine. It will be welcomed by those in the inner city.

I notice that the I Condo sales office is rapidly being completed on their site for their grand opening on Sunday April 26th. They will be hoping for brisk pre-sales for their one to two bedroom apartments.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ubon International Hotel, former Nevada, has reopened, promotion signs saying 900 baht/night. And opposit at the Nevada, there is a new water park with a pool. smile.png

This Friday, April 24th Ubon Immigration will be at Anuban school beside Tung Sri Muang from 0900 to 1130 to provide mobile service for 90 day reports and extension services. For more information you can contact Capt. Pim @ 089-131-4399.