Thai Jobs/businesses

Jockstar

I didn't mean the 2000 years seriously, but for sure you brake 100-200 laws, mostly hygenic things, maybe also some safety regulations with the gas and sure the gas system must be checked every year, you must have something to wash your hands (with electronic so you don't need to thouch it), no smell is alowed to go on the street, so you need some filters............

Maybe you brake 300 laws.....

Strange. What laws? I kind of thought that laws would affect thie business. But 2000years?lol

Prakanong I think your idea of doing the markets is good, car boot sales too - very popular. Friends of mine make enought o live on and more like that. 1 pound for a teenie cup of noodles etc etc etc

Daly I think the service you are talking about is Jeeves?????

Prakanong I think your idea of doing the markets is good, car boot sales too - very popular. Friends of mine make enought o live on and more like that. 1 pound for a teenie cup of noodles etc etc etc

Daly I think the service you are talking about is Jeeves?????

My catering experience is limited to a burgwer outlet in the Uni Hall Of Residence for a while as the food was <deleted> but I would have no clue about a commercial operation.

I was thinking about it a bit more while in the local Chinese supermarket yesterdaqy in Chinatown watching all the caterers buying supplies.

Pad Thai would need a lot of effort if it was to be cooked fresh for batches of customers - how many cooks would you need to go all day?

From watching "The Apprentice" the other weeks on BBC2 where they had stalls in London I reckon it could be done - work your <deleted> off for 4 months and live in LOS the rest of the year.

A 1000GBP a day profit over 4 months?????

Even half that would see you have a very nice life

A little bit related but requiring a lot more capital - Last time I was in London I tried one of those bare bones chinese places - this one was on Oxford Street

A limited menu mostly noodles and rice with a main sauce - served in paper/card cartons and eat in on picnic bench type tables in a sparce interior.

Cheap and cheerful but they were doing a roaring turnover when I was in even outside the main eating times.

A Thai verson of these?

how many Brits would be as enterprising as the Thai's when it comes down to survival?

The basic survival instincts have been replaced by social security handouts :o

Thais IMHO ( through necessity ) can be more enterprising.

Hmmm, I forgot to mention that Korean barbecue places in Sydney at least are really popular... mainly with Asian Australians though (not necessarily Korean) and farang who have Asian friends or connections to the Asian communities. I find Korean food to be very meaty; not at all similar to Thai or Vietnamese. It's like the Asian version of the meat and three veg English diet.

I didn't mean the 2000 years seriously, but for sure you brake 100-200 laws, mostly hygenic things, maybe also some safety regulations with the gas and sure the gas system must be checked every year, you must have something to wash your hands (with electronic so you don't need to thouch it), no smell is alowed to go on the street, so you need some filters............

Maybe you brake 300 laws.....

Strange. What laws? I kind of thought that laws would affect thie business. But 2000years?lol

You right mate, what hygien things have to deal with selling food. lol

Clean hands? what for? There is no need, as it well know, to clean your hand if you touch food :o

Safety, you still right, who cares if you gaz container explode? Who even cares if people are killed or injured?

Go on earth , and think. Laws are mostly made for 2 purposes :

1) Take your money to make it used on something else (that is politicaly criticable)

2) Enforce the safety of everyone, because there is still people smoking when feeling the gaz tank of their car, or people cooking in insame way (botulism?????)

The "there is 300 laws" is only a sellfish attitude that must be understood as : I can not be rich as fast as I am. Well, because laws, even in Austria , people working in fabric get a salary (I heard near Linz the Boss union were complaining it was laws that push them to pay salary and they can not be rich as fast as they expected).

Law = retirement, vacations, social security.

How many of the thai have that? Ever seen the old woman selling noodles? Do not think she is doing it because she is bore (that is true in europe). She is doing it because it's no retirement money (no laws), or the little kids are sick (no social security because no laws) ...

Too much laws is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Not enought is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Notice the word bad have the same size in both occurence (visual explanation).